Corsair Commander PRO (RGB Strips, RGB fans)

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, InsanityPC said:

Okay so then I wont bother Getting the Node Pro + RGB strip package and get the Commander Pro, and I'l probably go with the LL series fans. 

Thanks for all your help!

Just something to note if you get the 3 packs of the LL fans they do come with a lighting node pro itself and the needed 6 port RGB hub for wiring up the RGB fans. 

Image result for ll fans 3 pack

I have a couple of Questions relating to Corsairs Commander Pro and there RGB Fans and strips. I am building in a Meshify C with the H115i Pro liquid cooler. I plan on buying 2x140mm, and 3x120 fans, plus the LED strips.

1. What Corsair RGB fan looks better? the HD series fans, Or the LL series?

2. Do I need the lighting Node Pro for all of the RGB stuff? Or will the commander be sufficient?

3. Is there Enough ports on the Asus ROG strix Z370-E motherboard or should I Buy a USB hub?

29 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

I have a couple of Questions relating to Corsairs Commander Pro and there RGB Fans and strips. I am building in a Meshify C with the H115i Pro liquid cooler. I plan on buying 2x140mm, and 3x120 fans, plus the LED strips.

1. What Corsair RGB fan looks better? the HD series fans, Or the LL series?

2. Do I need the lighting Node Pro for all of the RGB stuff? Or will the commander be sufficient?

3. Is there Enough ports on the Asus ROG strix Z370-E motherboard or should I Buy a USB hub?

For the Corsair RGB control you can use the Commander Pro Lighting node pro for controlling everything including the fan speeds. In terms of what looks better that's all personal choice, the HD fans have a clear frame so the lights tend to shine and reflect through, where the LL are diffused and look somewhat more even. 

For the motherboard all you need is a single USB 2.0 for the Commander pro. 

Edited by W-L

1 minute ago, W-L said:

For the Corsair RGB control you can use the Lighting node pro for controlling everything including the fan speeds.

So i don't even the commander? The Node Pro will control all my fans and 4 RGB strips?

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

In terms of what looks better that's all personal choice

In your opinion which would you looks better?

Also does the Node Pro offer all the lighting effects?

19 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

So i don't even the commander? The Node Pro will control all my fans and 4 RGB strips?

In your opinion which would you looks better?

Apologies I meant the Commander Pro, the Lighting node pro only allows for lighting and they both are capable of the same lighing effects.. I personally like the more diffused look of the LL fans. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Apologies I meant the Commander Pro, the Lighting node pro only allows for lighting and they both are capable of the same lighing effects.. I personally like the more diffused look of the LL fans.

Okay so then I wont bother Getting the Node Pro + RGB strip package and get the Commander Pro, and I'l probably go with the LL series fans. 

Just something to note if you get the 3 packs of the LL fans they do come with a lighting node pro itself and the needed 6 port RGB hub for wiring up the RGB fans. 

Image result for ll fans 3 pack

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh Sweet! so if i get the 3 pack combo I get a RGB controller that works for strips and fans and a fan controller? So I don't need to wast money on the commander?

2 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

Oh Sweet! so if i get the 3 pack combo I get a RGB controller that works for strips and fans and a fan controller? So I don't need to wast money on the commander?

Yes that will allow for the ability to control both the fans and lights via the 2 channels on the lighting node pro. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yes that will allow for the ability to control both the fans and lights via the 2 channels on the lighting node pro.

Sweet!

Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated!

On 5/2/2018 at 8:47 PM, W-L said:

Should i get the commander pro to hook everything up to and so I can power and control my fans?

6 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

Should i get the commander pro to hook everything up to and so I can power and control my fans?

That's up to you if you like using the Corsair Link Ecosystem you can use that for both the lighting and fan speed control. If not you have an Asus board so it would just be a matter of configuring the fan headers and fan curves in the BIOS. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

That's up to you if you like using the Corsair Link Ecosystem you can use that for both the lighting and fan speed control.

Here is my over the top plan for all my fans and lighting: In the Crystal 570x I want a LL120 RGB in the back for exhaust and 2 LL140 RGB in the top as exhaust. then I want to mount the h150i Liquid cooler 360mm rad to the 3 front stock SP120 RGB then place 3 more LL120 RGB fans on the front side of the Rad so its in a push-pull config. I also want to use 4 RGB strips and line them on each side of the case. I want all the RGB strips, LL fans, and the h150i connected to the commander pro, then idk how il connect the Sp120 

RGB fans.

Props to you if you can understand anything I just wrote XD, I want to keep the SP120 fans because I want to see soem RGB from the front and I want to cover the inside with RGB aswell. idk if this is even possible.

