Building a PC for Strange Parts in China!

Comments and recommendations from a Hong Kong audience.
If you want to buy a PC with a better shopping experience I recommend you buy in Hong Kong instead of Shenzhen. The mall (or more accurate: market) you visited is mainly for wholesale or computer repair and most people there are doing business via Taobao (online shopping platform in China) instead of retail sales.

Some more comments:
1. Beware of Robbers. For me I never show cash on the street in mainland China.
2. Beware of counterfeit stuffs. Maybe they show the real stuff on shelf but in fact they give you a fake one.
3. Never trust the "80 plus" and the Power Rate label printed on the transformer package. Most likely they are fake and under rated.
3. Personally prefer purchasing stuffs from Taobao instead of visiting the mall if you really want to buy things from China.
4. Laughed at 3:07. TBH most people in mainland China dont understand English. Helping from Dennis or Brandon is recommended. From the video credits I saw Brandon is here. I guess Brandon can speak both Mandarin and even Cantonese that can really help quite a lot.
5. 5:25 Remember to do a bargain as most of the time they mark their price higher.
6. 16:00 Watch carefully when paying by cash. People may swap counterfeit cash with you.
7. 23:40 The sponsor advertisement really surprise me. I think I should try next time when travelling to Mainland China.

Some thoughts coming from a Chinese in Hong Kong

• Larger expensive parts aren't as discounted as small parts are when it comes to China, in fact some laptops are even more expensive to buy than amazon. My guess is because of tax. MSI laptops for example.
  • Why didn't they ask for help from Nixiesubs? I'm sure some of them lives in the same city and would lend a hand.
  • I wonder if I can make this same build at an even cheaper price.
  • This video isn't translated yet on BiliBili, but I can imagine the comments going nuts.
  • Only ShenZhen and Hong Kong offer the best prices, the province capital Guangzhou is more pricey while operating on the same principle.
  • THMAlex pointed out the rest, however, shipping fees to Canada can be expensive as taobao's "Free shipping" only extends to the country, excluding SARs like Macau and Hong Kong so keep that in mind.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Linus should come to Hong Kong to buy a PC as well. I guess Williamcll and me will be very happy to be a guest for the episode.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Great News!!!!!

No goofy facial expression in the thumbnail.

Idunno I guess Linus just always looks goofy to me. Kappa

@LinusTech @nicklmg I am very angry at the mis information in the video.

Great Wall makes TXM/CX, so yes you can get a Great Wall PSU

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I swear one of those PSUs said " 90+ gold "

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

I swear one of those PSUs said " 90+ gold "

It means it outputs at least 90 watts.

Screenshot_20180430-211656.thumb.jpg.aab06cf8e73da5b8858e0d3ab8abdeb9.jpg

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I've been to that place, the most interesting part is the used sections where you can buy cheap processors and memories for like a third of ebay price.

The new pc parts section is just same as online.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

It means it outputs at least 90 watts.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8Screenshot_20180430-211656.thumb.jpg.aab06cf8e73da5b8858e0d3ab8abdeb9.jpg

I am worried it will explode (not joking) when using.

Well it may not explode but it sure can fuck up your mobo and cpu. China is well known for its counterfeit products and cloning of hardware.

That psu is garbage and made with the cheapest components they could find at the moment the basement dwellers production was making them.

18 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Well it may not explode but it sure can fuck up your mobo and cpu. China is well known for its counterfeit products and cloning of hardware.

That psu is garbage and made with the cheapest components they could find at the moment the basement dwellers production was making them.

do you have solid proof or is that just what you think?

2 hours ago, THMAlex said:

I am worried it will explode (not joking) when using.

yea, everything made in China will explode, right? lol, you should post that Jackie Chan meme here. Not sure if you are serious or not. With that random "90+" icon, I'd say probably don't buy this one. But being a Chinese grown up in China, my experience tells me that even though their product may seem dodgy when it comes to packaging, it maybe totally legit inside.

One thing that I know for sure is not to judge a book by its cover when you are shopping at a market like this. Sure, if you are not an expert like Scotty, don't buy from brands you don't know, but some of those non-branded or randomly branded products are actually manufactured by the same factory using same standard as other big brand product. It's just bad branding that's all.

What do you guys think about the comments on YouTube about Linus? I am curious.

13 hours ago, williamcll said:

Some thoughts coming from a Chinese in Hong Kong

• Larger expensive parts aren't as discounted as small parts are when it comes to China, in fact some laptops are even more expensive to buy than amazon. My guess is because of tax. MSI laptops for example.
  • Why didn't they ask for help from Nixiesubs? I'm sure some of them lives in the same city and would lend a hand.
  • I wonder if I can make this same build at an even cheaper price.
  • This video isn't translated yet on BiliBili, but I can imagine the comments going nuts.
  • Only ShenZhen and Hong Kong offer the best prices, the province capital Guangzhou is more pricey while operating on the same principle.
  • THMAlex pointed out the rest, however, shipping fees to Canada can be expensive as taobao's "Free shipping" only extends to the country, excluding SARs like Macau and Hong Kong so keep that in mind.

Taobao's premium branch TMall started a free shipping trial to Australia. Maybe they will have free shipping to Canada one day. LOL

12 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

I am liking the longer videos!

I agree. I love his content more i can see of LTT the better.

Living in the 6th circle, we don't have anywhere around here that offers that variety of hardware. I'd love to put together a PC, for kicks, using off-brand/no-name parts, just to see what it would do (or not do, as the case may be)

Something like that socket 775 pointed out in the video, probably get it for pennies on the dollar, through in a Q9500 and see what's what...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

GLOWAY DDR4 8G X2¥930

the same case ¥189

GALAXY 1065 ¥1500

RYZEN 1700+B350 PLUS ¥2419

GREAT WALL G6(650w;bronze 80 plus) ¥499

screwdriver:A gift from cpu seller

=$874.3782 US dollar

在中国淘宝为这个视频安装定价:

CPU:R7 1700,2100 RMB

主板:华硕PRIME B350-PLUS,800元

内存:8Gx2 DDR4骇客神条,1300元

视频卡:华硕GTX1060 O6G GAMING,2200元

SSD:朗科N550S系列240克,310元

电脑机箱:动力火车变色龙,150元

电源:长城巨龙GW-6800,400元

总价:7260元= 1146美元

Linus总价:几乎1162美元!

If you really interest in shopping online, Taboo is a good choose. It will much cheaper than ShenZhen and not get trubbel on different language. I really want to see a video about building a pc by Taboo.