Ideas for a good case(for custom loop)

Hi guys,

im going to upgrade my pc with a custom loop(cpu and gpu) in the near future.

Which case can u recommend? (Im currently using the H700i and im not a real fan of it and want so sell it)

Can u recommend a good gpu block for the asus strix 1070Ti?

Thanks for any help :)

lg

lukas

As far as GPU blocks go, I love my Phanteks block I have for my MSI Gaming X 1070. I chose the Phanteks block because it was the only one I could find that was compatible with the stock back plate. If I went with an EK Block, I would have had to spend additional to get a back plate. Bitspower has a block for your GPU 

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-asus-strix-gtx-1080-ti-v2-clear-acrylic-for-asus-rog-strix-gtx-1080-ti-vga-card.html#Specifications

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Id go with Lian Li DC11 Dynamic if I was to rebuild my rig

As for the Strix

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109831410

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

21 minutes ago, Luko2_0 said:

Hi guys,

im going to upgrade my pc with a custom loop(cpu and gpu) in the near future.

Which case can u recommend? (Im currently using the H700i and im not a real fan of it and want so sell it)

Can u recommend a good gpu block for the asus strix 1070Ti?

Thanks for any help :)

lg

lukas

ek is currently the best selling waterblocks with good quality. tell me ur case budget ?

2 minutes ago, Andrew Park said:

tell me ur case budget ?

200€

17 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Id go with Lian Li DC11 Dynamic if I was to rebuild my rig

yeah i also have an eye on the LianLi PCO11Dynamic from DerBauer.

3 minutes ago, Luko2_0 said:

200€

yeah i also have an eye on the LianLi PCO11Dynamic from DerBauer.

have you looked at the corsair 570x rgb tg case?

18 minutes ago, Andrew Park said:

have you looked at the corsair 570x rgb tg case?

yeah, but its not the right fit for me

27 minutes ago, Luko2_0 said:

yeah, but its not the right fit for me

Define R6 or Meshify C if you like compact but challenging cases.

15 hours ago, For Science! said:

Define R6 or Meshify C if you like compact but challenging cases.

Well Meshify C is good for air cooling solutions since it's compact and has good air flow with mesh front plate

2 hours ago, Andrew Park said:

Well Meshify C is good for air cooling solutions since it's compact and has good air flow with mesh front plate

Which makes it also a good watercooling case. dont forget that watercooling is still ultimately aircooled too.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Which makes it also a good watercooling case. dont forget that watercooling is still ultimately aircooled too.

yup but the problem here is that the small size of the case. for custom loop you'll need some room for it but it's still a really go callenge XDDD and seems like you've already built a custom loop in it :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

As far as GPU blocks go, I love my Phanteks block I have for my MSI Gaming X 1070. I chose the Phanteks block because it was the only one I could find that was compatible with the stock back plate. If I went with an EK Block, I would have had to spend additional to get a back plate. Bitspower has a block for your GPU 

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-asus-strix-gtx-1080-ti-v2-clear-acrylic-for-asus-rog-strix-gtx-1080-ti-vga-card.html#Specifications

Hey there, I am currently in the market for GPU blocks for my ROG Strix 1080Ti, was trying to decide between Phanteks Glacier and Bitspower blocks. Are both compatible with OEM back plate? And how does the bitspower stack up to the likes of Phanteks and EK? I know the Glacier is great quality, and Bitspower makes awesome fittings, but have never heard any reviews for their blocks.

General nerd and I work in corporate finance. Happy to help!

3 hours ago, wpowell13 said:

Hey there, I am currently in the market for GPU blocks for my ROG Strix 1080Ti, was trying to decide between Phanteks Glacier and Bitspower blocks. Are both compatible with OEM back plate? And how does the bitspower stack up to the likes of Phanteks and EK? I know the Glacier is great quality, and Bitspower makes awesome fittings, but have never heard any reviews for their blocks.

Bitspower definitely knows what they are doing in the water cooling space so I would expect nothing short of top tier performance from their blocks honestly. As far as support for stock back plate, would need to check the blocks product page to ensure it does support it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

31 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Bitspower definitely knows what they are doing in the water cooling space so I would expect nothing short of top tier performance from their blocks honestly. As far as support for stock back plate, would need to check the blocks product page to ensure it does support it. 

Alright thanks for the info!

General nerd and I work in corporate finance. Happy to help!