I'l probably need a internal USB hub and another fan lighting controller?

-SNIP-

With that many RGB devices your probably going to require both a commander pro and lighting node pro integrated together. The SP 120 same as the LL fans need to be on their own RGB 6 port hub, from there it can connect over to either the lighting node or commander pro for software based lighting control. You cannot wire up both LL fans and SP fans on the same 6 port RGB hub. 

Here is an example of what can be done using both the commander and lighting node pro, the commander pro has two USB 2.0 ports where you can then daisy chain on a lighting node pro for extra channels of lighting control. 

Image result for commander pro and lighting node

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Image result for commander pro and lighting node

Give me a bit and il make up something like this and il post it.

1 hour ago, W-L said:

This is what i have so far,Wiring.PNG.7d16fd05539470a50c51e3d224fdbace.PNG

I am not sure how all the everything connects to the motherboard and PSU and im not sure how to power the SP120 fans.

Can I use a PWM spliter to split 2 fans into 1 and then connect it to the motherboard?

Or could I split a bunch of 6 fans into 3 and then plug those into the commander pro? 

Is there such thing as a fan hub were i can plug some 3 fans into it and then connect that to the mobo?

Wiring2.PNG.724c04af2c84017621013e8db020790c.PNG

Will something like this work? (Using Silverstones PWM hub)

14 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

This is what i have so far,

I am not sure how all the everything connects to the motherboard and PSU and im not sure how to power the SP120 fans.

Can I use a PWM spliter to split 2 fans into 1 and then connect it to the motherboard?

Or could I split a bunch of 6 fans into 3 and then plug those into the commander pro? 

That looks good but the h150i doesn't have an RGB connection that is done solely through USB control via the Corsair Link software, so you would be left with an extra LED control port. 

For fan control of the commander pro you can use splitters you will need to check for it's rated amperage per header to ensure you don't overload it, moat motherboards have a fan header with a max amperage of 1 amp to provide some context. 

13 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

Is there such thing as a fan hub were i can plug some 3 fans into it and then connect that to the mobo?

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Technology-Sleeved-Splitter-CPF02/dp/B00HJOJS9O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1525638423&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Technology-Sleeved-Splitter-CPF02/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1525638446&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Black-Sleeved-Splitter-Computer/dp/B01GZPEQW6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1525638446&sr=8-6

15 minutes ago, W-L said:

That looks good but the h150i doesn't have an RGB connection that is done solely through USB control via the Corsair Link software, so you would be left with an extra LED control port. 

For fan control of the commander pro you can use splitters you will need to check for it's rated amperage per header to ensure you don't overload it, moat motherboards have a fan header with a max amperage of 1 amp to provide some context.

Here is an updated version,5aef6941ee797_wiring2.PNG.5b05402b40c46fce11e36bc3ebc945f0.PNG

How does this look? The purple are PWM spliters, I Still have no idea how the fan lighting controller, Lighting Node Pro,  and Commander Pro connect to the mother board or PSU and if il need a USB hub? Or if the Commander pro can take all 8 fans?

25 minutes ago, InsanityPC said:

Here is an updated version,

How does this look? The purple are PWM spliters, I Still have no idea how the fan lighting controller, Lighting Node Pro,  and Commander Pro connect to the mother board or PSU and if il need a USB hub? Or if the Commander pro can take all 8 fans?

That all looks good to me, the commander pro and H150i will be the only two devices that wire up to your motherboard, they both requiring a single USB 2.0 connection. The devices that need sata power from the PSU would be the two RGB hubs, lighting node pro, commander pro and the H150i AIO unit.

The commander pro can take all the fans with enough 3 pin fan splitters, just as said check the manual to see how many fans one header can take or the max amperage so you don't overload it. Two fans shouldn't be any problem for a single header. 

15 minutes ago, W-L said:

That all looks good to me, the commander pro and H150i will be the only two devices that wire up to your motherboard, they both requiring a single USB 2.0 connection. The devices that need sata power from the PSU would be the two RGB hubs, lighting node pro, commander pro and the H150i AIO unit.

The commander pro can take all the fans with enough 3 pin fan splitters, just as said check the manual to see how many fans one header can take or the max amperage so you don't overload it. Two fans shouldn't be any problem for a single header.

Thank you so much for all your help! You are amazing! 

21 minutes ago, W-L said:

the commander pro and H150i will be the only two devices that wire up to your motherboard

since the H150i is already connected to the commander pro via USB and then the commander will attach to the mobo, I dont have to connect the H150I to the mobo?