Cheap AliExpress Graphics Cards - SCAM???

When GPU prices stayed high for so long, people started to get desperate... So we went shopping for cheap GPUs on AliExpress to see what happens!

Buy a GTX 1060 6GB for a not ridiculous sum:

On Amazon: http://geni.us/brR9s

On Newegg: http://geni.us/uujZ

Buy an actually warrantied GTX 1080 for less than we paid for this one:

On Amazon: http://geni.us/1YhzB

On Newegg: http://geni.us/zTV7HI

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Aliexpress is dodgy, no protection. You need a proven track record from other forum people to buy from a company on Aliexpress. I have purchased lots of stuff from known reputable Aliexpress companies.

That 5Gb model is for those internet cafes, it isn't officially released to the public.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

That 5Gb model is for those internet cafes, it isn't officially released to the public.

So yes that card is legit.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Dude! I had no idea that Elsa still existed!? I think the first videocard I ever bought was an Elsa Victory Erazor with an Nvidia Riva 128 Chip. Those were commonly available in germany back then. I wonder if it's still the same company.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Tear the cooler off of that 1060, make high-res pictures of them and send them to Buildzoid/Actually Hardcore Overclocking for a PCB VRM analysis :) I wanna see that PCB. 

Ye ole' train

Just now, clean said:

could have made the in-video advertisement longer for you to be pleased... 

They probably did. A video on youtube makes more money when it's 10 minutes or longer. The video is exactly 10 minutes because they presumably padded it to get to the 10 minutes mark for the better ad revenue

1 hour ago, Hans Power said:

Dude! I had no idea that Elsa still existed!? I think the first videocard I ever bought was an Elsa Victory Erazor with an Nvidia Riva 128 Chip. Those were commonly available in germany back then. I wonder if it's still the same company.

One would assume so given that it's the same name making the same thing

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

32 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Come on guys, 10 minute videos? Really?

What's wrong with 10 minute videos? They did what they set out to do - test AliExpress GPUs and find out if they're legit

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

1 hour ago, potoooooooo said:

Really?

Lots and lots of things they do = REEEEEEAAAALYYY!

31 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

test AliExpress GPUs and find out if they're legit

looks like they are not legit judging by the video thumbnail

Wheres the ebay link to the card? You said we should see one at the end of the video

2 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

Boring until the chart for the 1060 5gb vs 6gb come one. Why hide it behind this overused cheap aliexpress title?

That's a good question. I think that's probably best left to someone like Gamers Nexus - a bit too specific for Linus, but it'd be an interesting content piece.

She/they 

4 hours ago, ONOTech said:

Commented this on the video but I'll say it here, too. From my personal experience, Aliexpress is usually more legit than ebay with these video cards, which I found surprising. Granted, I have no clue how well Aliexpress' return policy works, but I've only had great experiences with ebay's and their buyer protection.

Nonetheless, if you want bottom of the barrel prices and local deals suck, go Ali. You can find authentic $60 2 GB GTX 750 Tis on Ali. I highly recommend it if you don't mind waiting a month for shipping. Glad that bigger channels are looking into this!

saw your comment on the video maybe ill buy one 750 the prices are amazing!

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

51 minutes ago, williamcll said:

snip

Elsa is pretty popular brand in Japan. We are using their cheap cards for our products in 24/7 environments and not a single problem with those cards. We requested P6000 from them for our evaluation and they loaned us the card for free.

Considering how many fans Linus has, I think this video is doing a disservice to them. While he may have buckets of cash to throw around, many people do not, and video is going to encourage them to visit AE to see if they can't get "an even better deal!" and get ripped off.

This was an irresponsible video.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

They probably did. A video on youtube makes more money when it's 10 minutes or longer. The video is exactly 10 minutes because they presumably padded it to get to the 10 minutes mark for the better ad revenue

I think Linus talked about this on the WAN Show a few weeks ago, but the 10 minute plus mark only applies if they are running mid-video ads, which is something that LMG doesn't do. 

2 minutes ago, cdadmin said:

I think Linus talked about this on the WAN Show a few weeks ago, but the 10 minute plus mark only applies if they are running mid-video ads, which is something that LMG doesn't do. 

This is correct. LMG does not make extra income from 10+ minute long videos.

Please overclocking your GTX1065

The GTX 1060 5G exists, but iirc, it's exclusive to China and internet cafes, which is why you didn't find info about it on the North American site.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

The GTX 1060 5G exists, but iirc, it's exclusive to China and internet cafes, which is why you didn't find info about it on the North American site.

That's all over the Youtube comments too.

And the video, but I guess nobody watched that. 9_9

8 hours ago, bestbattle said:

Came here for the actual aliexpress links.

I am displeased with you, people.

They don't get commission for AliExpress.  They do for Amazon and Newegg though.

10 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

They mentioned it on the WAN Show.  I can't remember off the top of my head, but they don't get money.  I think it's got something to do with them not doing official Youtube ads.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

just a reminder that the Zotac 1060 5GB is cheaper than the MaxSun 1060 5GB right now.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition