Cleaning out new radiator

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
2 minutes ago, scobie56 said:

so this is going to be my first water cooling loop ever, i was watching a few videos and all of them said to clean the radiator and other parts out with either distilled water or mayhems blitz but will it be ok to just use de-ionised water (since its just as pure as distilled water) and will this stuff be ok or is it worth getting the mayhems blitz stuff

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/272512807?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+|+Shopping+GSC+|+All+Products*PRODUCT+GROUP272512807*&gclid=CjwKCAjww6XXBRByEiwAM-ZUIOum_OXnlgzQFjpAU684lWUHvIy28efhL5m_4MBgO-WnDkdHnaPC7hoCMKoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COea06Pg59oCFfcS0wodXBkNjw

You can use regular tap water to rinse and clean out the rad but for the final few rinses you want to ideally use distilled water if you have it available. Deionized will also work if that's all you have available.

so this is going to be my first water cooling loop ever, i was watching a few videos and all of them said to clean the radiator and other parts out with either distilled water or mayhems blitz but will it be ok to just use de-ionised water (since its just as pure as distilled water) and will this stuff be ok or is it worth getting the mayhems blitz stuff

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/272512807?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+|+Shopping+GSC+|+All+Products*PRODUCT+GROUP272512807*&gclid=CjwKCAjww6XXBRByEiwAM-ZUIOum_OXnlgzQFjpAU684lWUHvIy28efhL5m_4MBgO-WnDkdHnaPC7hoCMKoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COea06Pg59oCFfcS0wodXBkNjw

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

2 minutes ago, scobie56 said:

You can use regular tap water to rinse and clean out the rad but for the final few rinses you want to ideally use distilled water if you have it available. Deionized will also work if that's all you have available.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

De-ionised is just as good, if not better than distilled water in terms of purity due to the process of how its made. It's often made from distilled water in the first place. It's not really a compromise.

@scobie56 You can flush the radiator with regular tap water, then give it a final flush with the de-ionised water

7 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

De-ionised is just as good, if not better than distilled water in terms of purity due to the process of how its made. It's often made from distilled water in the first place. It's not really a compromise.

wow... De-ionised water is like €3 per liter, destilled is €5 for 500ml lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

wow... De-ionised water is like €3 per liter, destilled is €5 for 500ml lol

:/ It's only $0.99 here for 4L...

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

@scobie56 You can flush the radiator with regular tap water, then give it a final flush with the de-ionised water

Only thing is if used as a mix it tends to strip ions from a loop, not the end of the world but minor details. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

:/ It's only $0.99 here for 4L...

Sweden sucks for super clean water seeing as we dont really need to purify our sea water as we can just use lakes and filter that so we dont really have much production of it, so prices go up

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016