Build for 1400$

2 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

heres a link of a pcpartpicker list:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mMzFgw

(it doesnt have a 1 stick viper cuz it wasnt available XD, so i put a 4gB ram stick for the price of 1 viper stick (43$) and just imagine it was a viper one,so it would be 12gb of viper DDR4-3000

I don't recommend 12gb over 16gb, but the rest of that build is fine.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

42 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

if you save on your psu (i put in a 80+ Gold 550W which is as good)and you save on the case,motherboard and you remove the ssd,you get 100$ out of your build!!

Your Basicly getting the same performance for 100$ less,and if you removed 4GBs of RAM and had 12 (which lets be honest is enough) for example you got the viper ram that is 86$ for 8GB 3000, if you added half of that price for 1 stick,you would pay 129$ for 12GB and you would save 23$. So if count the ram saving too, you would save 125$ for probably the same performance.

for that 125$ you can upgrade your cpu (to a r5 2600X) and a better motherboard (x470 with 64GB ram support,and sli,crossfire support. Not mentioning the overclocking you can do on that motherboard!)

So now tell me whats more worth it?

the TX550M is worse than the G3, and losing out on the much better responsiveness and faster boot times is NOT worth the $50-70 savings on skipping an ssd.

getting 3x4gb of ram just makes things harder for yourself since you'll need to replace them sooner rather than just slapping in another kit.

4K is too GPU limiting for any difference in CPU performance to show, and overclocking+SLI is moot since B350 boards can oc anyways and your 550w PSU can't handle 2 GPUs.

if you just gonna act like you're better than us and not listen then why the hell did you ask us for help?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, hconverse02 said:

You have $1400 to spend.  That is what you said in the first post.  Now to get good price/performance, you don't need a better cpu for $100 that is only 10% better.  Most people know that a more expensive motherboard does not necessarily mean much better overclocking.  A great b350 motherboard for $90 has the same overclocking potential as a decent x370 or x470 motherboard. This build would be the best price for the maximum performance you can get out of your budget of $1400.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($171.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($152.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($549.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Mini Dark TG MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1197.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-09 09:52 EDT-0400

again even if your getting 10-20% more performance, its still MORE performance,for the same price. 

58 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

I don't recommend 12gb over 16gb, but the rest of that build is fine.

i dont get why you have to spend 20$ more,most people know that if you have more ram, you dont have more performance. If your system is using 10GB of ram (with game included) you dont have more performance if you have 16GBs of ram,youd be fine with 12. because those extra 2GBS arent getting USED.

32 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the TX550M is worse than the G3, and losing out on the much better responsiveness and faster boot times is NOT worth the $50-70 savings on skipping an ssd.

getting 3x4gb of ram just makes things harder for yourself since you'll need to replace them sooner rather than just slapping in another kit.

4K is too GPU limiting for any difference in CPU performance to show, and overclocking+SLI is moot since B350 boards can oc anyways and your 550w PSU can't handle 2 GPUs.

if you just gonna act like you're better than us and not listen then why the hell did you ask us for help?

i dont act. i just wanna know why you HAVE to have an ssd. 

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

again even if your getting 10-20% more performance, its still MORE performance,for the same price. 

I'm so fucking confused. Read my most recent post and get this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F9TpHh you asked for our help, and both @Herman Mcpootis would agree that this build is great price/performance, can do 4k and is cheaper and better than any of the builds you have put together on pcpartpicker so far.

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

i dont get why you have to spend 20$ more,most people know that if you have more ram, you dont have more performance. If your system is using 10GB of ram (with game included) you dont have more performance if you have 16GBs of ram,youd be fine with 12. because those extra 2GBS arent getting USED.

But if you end up needing more than 12gb, you are going to have to buy more ram.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, YourNewPalAlex said:

i dont act. i just wanna know why you HAVE to have an ssd. 

Because it is faster than a hdd, and it has less mechanical failure than a moving hard drive.

My current rig:

Just now, hconverse02 said:

Because it is faster than a hdd, and it has less mechanical failure than a moving hard drive.

but again 70$ is a bit much for a hard drive thats only 250GB or 500GB

Look maybe they are faster,but i dont get convinced by that. Maybe its because i havent used an ssd but id really wait 30sec more for my pc to boot then spend 70$ on something that doesn't help my gaming performance in any way.

4 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

I'm so fucking confused. Read my most recent post and get this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F9TpHh you asked for our help, and both @Herman Mcpootis would agree that this build is great price/performance, can do 4k and is cheaper and better than any of the builds you have put together on pcpartpicker so far.

But if you end up needing more than 12gb, you are going to have to buy more ram.

ughh i dont know about this. Im not sure if the system needs more then 12gbs of ram when running a 4k game

just search up ww2 or fh3 4k test youll see max they use is like 10

So you have 1400$ in your pocket. u wanna play 4k ultra and save as much money as posible right!?

"so our recommendation for general users and gamers is 8GB,if you wanna go upgrade later"

"and 16GB if you wanna be comfortable for a while"

16 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

"so our recommendation for general users and gamers is 8GB,if you wanna go upgrade later"

"and 16GB if you wanna be comfortable for a while"

we're not gonna bother if you aren't gonna bother listening to us, so just go do whatever you want.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

we're not gonna bother if you aren't gonna bother listening to us, so just go do whatever you want.

alright