Banana plug compatible 5.1 receiver suggestions?

Wolf_Lbh

Edit: I'm shopping for a receiver, here are the features I am looking for:
hdmi 2.0 (4k@60fps)
hdmi arc
spdif input
hdcp 2.2
bluetooth
outputs that are banana plug compatible

Any suggestions welcome.

2 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Cut the cables strip the insulation back ram the wire in

I'd rather not. An adapter would be way better.

1 minute ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I'd rather not. An adapter would be way better.

buy a cable with a female banana plug then cut the cable strip the insulation off and ram the wire in

1 minute ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

buy a cable with a female banana plug then cut the cable strip the insulation off and ram the wire in

Wouldn't it be cheaper and neater to just buy an adapter?

Just now, Wolf_Lbh said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper and neater to just buy an adapter?

I dont think anyone sells an adapter to a wire.

1 minute ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I found these two things that look like they might be right but I'm not 100% sure:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZL14DD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097JLRZM

there just crimped ends which you put on the end of a bare wire. It makes the wire stronger so less likely to break strands which clipping and unclipping. In Europe (german standard) is a requirement for power cables to be crimped to stop the cables from breaking as easily.

12 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

there just crimped ends which you put on the end of a bare wire. It makes the wire stronger so less likely to break strands which clipping and unclipping. In Europe (german standard) is a requirement for power cables to be crimped to stop the cables from breaking as easily.

So those are basically just skinnier banana plugs? So I could have someone take the banana plugs off one end and replace them with those and they would work with the spring clips on my receiver?

1 minute ago, anothertom said:

Or you could just cut the banana plugs off and ram the wire in.

That defeats the purpose of having high quality plugable cables.

What? no it doesn't.

If you wanted to use banana plugs then you should have bought a receiver with banana plug outputs. There is absolutely zero difference audio-wise between any suitable connector and bare wire.

Just now, anothertom said:

What? no it doesn't.

If you wanted to use banana plugs then you should have bought a receiver with banana plug outputs. There is absolutely zero difference audio-wise between any suitable connector and bare wire.

What? Yes it does.

If it isn't plugable then that clearly defeats the purpose of having plugable cables. And high quality wasn't referring to the the sound quality but the durability of exposed twisted wire over time which is pretty shit.

I had some 18 awg speaker wire and a year later it was totally frayed at the end and nasty. Sure I could just keep clipping it shorter over time but I'd rather just have a decent cable that works.

This isn't a debate. I'm asking for help finding an adapter.

3 minutes ago, anothertom said:

So strip the wire and put some solder on it.

Wish I had thought of that... oh wait. If you have nothing helpful to add please stop commenting. It's becoming spam.

50 minutes ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

So those are basically just skinnier banana plugs? So I could have someone take the banana plugs off one end and replace them with those and they would work with the spring clips on my receiver?

The connector only accepts wire or crimped wire. You cant get anything else than a wire to fit. So man up and just cut the end off and crimp the end. There's no such thing as an adapter to a wire.

If you want to keep the original cable you bought just do as I said earlier and get a female banana cable and cut the wire and have that permanently in the speaker. Or modify your amplifier so that it has banana clips but you probably wont do that because if you dont have the skill to cut a cable and add a crimp you definitely cant do something as basic as modifying the output.

Edited by Crunchy Dragon

One of those seems to be a screw lock, which just causes the same problem with the screw the other one im not to sure how that connects.

Just search wire ferrules find the one which is the correct wire thickness to fit the cable you bought and buy a crimp tool. I'm sure you will be better at finding it since I'm apparently the dumb one here. Its basic electronic tools hardly brain surgery.

Edited by Crunchy Dragon

The spring terminal only accepts bare wire. So you just have to use that. That's it.

Those things you linked generally don't work very well.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

33 minutes ago, spwath said:

The spring terminal only accepts bare wire. So you just have to use that. That's it.

Those things you linked generally don't work very well.

Using ferrules can help a lot. It stops the fraying problem.

5 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Using ferrules can help a lot. It stops the fraying problem.

Can you link to some you suggest?

8 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Can you link to some you suggest?

No, I'm not American I don't know American electrical sites. They're metal cylinders which you place on top of the wires then you use a crimp tool which compresses the cylinder to the size of the wires. When placed in the port is sturdier then bare wire.

Just now, Ahoy Hoy said:

No, I'm not American I don't know American electrical sites. They're metal cylinders which you place on top of the wires then you use a crimp tool which compresses the cylinder to the size of the wires. When placed in the port is sturdier then bare wire.

Screw that. That's a major pain in the ass and I'm sure It would just go terribly wrong if I tried to order it without knowing what they are and tried to build it on my own without having any clue what I am doing.

Does anyone know a receiver that hdmi 2.0 (4k@60fps), hdmi arc, a spdif input, hdcp 2.2, bluetooth, 5.1, and has outputs that are banana plug compatible?