Motherboard for Office PC

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,
On 5/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Drake10114 said:

More I never really heard anything about the ultra durable lineup from Gigabyte, just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding them?

I like them. Gigabyte boards are some of my personal favorites.

Hello,

Does anyone know if Gigabyte H370M D3h mobo's are good and reliable? or Asus Prime H370-Plus? Or is it worthwhile to go for a gaming board i.e Asus ROG Strix H370-F Gaming?

Building a pc for the office (1 of 10), and am wondering if what I chose for the motherboard is a good option?

Cpu is I3-8100, and don't really want to spend a ton on the board, just want it reliable and have 3 display outputs and type c usb.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

10 hours ago, Drake10114 said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if Gigabyte H370M D3h mobo's are good and reliable? or Asus Prime H370-Plus? Or is it worthwhile to go for a gaming board i.e Asus ROG Strix H370-F Gaming?

Building a pc for the office (1 of 10), and am wondering if what I chose for the motherboard is a good option?

Cpu is I3-8100, and don't really want to spend a ton on the board, just want it reliable and have 3 display outputs and type c usb.

idk if you will ever notice a difference between both motherboards

what do you mean if it's reliable?My motherboard which is produced in 2005 still works lol..it's still "reliable".I guess H370 will be useful for years..ofc depending on your requirements

11 minutes ago, sample text said:

idk if you will ever notice a difference between both motherboards

what do you mean if it's reliable?My motherboard which is produced in 2005 still works lol..it's still "reliable".I guess H370 will be useful for years..ofc depending on your requirements

More I never really heard anything about the ultra durable lineup from Gigabyte, just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding them?

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

14 hours ago, Drake10114 said:

I didn't hear anything about them regarding the durability,but it's good brand..especially the X470 models.I'm pretty sure you will like it.I have a Gigabyte mobo which is alive for 8 years or more

13 hours ago, sample text said:

I didn't hear anything about them regarding the durability,but it's good brand..especially the X470 models.I'm pretty sure you will like it.I have a Gigabyte mobo which is alive for 8 years or more

That's good to know, since I plan on upgrading these every 5 years or so, but of course dependant on how software progresses. Figure'd these are better then laptops in the long term.

Thank you

Current System Specs:

On 5/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Drake10114 said:

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Heard lots of good things about them, and after talking to someone, the dual bios feature maybe nice to have.

Current System Specs:

Just now, Drake10114 said:

Heard lots of good things about them, and after talking to someone, the dual bios feature maybe nice to have.

Yeah it's a shame that feature isn't on more motherboards.

I doubt you'll ever need it in an office PC, but definitely good to have.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah it's a shame that feature isn't on more motherboards.

I doubt you'll ever need it in an office PC, but definitely good to have.

Yeah, and finding a motherboard with 3 outputs is hard enough as is lol. But Thanks, gonna go w/ the h370, and see what the future holds for upgrades

Current System Specs:

1 minute ago, Drake10114 said:

Yeah, and finding a motherboard with 3 outputs is hard enough as is lol. But Thanks, gonna go w/ the h370, and see what the future holds for upgrades

Do you really need 3 outputs? Most general use office PCs don't use more than one display.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Do you really need 3 outputs? Most general use office PCs don't use more than one display.

Currently we all have 2 displays, and I know majority of us wouldn't mind triple monitors eventually. Handy when doing accounting work.

Current System Specs:

1 minute ago, Drake10114 said:

Currently we all have 2 displays, and I know majority of us wouldn't mind triple monitors eventually. Handy when doing accounting work.

Ah, makes sense. I mean if you need more displays in the future, you can always grab a cheap GPU and use that to run displays. Something like a GT 1030 or even as far back as a GT 720. Usually you can find them around 40-50 USD sometimes as low as 30.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:40 PM, Drake10114 said:

Hello,

I really would not buy low end Gigabyte boards, I've had some bad experiences with them blowing up (I blew up 2 Z270 UD3s overclocking a 7700K to 4.7)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

17 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I really would not buy low end Gigabyte boards, I've had some bad experiences with them blowing up (I blew up 2 Z270 UD3s overclocking a 7700K to 4.7)

What if I have no plans to overclock the board? They should be fine for what I'm using them for, but thanks for the input.

Current System Specs:

17 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ah, makes sense. I mean if you need more displays in the future, you can always grab a cheap GPU and use that to run displays. Something like a GT 1030 or even as far back as a GT 720. Usually you can find them around 40-50 USD sometimes as low as 30.

Yeah, can always do that eventually, but the Igpu should be plenty for what I need.

Current System Specs:

@Crunchy Dragon how important is having a typc c USB, idk how close to mainstream it is?

Current System Specs:

36 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

@Crunchy Dragon how important is having a typc c USB, idk how close to mainstream it is?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I think it would be nice to have one.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I think it would be nice to have one.

After reading some user reviews, the mobo I picked seems a solid choice and has most of the features I wanted, too bad it's not atx, but oh well.

Current System Specs: