Suggest Me Headphones

IHirs

Before we start, I have read over the audio boards suggested headphones, but all the descriptions for them are based around music, which i am not interested in.

I am looking for some headphones with 3 main criteria: 

1. Good build quality, the last pair I had broke when I carried them around in a slightly overstuffed backpack.

2. Good for gaming (accurate sound placements, and able to differentiate different sound effects)

3. Comfortable

Edit: Im looking in the price range of under $100 and closed headphones

Are you fine with open-back headphones?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I am also looking for a new headset. I have done some research recently, so maybe I can share my thoughts. But you have to give me more info. Price range? Wired or wireless? For PC only or multi platform? Any brands you wanna avoid? etc

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Are you fine with open-back headphones?

Just realised i forgot to specify this and price, just updated the post

4 minutes ago, w1nger1 said:

I am also looking for a new headset. I have done some research recently, so maybe I can share my thoughts. But you have to give me more info. Price range? Wired or wireless? For PC only or multi platform? Any brands you wanna avoid? etc

Wired or wireless are both equal to me, the wire doesnt bother me that much, pc and phone, no brands i would want to avoid, but must be available through Amazon

6 minutes ago, IHirs said:

Just realised i forgot to specify this and price, just updated the post

Ah darn was going to recommend a ATH-AD700X, but that's open back. Great sound stage though.

The Shure SRH440 are a great pair of closed backs: https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU

7 minutes ago, IHirs said:

Are those open or closed?

Those Philipps are open back.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Are those $100 in 'Murican pesos?

If so, the ATH-M40X might be one you'd like to consider.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

9 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Ah darn was going to recommend a ATH-AD700X, but that's open back. Great sound stage though.

The Shure SRH440 are a great pair of closed backs: https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU

Those Philipps are open back.

Just to make sure, open back headphones means people around me can hear what im hearing, right?

Just now, IHirs said:

Just to make sure, open back headphones means people around me can hear what im hearing, right?

Yes, though typically only when you've got your music up pretty loud, most open backs don't have very bad sound leakage. But yeah it varies depending on the heapdhones.

The ATH-M40 is also another good alternative for a decent closed back.