I Need help with cables and motherboard.

Hey guys i just got a new corsair 650d case with a corsair rm750 psu and a corsair h60 cooler. When i was transferring all my hardware from my previous case to my new case i ran into a problem. The mobo i have is a msi z77a g45 and for the most part i have plugged the psu cables into slots that i know are correct but there are some cables, specifically ones from my case that i just dont know where they go at all. I have my hardrives and fans plugged in i got my psu plugged in with the switch turned on and the computer wont even start. When i press the power button at the front of the case absolutely nothing happens so i would assume its not connected to the motherboard. Can someone please help me figure out which cables need to go where on the mobo for it to work. 

Hey guys i just got a new corsair 650d case with a corsair rm750 psu and a corsair h60 cooler. When i was transferring all my hardware from my previous case to my new case i ran into a problem. The mobo i have is a msi z77a g45 and for the most part i have plugged the psu cables into slots that i know are correct but there are some cables, specifically ones from my case that i just dont know where they go at all. I have my hardrives and fans plugged in i got my psu plugged in with the switch turned on and the computer wont even start. When i press the power button at the front of the case absolutely nothing happens so i would assume its not connected to the motherboard. Can someone please help me figure out which cables need to go where on the mobo for it to work. 

Well everything has it's corresponding socket, and you can't really plug stuff into the wrong place. I suggest undoing EVERYTHING and starting again, being very careful with each cable and making sure everything is seated properly.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Well everything has it's corresponding socket, and you can't really plug stuff into the wrong place. I suggest undoing EVERYTHING and starting again, being very careful with each cable and making sure everything is seated properly.

well i am leaving on vacation tomorrow and i have been been doing this for about 5 hours so im not gonna start over again i have all my power cables into the mobo, i mean i have built the computer before but im now having problems trying to change cases. The only plug that isnt plugged in is a small plug labelled 1394 coming from the case but i have no idea where it goes on the mobo. 

the 1394 is a plug is a plug for firewire. your motherboard does not have firewire, since firewire is old and sucks so just leave it unplugged and tug it away. Of course now your firewire port on the front of the case will not work, but that is fine, becuase... well firewire sucks ;)

Also the cables for the power button and all the fron io are usually the small once with one or two small plugs. you have to look at the manual to figure out in which order they go. or just watch some build logs and you will see they stick onto some pins sticking out of the motherboard usually at the bottom right and sometimes labeled as fron i/o on the board and in the manual.

the 1394 is a plug is a plug for firewire. your motherboard does not have firewire, since firewire is old and sucks so just leave it unplugged and tug it away. Of course now your firewire port on the front of the case will not work, but that is fine, becuase... well firewire sucks ;)

i have all the power switches and and power leds and all that plugged into the right ones that worked in my old case but now in this new case with the new psu nothing turns on, i cant decide if maybe something is broken or what

i have all the power switches and and power leds and all that plugged into the right ones that worked in my old case but now in this new case with the new psu nothing turns on, i cant decide if maybe something is broken or what

you might have shorted the board, but lets not hope so... but make sure you do all these steps:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/

i placed the mobo on its box the entire time i was working with it and even if i had shorted it wouldnt it make a noise or something to show it wasnt working.

plugged in old psu turns out the new one is dead, im disappointed i have always trusted corsairs products, this was the first one to let me down

plugged in old psu turns out the new one is dead, im disappointed i have always trusted corsairs products, this was the first one to let me down

the RM series is not that high quality. Corsair's AX series and HX series are great, but their RM series? I wouldn't trust them.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

DOA is hardly a let-down

A let-down would be the power supply destroying your PC.

If manufacturers checked every single psu they made they would carry a massive price premium like the dominator platinum ram.