continuous short beeps from motherboard

Hey guys, i am making a pc for myself within a budget. I bought an old-ish processor i5-2400 and a motherboard from gigabyte, model is h61m-s revision 1.1 . I have a corsair vs450 powersupply, A kingston 4 gb and a samsung 2 gb ddr3 1333MHz ram. My problem is i get no display on the screen and the motherboard keeps giving continuous short beeps. like beep beep beep beep beep beep. I tried to see how long they go on. tried to count them but they were over 100 beeps,i couldnt count properly, they are too fast. but it was over 100 beeps and then suddenly 3 long beeps of a lower tone. I tried to look beep codes for it but wasnt able to find any. I am desperately trying to make it work but i got no idea. thats why i ask help from you guys. Thanks alot :) 

yeah but it continuously keeps beeping :( what do i take it to be then? continuous short beeps i mean. counted them are like 100+ beeps. 

its a brand new motherboard i just got yesterday. I tried reseating ram. i have not put the graphic card in the slot yet. i have put in the motherboard, cpu and sata cables. there is only a 4 pin slot for the cpu. 

3 minutes ago, Hsuyaa said:

please help guys

If you don't tag or quote people, they don't get a notification.

Try booting with each ram stick individually

I edit my posts a lot.

In the cycle of beeping, is there a point where there is a larger time between the beeps?

Just now, Docretier said:

In the cycle of beeping, is there a point where there is a larger time between the beeps?

Yes, after many beeps (100+) there is 3 long beeps and it stays silent after that

2 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

If you don't tag or quote people, they don't get a notification.

Try booting with each ram stick individually

Yes i tried swapping and reseating the ram,even removed both of them and it still gives the same beeping sound

2 hours ago, Docretier said:

Hey docretier, i just found this beep codes on wikipedia about amibios. look at 12, it says ram problem. and (continuous). Could it be the problem i am facing? its not 12 beeps but it is definitely continuously beeping. Or does it mean a continuous long beep? Capture.PNG.a3304234483b7146aeb1d2440a2717ec.PNG

1 minute ago, Hsuyaa said:

Hey docretier, i just found this beep codes on wikipedia about amibios. look at 12, it says ram problem. and (continuous). Could it be the problem i am facing? its not 12 beeps but it is definitely continuously beeping. Or does it mean a continuous long beep? Capture.PNG.a3304234483b7146aeb1d2440a2717ec.PNG

That would seem to be exactly it, it is also followed by the 3 beeps indicating memory read and write error. It would seem as though it might be ram. Is it possible for you to test different ram?

1 minute ago, Docretier said:

That would seem to be exactly it, it is also followed by the 3 beeps indicating memory read and write error. It would seem as though it might be ram. Is it possible for you to test different ram?

At the very least if that isn’t exactly what it means, it’s can’t hurt to try it out.

Yes, i could try taking it to the pc diagnosis people and ask them if they could try different ram on it. I'd be really happy if u could check out this page tomorrow. But any other ideas if its not ram? are you thinking the motherboard could be problem? And what do you think about the processor. Is the processor fine?

6 minutes ago, Docretier said:

At the very least if that isn’t exactly what it means, it’s can’t hurt to try it out.

I actually had called the online market from where i bought the processor,thinking that the processor could be damaged. They are ready to get it replaced for me. So i just wanted to know if u have any suspicions on the processor. 

5 minutes ago, Hsuyaa said:

Yes, i could try taking it to the pc diagnosis people and ask them if they could try different ram on it. I'd be really happy if u could check out this page tomorrow. But any other ideas if its not ram? are you thinking the motherboard could be problem? And what do you think about the processor. Is the processor fine?

Hard to say, once you get the ram tested to see whether or not it is a ram issue, we can go from there. Have you used the cpu before? Has it worked in the past?

Just now, Hsuyaa said:

I actually had called the online market from where i bought the processor,thinking that the processor could be damaged. They are ready to get it replaced for me. So i just wanted to know if u have any suspicions on the processor. 

So you don’t know if the processor is damaged, but a broken cpu has its own post code(beeps) if it is the problem. 

So you don’t know if the processor is damaged, but a broken cpu has its own post code(beeps) if it is the problem. 

5 beeps = processor failure

Hard to say, once you get the ram tested to see whether or not it is a ram issue, we can go from there. Have you used the cpu before? Has it worked in the past?

No, i never used it. Its a cpu i bought just few days back and it reached me today. Thing is the processor is used. But it was in a really good condition. That is why when nothing was showing up i blamed the processor. I got a motherboard speaker later and found out that it beeped in this way. Checked amibios beep codes but nothing about this unusual beep code. So ended up asking on the forums. I do suspect ram a bit since they are used ram too. The psu and cpu fan are both brand new. 

5 beeps = processor failure

Oh so does that mean the processor is fine? 

5 minutes ago, Hsuyaa said:

Oh so does that mean the processor is fine? 

I wouldn’t blame the processor just yet, test the ram, and if possible see it they can test your processor after the ram (don’t know if they will do that or if they will even have a board that supports a gen 2 intel core processor). 

14 minutes ago, Docretier said:

I wouldn’t blame the processor just yet, test the ram, and if possible see it they can test your processor after the ram (don’t know if they will do that or if they will even have a board that supports a gen 2 intel core processor). 

Yes it will be difficult because its not a big shop. The shops here aren't great. makes troubleshooting the pc difficult. But i will test the ram and just hoping thats the problem! Or try another powersupply or easily changeable components like that. Will let you know what i find out.Thanks alot :) 

Just now, Hsuyaa said:

Yes it will be difficult because its not a big shop. The shops here aren't great. makes troubleshooting the pc difficult. But i will test the ram and just hoping thats the problem! Or try another powersupply or easily changeable components like that. Will let you know what i find out.Thanks alot :) 

Keep me posted, quote me after you go to the shop and tell me what happened. 

Keep me posted, quote me after you go to the shop and tell me what happened. 

Sure i will! Thanks alot :) 

Just now, Hsuyaa said:

Sure i will! Thanks alot :) 

No problem, glad I could help. Although I guess I can’t really call it help yet because we haven’t solved the problem yet, lol.

No problem, glad I could help. Although I guess I can’t really call it help yet because we haven’t solved the problem yet, lol.

even reply are a huge help! many do not reply after a while. will tell you what i find out tomorrow. :) 

1 minute ago, Hsuyaa said:

even reply are a huge help! many do not reply after a while. will tell you what i find out tomorrow. :) 

Alright, let me know how that goes.