Fake company called "Bully Hunters" goes out of business as people discover the scam

AlTech
38 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

(...)

So, basically this was pretending the Blair Witch Project was actual "found footage" all the way to the premiere day, only to end with a deodorant ad - "Rexona keeps your armpits dry even after a stressful week in the woods"?

^_^

38 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yes!  It was the 'intersectional feminist/neo marxist driven nonsense' who did this!  And that's why it was run by Foote, Cone & Belding, one of the world's largest advertising agencies on the world who do ads for the likes of Taco Bell and Oreo cookies!  Cause that makes sense!

Look, I know you guys really love taking the 'EVIL FEMINISTS' angle but honesty, it's stupid.  Any such idea isn't based in reality.  This was run and funded by an ad agency who had a pretty silly idea.  It was commercial from the get go.  There was never any actual way to hire the 'Bully Hunters'.  It was a fake stream and then the ad company found out that they weren't exactly keying into the gaming culture like they thought they could.

It's Occam's razer here, it's irrational to believe 'This was yet another intersectional feminist/neo marxist driven nonsense push' when it was actually funded and run by a giant advertising corporation. And I really don't understand why you'd want to paint giant corporations as 'foolish, hapless morons who can be sucked into throwing money at anything just because 'the intersectional feminist/neo marxists said so'.

Maybe you should actually look into the host of Bully Hunters, before you go off on a rant. Yes, a large ad agency went together with Steelseries to start an anti bully campaign. Nothing wrong with that. However, it went of rails the second Zombie Unicorn got involved. She's the one spouting the nonsense of millions of women being harassed. She is also the one who ended up harassing a lot of people herself, which is why this entire project was completely derailed to begin with.

If you want to lecture people, maybe, just maybe, look into things so you actually know wtf you're talking about.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, Notional said:

Maybe you should actually look into the host of Bully Hunters, before you go off on a rant. Yes, a large ad agency went together with Steelseries to start an anti bully campaign. Nothing wrong with that. However, it went of rails the second Zombie Unicorn got involved.

The way the sources tell the stories, it seems it went off the rails the moment it was conceived. As in it was a terrible idea from the beginning.

She's the one spouting the nonsense of millions of women being harassed. She is also the one who ended up harassing a lot of people herself, which is why this entire project was completely derailed to begin with.

Yes, it's what spokespersons do. They are hired to be the visible face. I'm not sure if blaming the actor for the script is naivety, confirmation bias, or an attempt at entrenching in the story you originally believed.

It's like you it to be about "a stupid feminist" so badly that facts (like who put this gig together) don't matter anymore.

If you want to lecture people, maybe, just maybe, look into things so you actually know wtf you're talking about.

Please, stop digging before you reach the antipodes.

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

The way the sources tell the stories, it seems it went off the rails the moment it was conceived. As in it was a terrible idea from the beginning.

Yes, it's what spokespersons do. They are hired to be the visible face. I'm not sure if blaming the actor for the script is naivety, confirmation bias, or an attempt at entrenching in the story you originally believed.

It's like you it to be about "a stupid feminist" so badly that facts (like who put this gig together) don't matter anymore.

Please, stop digging before you reach the antipodes.

In other words, you haven't bothered looking into the person or what happened either? Good job.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Wow what a shit show.

Even if this wasn't some made up whatever the staged fuck thing, how is getting some knife kills and advertising in chat actually accomplishing anything?  "Oh no I got killed once I'm going to rethink my outlook about female gamers".

Really hope whoever greenlit this crap gets fired, they're shit for brains regardless of what the final objective was (selling shit, countering online bullying, whatever).

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

what can't people do with a home pc, microphone and editing software anymore?

50 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

what can't people do with a home pc, microphone and editing software anymore?

Address superiority complexes on the internet? 

It has gotten to a stage now where not only are we getting shitty with bad practices, but it looks like we now get shitty with those who report it and those who engage in the conversation as well.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yes!  It was the 'intersectional feminist/neo marxist driven nonsense' who did this!  And that's why it was run by Foote, Cone & Belding, one of the world's largest advertising agencies on the world who do ads for the likes of Taco Bell and Oreo cookies!  Cause that makes sense!

