So guys, what is it that introduced you to the world of gaming?

This is just a curious question but i'd like to hear out what pulled you people into playing games and made you a gamer you are today. What was that first system you have ever experienced that you have played games on?

For me it was Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

When I was a little kid one of my cousins visited me for summer vacation, hes a lot older than me and he bought with him his shiny new gaming system. he have a glee on his face when he was setting it up and i had no idea back then why was he so happy and gleeful, but then he turned it on and then i saw it. It was amazing, it totally blew my mind, i was flabbergasted, i have never seen anything like that before and it was my first time. He was nice enough to let me play most of the time, he was very mature and understanding for his age. We played Mario Bros, Contra, Donkey kong, Duck hunt, Ice Climber, Excitebike, Bomberman. Those were my very first games. 

After he left i asked my father if we can have one, but back then we weren't really financially stable and those things were really expensive and i also didnt liked to bother him much when i already know we were struggling.  But he did gave me small pocket change every now and then which i used to save up and go rent the machine for a day or 2 from the nearby rental stores. 

5 Years later when we were finally financially stable enough, my father presented me with something i have never asked or dreamed of owning. My very own NES system. It was the best birthday ever and also the best present ever cause of how it made me feel. 

Things went by really fast after that, I introduced my other cousins who were younger than me to the world of gaming when they visited for summer. We used to play all night during summer. Those were the starting of my days as a gamer. We still play together, well not as often but once a year we host a big lan party and have a blast for old times sake. 

Well that is how i became a gamer i am today. All thanks to that one NES system my elder cousin introduced me to back when i am small. Thinking about it all again brings back those memories, the times we just spent playing together, just a bunch of kids, me and my cousins taking turns playing the game. Whoever looses have to handover the controller so everyone tried their best not to loose. Although my female cousins were not really interested in games but since majority of us were male they just decided to tag along and support us. Good old days eh? ^_^ Yep good old days 

Sorry for the wall of text but i just got carried away by my memories. 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

Short answer from me : NES and SMS (not talking about Short Message Service). ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

An Atari 800 XL with a Datasette drive... well and before that arcade machines due to my dad working at an arcade company as technician... even had a IK+ Arcade machine at home for my birthday once... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

PSP

This page is indirectly revealing people's age isnt it?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

a Nintendo DS Lite haha I wanted a PSP since everone in my class had one but my aunt instead gave me a dslite.. I like it haha I still have it back from around 2008 but it doesn't work now haha the hinge broke which was a common thing to break with a clamshell design.

what got me to pc gaming was an old laptop, a compaq nc6400, back then things were simpler haha you can run anything on it but on 800x600 and 2gb of ram was overkill back then haha i remember playing hl and hl2 on that laptop.. that laptop is still working and its still being used by my dad just for his emails and our printing computer haha

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer. 

I still play it today . . . . . such a good game!

For me it was the ages old Nintendo Game & Watch - games of which we had at least Green House, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong II and Mario's Cement Factory -- might have had more, but after all these years I can't remember that well anymore. Ya'll got spoiled with your fancy NESes and proper console, I tell you! xD

Nintendo_Game&Watch_-_Green_House.jpg

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Tempest console, atari 2600 and Commodore 64.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Playstation 2 & Xbox 360 Slim

CPU Intel i7 6800K  Unlocked CPU/Processor

Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Intel X99 RGB LED GAMING ATX Motherboard

RAM Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz RAM/Memory Kit 2x 16GB 2x

GPU ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL O.C. 6GB - Graphics Card

Case Corsair Carbide SPEC-ALPHA Black/Red Gaming Case with Window

Storage 250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVME SSD

PSU Corsair RMi Series 850W Fully Modular Power Supply

Display(s) AOC E2460SH 24" LED Full HD 1ms Gaming Monitor

Cooling Pure Rock Slim Compact Intel/AMD CPU Air Cooler

Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire Cherry Red Mechanical Backlit Gaming Keyboard

Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance FPS  Laser Gaming Mouse - Black

Sound Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64Bit English OS DVD

Gameboy Color in Elementary school

Runescape in Middle School

PS2 in High School

PC gaming after High School and throughout college :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Minecraft on my mom's iPhone 4s > Minecraft on my friend's Optiplex > Minecraft on a laptop I got for Christmas > TF2 on a friend's computer > TF2 (and Steam) on my computer > me finding a ton of games > now.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I started to play games with my PS1. Then after while I moved to PC gaming. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

N64 and Gameboy Color. I can remember trying to play Pokemon Blue, but I hadn't learned to read yet, so I didn't know you could save, or what anyone was asking me to do.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

PS2.... My first game was Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

Just typing this makes me want to cry.... Good memories, I was like around 5 years old.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

My moms sega!

But what really got me hooked was Red Alert 2 on the PS1!

I was first introduced to PC gaming on an HP Compaq from 1990s/early2000s. Windows XP, where one wrong move could be your last ;) Then, after getting annoyed dealing with computers from that time frame, I stopped for a while - and almost ended up switching over to console. My father's PS2 was the first thing that I ever learned about decent gaming. Then, years later, I was introduced to Minecraft - before the existence of console ports :) That's when I was into PC gaming again (2011). It's been that way ever since ;) 

A Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red was pretty much all I played when I was 4 or 5 years old. Then, when I was 10, I got my very first PC! It had a Core 2 Duo e6700 and an Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE that could barely run Minecraft without overheating and artifacting. 4 years later, I found out that the heatsink wasn't even touching the die of the GPU and the thermal paste had completely dried up...

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

NES at my uncle's house. Sega Genesis at my babysitter's house and my first personal gaming item was my game boy pocket. No backlight, just a contrast control, still have it somewhere....

My First pc experience was the Apple 2C, I beilieve it was the first color monitor for PC's at the time,  i remember my pops learning to program  on that beast, it had a hole 126 i wanna way bites of memory.  goodtimes.   My favorite game i played on it was called Legacy of the Ancients the game came with 10 floppy disks lol 

literally every 15 to 20 minutes you had to flip the disc. you took most of your game time loading the game rather then play the game.  it's amazing how far tech has come since those times.

I started on the NES, but what really got me into computer games was the original Rainbow Six. A buddy of mine at the time showed it to me, and then it was clan matches instead of basketball!

I think my first experience gaming was on the Atari 2600.  Though I think the NES is what really kicked it off for me.

First experience was arcades (they used to be sooooo cool!).

First system was Atari 2600.

First pc was Apple 2gs.