Why oh Why Can i Not Stream

Hello all,

I have been trying to get into twitch since my interwebs was upgraded.

My question is why am I only able to stream at 720p 1800 bitrate at 30 fps when my PC is more then capable of doing the encoding via cpu or gpu.

Internet speed is

Download       Upload
93.11 Mbps    37.29 Mbps

I have played with so many settings and still have users saying its buffering on there end. I am at a loss is there something I am missing?
Using OBS Studio as well.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

My guess would be that you're setting too high of a bitrate for the users to download so it's always buffering cause their internet can't keep up?

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

that's weird because I can stream with 6mbps bitrate (albeit on 720p) with my system which has a stock i5 3570 and a gtx 970.. I'm using obs with the encoder set to nvenc. My guess is the same with the other guy or try to enable enforce streaming service bitrate limits..

what settings are you using on obs?

What server are you connecting too?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Australia Sydney as its the only one I get a decent connection to.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Buffering is viewer/server side issue. Have you previewed stream from another device (phone, laptop)? You can raise bitrate to 2200-2800 without it being issue. If you get framedrops, lower bitrate.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Seems im able to do 2600 bit rate 720p at 60 fps. Viewing it on my own PC doesnt buffer at all even at 1080p but phone on 4g or other people say its un watchable unless I use 720 60fps 2600bit. Im just going to have to suck it up and accept thats my quality.

11 hours ago, Glathier said:

Seems im able to do 2600 bit rate 720p at 60 fps. Viewing it on my own PC doesnt buffer at all even at 1080p but phone on 4g or other people say its un watchable unless I use 720 60fps 2600bit. Im just going to have to suck it up and accept thats my quality.

On same PC you are only seeing hardware limitations. On other devices you get Twitch server interaction and download speed of client. Since Twitch only allows scaling if you are partner, viewers must match their download speed to your upload.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Aww man that sucks. Most of my viewers are Aussie mates who have 8mbps if there lucky.