Pc Mainboard beeps 4 times NO post

Plank

Hey I sold my running Pc to another dude and made a Video before shipping just to make sure I don‘t get scammed. So the buyer assembled the Pc and told me it doesnt work.

Mobo: AsRock z97x Fatality Killer SO: 1150

Gpu: 8GB RX480 Red Devil

CPU: i7 4790k

Ram: 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz

PSU: 580w Be quiet straight power E9

So he sended me a Video that the Pc starts, all fans are spinning and then the Mainboard gives 4 Beeps from it. Afterwards it‘s just giving no screen either and starts to restart the process after a minute. -> always 4 beeps, no post and the bootloop begins again.

he said that he 

-checked all cables

-Removed the gpu

-removed the hdd

-checked the ram sticks in every ram slot (single+dual mounted)

but apparently nothing helps.  

Did someone ever witnessed such a problem? I packaged it VERY safely (everything in original box and then I stuffed the whole box in which the part were shipped.)

might there be some damage at a component because I don‘t know what he could try anymore.

The 4 beeps means the mainboard is posting.(They're called a post code).

Refer to your motherboard's manual to see what the 4 beep code means.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The 4 beeps means the mainboard is posting.(They're called a post code).

Refer to your motherboard's manual to see what the 4 beep code means.

I checked the manual online and didn’t find a page where codes are explained sadly :/

on some other forum someone said „on an asrock mainboard 4 beeps mean „system timer failure, which isn‘t repairable“ - is this true/possible? i mean it was so well packaged I doubt something was destroyed.

5 minutes ago, Plank said:

After the cmos reset he says that it‘s still beeping 4 times, hmpf

If that site I posted is correct, and it is a problem with the internal clock, maybe the battery needs replacing. Although normally those things last quite a long time...

Does you mum know you're here?

26 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

If that site I posted is correct, and it is a problem with the internal clock, maybe the battery needs replacing. Although normally those things last quite a long time...

The battery is fine since he has a replacement (same code on it) from his old pc which works but he just saw that on boot there is one LED that shines red on start - does it mean something?

CC9BECEF-D856-48D9-B42F-EB3BE58D1E17.jpeg

6EBDB5AF-2E7D-4D01-B88F-F6DC8F3D9CE0.jpeg

@Plank Sorry, not a clue. It's some kind of boot error, but a quick Google search just comes up with almost every possibility under the sun.

I'm out of ideas for remote trouble shooting, especially since it was working before, maybe it just got damaged during shipping.

Maybe contact Asrock as a last resort?

Does you mum know you're here?

3 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

@Plank Sorry, not a clue. It's some kind of boot error, but a quick Google search just comes up with almost every possibility under the sun.

I'm out of ideas for remote trouble shooting, especially since it was working before, maybe it just got damaged during shipping.

No problem mate! You still had way more clues than me!! I said to him he should buy another Mainboard from amazon warehouse deals to test it because of the 30 day refund... maybe it really got damaged and this way he will find out for free huh. Have a nice evening

On 21.4.2018 at 12:23 AM, VVoltor said:

So uh he brought the Pc to a tech store, paid 40 bucks for a check why it‘s not working and they found out that 2 Ram slots are broken. One of the black ones and one of the red ones. Sooo knowing that I only used the red ones and the black ram slots never saw a ram stick in my home I‘d assume that he tried to push ram sticks in the wrong direction on these two Ram slots. So it‘s his problem now since I have Video proof of the Pc working I guess? Thanks a lot for your suggestions anyway!!!