Look, I know you guys really love taking the 'EVIL FEMINISTS' angle but honesty, it's stupid.  Any such idea isn't based in reality.  This was run and funded by an ad agency who had a pretty silly idea.  It was commercial from the get go.  There was never any actual way to hire the 'Bully Hunters'.  It was a fake stream and then the ad company found out that they weren't exactly keying into the gaming culture like they thought they could.

It's Occam's razer here, it's irrational to believe 'This was yet another intersectional feminist/neo marxist driven nonsense push' when it was actually funded and run by a giant advertising corporation. And I really don't understand why you'd want to paint giant corporations as 'foolish, hapless morons who can be sucked into throwing money at anything just because 'the intersectional feminist/neo marxists said so'.

It's just a good thing companies can't have political agendas or you'd look rather stupid right now, wouldn't you?

That's one way to make money from your gender studies degree.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Honestly the best part of it was reading the exchange between Pistol and one of the Bully Hunter people on Twitter. Was pretty funny how childish the BH woman was.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

9 hours ago, Kierax said:

Image result for canoe in space

All the sense this thread makes in one image.

I'm more mad about that the mercedes. Least the boat is in the space.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I feel like this can only make women more targeted.  That's swell.  I'm going to back away slowly now.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

There's a lovely button called "block" you can use in both of those games. I think if you're on the internet and don't figure out how to use this button, you shouldn't be on the internet

6 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

It's just a good thing companies can't have political agendas or you'd look rather stupid right now, wouldn't you?

Okay, so you think that the priority of the companies involved with this was to perpetuate some ideology and was not an (idiotic) attempt to make money from advertising? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but companies require money to operate, right? They don't magically pop into existence because politics. So, uhh, prove it?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Well imagine my shock.

The sad thing is that there's much more scams like this around (abbreviation of one of them is literally CON). This one was just poorly made, that's why it was uncovered so quickly. Yet the MSM still defends them, even though they should be the ones uncovering them.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

14 hours ago, Notional said:

Maybe you should actually look into the host of Bully Hunters, before you go off on a rant. Yes, a large ad agency went together with Steelseries to start an anti bully campaign. Nothing wrong with that. However, it went of rails the second Zombie Unicorn got involved. She's the one spouting the nonsense of millions of women being harassed. She is also the one who ended up harassing a lot of people herself, which is why this entire project was completely derailed to begin with.

Well, i was searching for a TL:DR and i think i found one :D

I'm wondering if someone will end up being sued because of this because steelseries basically ended up paying for really bad marketing that will probably hurt them instead of helping them...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, Shakaza said:

Okay, so you think that the priority of the companies involved with this was to perpetuate some ideology and was not an (idiotic) attempt to make money from advertising? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but companies require money to operate, right? They don't magically pop into existence because politics. So, uhh, prove it?

Both can be correct at the same time.

Remember the fearless girl, aka the statue of the moronic little shit trying to stand up to a charging bull, aka little kid with a death-wish? That too was a marketing stunt (for a marketing firm) disguised as social activism, but the activists then turned it into actual activism. Women standing up to toxic masculinity, that's all everyone knows now.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Fighting bullies in games btw. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Let's try and and end bullying in video games by bullying others ourselves. That totally sounds like a great idea!

I don't see how this could ever have been a real thing.

8 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I'm more mad about that the mercedes. Least the boat is in the space.

Actually I believe the Mercedes is parked like that because the boat is occupying part of its parking space. Don't ask me why they didn't just take the next park though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

next target: pink tax

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Who will Bully Hunt the Bully Hunter? o.O

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

3 hours ago, Carclis said:

Let's try and and end bullying in video games by bullying others ourselves. That totally sounds like a great idea!

I don't see how this could ever have been a real thing.

Actually I believe the Mercedes is parked like that because the boat is occupying part of its parking space. Don't ask me why they didn't just take the next park though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it doens't look like that to me, but who knows. I would think they actually don't have a place to put the boat and rented a space for it, which would make sense. Can't drive around with a boat on your roof every day.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

16 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

it doens't look like that to me, but who knows. I would think they actually don't have a place to put the boat and rented a space for it, which would make sense. Can't drive around with a boat on your roof every day.

That's just asking for it to be stolen then =P

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

21 hours ago, Kierax said:

All the sense this thread makes in one image.

yeah that white merc is totally parking like an asshole