FreeSync monitor with NVIDIA card, 75hz?

Spev
Go to solution Solved by r2724r16,

I just bought a LG 29UM68-P monitor, 1080p ultrawide. My graphics card is the GTX 1070.

The monitor supports up to 75hz. So I got it all setup and had a hell of a time trying to figure out why I couldn't select 75hz for this monitor even thought it's supported (after all drivers updated). Cable was not an issue as I'm using a brand new DisplayPort cable. Turns out I had to go into the monitor settings and turn FreeSync to the "ON" setting. So turns out you have to enable FreeSync in order to get 75hz on this monitor, otherwise its 60hz. Then I was able to go into my display adapter settings in windows and my NVIDIA settings and select 75hz. 

So my question is am I really getting 75hz? I know FreeSync is like GSYNC for AMD cards...I have never really used either. So my question is while using GTX1070 with this monitor, am I really getting 75hz? I don't really know how to test this, but in my display adapter settings and NVIDIA control panel settings it shows 75hz now. So is everything okay?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

No reason why you shouldn't be getting 75 hz. My monitor also only does 75 hz in FreeSync mode.

One thing to look out for is that some 75 hz FreeSync monitors have frame-skipping when used with an Nvidia GPU above 60 hz. If your monitor has this, you should notice it pretty easily.

I think you should also be able to notice the difference between 50 hz and 75 hz. 75 hz is smoother, obviously. You can play some games using the monitor at 60 hz for a bit, and then switch it to 75 hz and see if you notice the difference.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

25 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Sweet test! I dragged the windows across to my other 60hz monitor and it updated right away. Looks like I'm getting 75hz then.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]