Steam streaming on Pi with AMD gpu.

King_of_Oz

Yo,

I wanted to create a DIY steam link with my Pi 2, and I came across a RetrePie add-on called "Moonlight" which allows you to stream steam games but requires a Nvidia GPU. My desktop uses and AMD GPU. So my question is: is there a way to stream steam games to a raspberry pi from a system with an AMD GPU.

And you can't just install steam on the pi. It doesn't support ARM

thanks!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

steam in-home streaming with AMD on a windows PC and moonlight on the pi should work fine.

What problems do you have?

If you are building the DIY steam link because it might be cheaper don't just buy one on eBay for 15 bucks. But if you are doing it because "Hey it's cool f**k it" then I respect that. And no it will not work with an AMD Graphics Card because Moonlight uses Nvidia Geforce Experience. And as far as I have seen their is no equivalent.

Edit: Just realized you have a Raspberry

Setup:

Name: Ryzentosh

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400mhz

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thermaltake Smart RGB Series 600W

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." ~ Murray Walker RIP

On 5/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, timl132 said:

steam in-home streaming with AMD on a windows PC and moonlight on the pi should work fine.

What problems do you have?

Moonlight works with GameStream

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

My build:

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, ForChickenNuggets said:

If you are building the DIY steam link because it might be cheaper don't just buy one on eBay for 15 bucks. But if you are doing it because "Hey it's cool f**k it" then I respect that. And no it will not work with an AMD Graphics Card because Moonlight uses Nvidia Geforce Experience. And as far as I have seen their is no equivalent.

Edit: Just realized you have a Raspberry

Thanks! I am doing for the "hey its cool". I am considering upgrading to a 1070 soon, so that will solve my problem.

also,

My build: