Should I buy Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1070 Ti or Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB ?

Also GTX 1080 vs GTX 1070 ti  which one is better?

1070 ti one is 35 doller cheaper. Now I am confused because there are so many same GPU with different prices and I never bought any  previously. 

Should I go for high end GPU(such ASUS as ROG STRIX) or the one which cheaper? 

The 1080 is better by a small margin, if you were willing to OC a 1070ti can match a 1080 but you could OC a 1080 to pull ahead I would go with a 1080 over a 1070ti if $35 all your saving but that's preference, as for brand I never go ASUS personally and have had good luck with past gigabyte gaming cards.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

As a rule of thunb, if you can get a 1080 for less than $50 more, get the 1080 as it has more price to performance

As mentioned, the 1070ti can be ocd to match the 1080 but the 1080 can be ocd further.

Edit: 1070ti not 1970ti

If you can, go for the 1080. I bought the G1 gaming 1080 a few months ago and my experience has been weird. I haven't used any other brand GPUs so this may be the usual experience. First the aorus(?) software failed on me, the lights on the GPU wouldn't change. After much research I found another application to change colors and fan curves etc for Gigabyte cards and whenever I try to open that my PC just lags like it is going to crash. This is persistent and frankly I don't care because I rarely open that thing anyways. Another weird thing is that the card has fan stop like many other cards but when the PC is idling or is under very light load the fans on the GPU make really weird noises. They stop and they start running again and they make a noise like the fan is hitting a small cable. This is very annoying and I changed the fan curve as well as case fans to help keep the GPU more stable. Another thing is that I heard what apparently was coil whine (I got my answer here) while playing rise of nations but I've tried to max the GPU in The Division, BF1 and a few other games and I've never heard of it.

Also I am using a 1080p panel and I get that sweet sweet 144fps in most of the games at the highest settings so I am pleased.

I hope you enjoy your card and you two have a good time together.

7700K, G1 Gaming 1080, Maximus IX Hero, 8x2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz, 256gb 960 EVO m.2, 512gb 850 EVO, 1TB WD Caviar Blue

tbMBP 13"

On 5/12/2018 at 9:34 PM, nmnoz said:

If you can, go for the 1080. I bought the G1 gaming 1080 a few months ago and my experience has been weird. I haven't used any other brand GPUs so this may be the usual experience. First the aorus(?) software failed on me, the lights on the GPU wouldn't change. After much research I found another application to change colors and fan curves etc for Gigabyte cards and whenever I try to open that my PC just lags like it is going to crash. This is persistent and frankly I don't care because I rarely open that thing anyways. Another weird thing is that the card has fan stop like many other cards but when the PC is idling or is under very light load the fans on the GPU make really weird noises. They stop and they start running again and they make a noise like the fan is hitting a small cable. This is very annoying and I changed the fan curve as well as case fans to help keep the GPU more stable. Another thing is that I heard what apparently was coil whine (I got my answer here) while playing rise of nations but I've tried to max the GPU in The Division, BF1 and a few other games and I've never heard of it.

Also I am using a 1080p panel and I get that sweet sweet 144fps in most of the games at the highest settings so I am pleased.

I hope you enjoy your card and you two have a good time together.

I got it.If you don't mind I have another question to  ask. why did you buy this motherboard [Maximus IX Hero] for your build? Isn't it very costly? You could buy Rog strix Z270-F or prime A. What is the necessity of costly motherboard? Does costly motherboard boost performance?  I am on a budget issue that is why I am thinking.

1 hour ago, sony7 said:

I got it.If you don't mind I have another question to  ask. why did you buy this motherboard [Maximus IX Hero] for your build? Isn't it very costly? You could buy Rog strix Z270-F or prime A. What is the necessity of costly motherboard? Does costly motherboard boost performance?  I am on a budget issue that is why I am thinking.

It ticked all the right boxes for me but price you pay for motherboard doesn’t change much in performance. Maybe the VRMs are better cooled and that matters in overclocking and maybe it has WiFi built in, or one extra m.2 slot etc. I was going. To buy top of the Maximus line but that one had features designed spesificly for water cooling etc so I decided to buy this.

7700K, G1 Gaming 1080, Maximus IX Hero, 8x2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz, 256gb 960 EVO m.2, 512gb 850 EVO, 1TB WD Caviar Blue

tbMBP 13"

I have had both. My 1070 ti overclocked basically matches the stock 1080 then barely loses to the overclocked 1080 ( by about 5%). I would say if the 1070 ti is 30 or more cheaper then go with that

Capture.PNG