Can I Upgrade My Chromebook

So I have a Dell Chromebook 11 3180 and its very slow this is a Chromebook my school gave me I want to turn it in to a windows device no matter how much it's going to cost even if I have to replace all the enternals even the mother board it self.

Our school has all these dumb restrictions that stop me from going into developer mode to actually change the os so I feel like I will have to replace the mother board because all the enternals are crap and aren't upgradable. 

I wanna turn it in to a gaming computer so an actual dedicated GPU is something I want and I know theres not enough space for this stuff but that doesn't matter because I'm going to 3d print a new base to the computer and I don't really give a shit is it sits 6" off the table 

If any of you could find some laptop parts or itx parts that I can use to build a new internal system for this Chromebook that will still connect to the screen that would be amazing. If theres no way to make the track pad and keyboard work with the system I can always get an external mouse and keyboard that I can mount into the computer. 

Thanks.

So, you would have to essentially upgrade the ENTIRE LAPTOP, which is not really possible, beyond maybe an extra stick of RAM. Just buy a new laptop.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

I don't think it's a good idea to put windows on a chromebook, chances are that its an ARM cpu and you can't put normal windows on it, and if it's X86, chances are you won't find the correct drivers.

Like said above, build a pc or get a better laptop.

edit: Its a Celeron, probably soldered to the board, not upgradable and integrated graphics. You would need a new laptop case, motherboard and probably ram if you want to upgrade it, so get a new laptop or desktop.

Well i know it would probably be a lot easier to build a new computer I want to do this so that I can provide that I did itand because it will be challenging I know what kind of parts r inside it I opened it up and checked it out that's y I wanna upgrade the entire computer 

26 minutes ago, Goof.decent27 said:

this is a Chromebook my school gave me

So it's not yours....

Hope you (or your parents) are ready to pay for the damages you do...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Goof.decent27 said:

So I have a Dell Chromebook 11 3180 and its very slow this is a Chromebook my school gave me I want to turn it in to a windows device no matter how much it's going to cost even if I have to replace all the enternals even the mother board it self.

Our school has all these dumb restrictions that stop me from going into developer mode to actually change the os so I feel like I will have to replace the mother board because all the enternals are crap and aren't upgradable. 

I wanna turn it in to a gaming computer so an actual dedicated GPU is something I want and I know theres not enough space for this stuff but that doesn't matter because I'm going to 3d print a new base to the computer and I don't really give a shit is it sits 6" off the table 

If any of you could find some laptop parts or itx parts that I can use to build a new internal system for this Chromebook that will still connect to the screen that would be amazing. If theres no way to make the track pad and keyboard work with the system I can always get an external mouse and keyboard that I can mount into the computer. 

Thanks.

Tell me the exact brand and model number of ur Chromebook.

I guess....I can help...

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So it's not yours....

Hope you (or your parents) are ready to pay for the damages you do...

No it is mine because I purchased it from the school

4 hours ago, Goof.decent27 said:

No it is mine because I purchased it from the school

Ok.

You'll need a custom motherboard made to fit the shell, that's probably not more than half a million dollars to have it made from a fab. 

Tehn you'll need to contact nVidia and give them a few million to make a video card to fit the motherboard you're having custom made to fit inside the chromebook shell.

So, piece of cake really, all you need is to be a multi-millionaire and then you can have a chromebook shell with bespoke insides.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Why don't you just get Linux @Goof.decent27 . There are a lot of Linux skins out there that look like windows and all of your restrictions will still be gone. Just look up on google how to install Linux on a Chromebook. My friend did it but he couldn't keep it because his computer would no longer show up on our district's IT software so he just went to IT and got it reverted back to Chrome OS. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have a similar issue.