Which is more Important? 60 hz 24" or 75 hz 21.5"

DrThots

I've slimmered down to 2 monitors on my watch list. My budget is around £100 and I don't plan on saving for 144hz. I'm not sure If I should sacrifice Hz for bigger screen or sacrifice bigger screen for more hz.

These are the two monitors I've got my eyes on. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VS248HR-Gaming-Monitor-DVI-D/dp/B014RKZ81O/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1525523836&sr=8-15&keywords=144hz+1ms

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0158L13M4/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I'm not sure if they're overclockable but oh well. I did have my eyes on 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GW2470H-23-8-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B0157V5XC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1525038803&sr=1-1&keywords=monitor%2B1920x1080&th=1

But it isn't 1ms and it's 60 hz. Soo yeah Which one is better? I'm planning to use one of these as a Primary, so basically gaming and anime. Second monitor, my old one, will be just sites and chats, music y'know. I don't plan on running both dual screen. If you do have any better suggestions please link them below and explain why. Budget is £100 around. 

Go for the bigger 60hz monitor. I've played at 1080p 60hz and 1080p 75hz and they're more or less the same. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, geo3 said:

IMO the raw screen size is the least important aspect of a monitor.  Refresh rate, resolution, color accuracy are the primary factors I consider.

Then what would you choose? Asus has a good reputation with their products and I haven't heard of AOC

2 minutes ago, DrThots said:

Then what would you choose? Asus has a good reputation with their products and I haven't heard of AOC

AOC has good products also.

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

6 minutes ago, Popi said:

AOC has good products also.

Soo which one...????

26 minutes ago, DrThots said:

Soo which one...????

Depends on your own choice. I myself would pick 24" over 21.5" (even though it is not big difference). They're all 75hz panels and you canno't push them more. Asus's and AOC's minimum response time is 1ms but average response time should be 13ms for both of them. BenQ's average response time is 7ms, however minimum is 4ms.. 1ms vs 4ms ain't that big of a deal for me though..  AOC and Asus has TN panels so I'd make my pick out of em (personally).

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

3 minutes ago, Popi said:

Depends on your own choice. I myself would pick 24" over 21.5" (even though it is not big difference). They're 75hz panels and you canno't push them more. Asus's and AOC's minimum response time is 1ms but average response time should be 13ms for both of them (AOC one is for sure). BenQ's average response time is 7ms, however minimum is 4ms.. 1ms vs 4ms ain't that big of a deal for me though.. 

What do you mean by the minimun response time is 1ms but average response time should be 13ms?

Just now, DrThots said:

What do you mean by the minimun response time is 1ms but average response time should be 13ms?

Response time states how quickly a pixel can display a change from black to white. So averagely pixel will display a change from black to white in 13ms then..

16 minutes ago, Popi said:

Response time states how quickly a pixel can display a change from black to white. So averagely pixel will display a change from black to white in 13ms then..

Which one would you choose if you were in my shoe

20 hours ago, DrThots said:

Which one would you choose if you were in my shoe

I'd go with Asus myself.

For this it depends on what you do with your PC.

Do you need Productivity to get done First?

What kind of games do you play?
What is your GPU?

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

On 5/5/2018 at 3:06 PM, DrThots said:

I've slimmered down to 2 monitors on my watch list. My budget is around £100 and I don't plan on saving for 144hz. I'm not sure If I should sacrifice Hz for bigger screen or sacrifice bigger screen for more hz.

These are the two monitors I've got my eyes on. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VS248HR-Gaming-Monitor-DVI-D/dp/B014RKZ81O/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1525523836&sr=8-15&keywords=144hz+1ms

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0158L13M4/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I'm not sure if they're overclockable but oh well. I did have my eyes on 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GW2470H-23-8-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B0157V5XC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1525038803&sr=1-1&keywords=monitor%2B1920x1080&th=1

But it isn't 1ms and it's 60 hz. Soo yeah Which one is better? I'm planning to use one of these as a Primary, so basically gaming and anime. Second monitor, my old one, will be just sites and chats, music y'know. I don't plan on running both dual screen. If you do have any better suggestions please link them below and explain why. Budget is £100 around. 

the difference between 60 hz and 75hz is barely anything. Also you can probably get the 60hz monitor to overclock to like 65 or so. 

Just get the 24" 60hz

3 minutes ago, overturnedv1 said:

the difference between 60 hz and 75hz is barely anything. Also you can probably get the 60hz monitor to overclock to like 65 or so. 

Just get the 24" 60hz

I decided to get the 24" 75hz monitor. Luckily, my school supply's £10 amazon gift vouchers. We can redeem through a points system. I luckily had JUST enough to get 2. So I had £20 voucher and £15 in promo credit either due to late deliveries or events. So overall it was £94. Just in my budget