Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CMOS Reset. Now What?

CMOS wouldn't do much here.

The motherboard has post codes at the bottom. Those numbers that light up during the boot sequence, probably in red. What are they displaying?

Then again, what exactly do you mean by "it didn't boot"? Nothing turned on at all? Screen went black? Are fans spinning?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you waited long enough?
I don't know how it is with ryzen 2 and x470 boards but i do know the first boot of my 2 r5 1600 builds took multiple minutes, like 5-10 minutes.

Insanely long. But i waited and eventually it was all fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything lights up including the mobo it’s just nothing shows up on screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NMS said:

CMOS wouldn't do much here.

The motherboard has post codes at the bottom. Those numbers that light up during the boot sequence, probably in red. What are they displaying?

Then again, what exactly do you mean by "it didn't boot"? Nothing turned on at all? Screen went black? Are fans spinning?

Everything lights up including the mobo it’s just nothing shows up on screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patrick4325 said:

Everything lights up including the mobo it’s just nothing shows up on screen

did you plug your display cable?

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patrick4325 said:

HDMI 

so did you plug it to your monitor?

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your motherboard has a little display at the bottom right. Look at what error code it gives you.

 

Other things you can try:

Make sure all power cables are connected.

One for the CPU (plugs into the motherboard, near the CPU).

One for the motherboard (the big 24-pin one).

One or more for the graphics card.

 

Make sure the display cable is plugged into your graphics card, not the motherboard.

 

You can always try booting the computer up with just 1 stick of RAM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PokiDaSpitz said:

so did you plug it to your monitor?

Yeah I got a old all in one pc with a screen. That would work also right? And yeah it’s all plugged in

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Your motherboard has a little display at the bottom right. Look at what error code it gives you.

 

Other things you can try:

Make sure all power cables are connected.

One for the CPU (plugs into the motherboard, near the CPU).

One for the motherboard (the big 24-pin one).

One or more for the graphics card.

 

Make sure the display cable is plugged into your graphics card, not the motherboard.

 

You can always try booting the computer up with just 1 stick of RAM.

Will hdmi work as well as display?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patrick4325 said:

Everything lights up including the mobo it’s just nothing shows up on screen

On the monitor or on the POST screen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NMS said:

On the monitor or on the POST screen?

It’s just says no signal

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patrick4325 said:

It’s just says no signal

That's not what I'm looking for:)

On the motherboard, at the very bottom there is a digital display that shows 2 digits/letters. What do they say?

Those are POST codes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NMS said:

That's not what I'm looking for:)

On the motherboard, at the very bottom there is a digital display that shows 2 digits/numbers. What do they say?

Those are POST codes.

Oh I’m away from

home at the moment To I will get back to you on that. I just need to one thing. I rest the cmos do I need to redownlod the bios? Or will it still boot propley

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patrick4325 said:

Oh I’m away from

home at the moment To I will get back to you on that. I just need to one thing. I rest the cmos do I need to redownlod the bios? Or will it still boot propley

Clearing CMOS simply erases all the settings that you tweaked in BIOS (if).

 

But yeah, once you're home, write down every error code you see and post them here and wait for someone to respond. Or you can also check what every code means in the motherboard manual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patrick4325 said:

Oh I’m away from

home at the moment To I will get back to you on that. I just need to one thing. I rest the cmos do I need to redownlod the bios? Or will it still boot propley

It will still boot properly (if everything else is as it should). You do not need to download a new BIOS.

Resetting the CMOS just resets all the settings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick4325 said:

Everything lights up including the mobo it’s just nothing shows up on screen

Ryzen can take up to 15 minutes on the first boot.  Stupidly annoying?  Yup.

Home AI/Game Development, and Music Editing Workstation:

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fx3sNP

 

Mobile Workstation:

Ryu Hayabusa:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/37bVz7

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patrick4325 said:

Yeah I got a old all in one pc with a screen. That would work also right? And yeah it’s all plugged in

u have black screen,because you use All In One computer as a monitor.Well it won't work,because the All In One computer's ports are Display Out,not Display IN.You CAN connect another monitor to your All In One PC,but you CAN NOT use All In One computer as display to another PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sample text said:

u have black screen,because you use All In One computer as a monitor.Well it won't work,because the All In One computer's ports are Display Out,not Display IN.You CAN connect another monitor to your All In One PC,but you CAN NOT use All In One computer as display to another PC

Even if I’m using hdmi?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sample text said:

u have black screen,because you use All In One computer as a monitor.Well it won't work,because the All In One computer's ports are Display Out,not Display IN.You CAN connect another monitor to your All In One PC,but you CAN NOT use All In One computer as display to another PC

Should I be using display? Or HDMI? Is display better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NMS said:

Clearing CMOS simply erases all the settings that you tweaked in BIOS (if).

 

But yeah, once you're home, write down every error code you see and post them here and wait for someone to respond. Or you can also check what every code means in the motherboard manual.

This is what happens when I start the pc

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Patrick4325 said:

Should I be using display? Or HDMI? Is display better?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to try with another monitor.

Chances are, your all-in-one PC can't be used as a display.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×