We're Hiring! Did Colton FINALLY Get Fired?...

CPotter

Editor & Cinematographer Job Submission Form: https://goo.gl/forms/2mJCfutfr3QycS5o1
Business Account Manager Job Submission Form: https://goo.gl/forms/79Ic898ho41vWih92

**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE IN CANADA OR ALREADY HAVE A VALID CANADIAN WORK PERMIT. ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO WORK OUT OF OUR OFFICE IN SURREY, BC, CANADA.**

This job posting video is powered by Private Internet Access! They're an awesome VPN service packed with a ton of dank features at an affordable price. Learn more at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/linus-tech-tips/linus 

It's amazing that you guys need a second accountant now @CPotter >.>

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I'm not Canadian nor do I live in Canada but I do have a question. Say I was a Canadian citizen, was near the Surrey area and studying either media or business at college would you take me on as an apprentice if I ticked all of the boxes for the requirements? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

13 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

They are probably looking for someone who has the mental capability to figure out if they meet the requirements mentioned in the video.

Holy shit, amazingly savage, well done sir.

17 minutes ago, LordTaco42 said:

I'm a wanted man in 12 star systems can I still apply? 

note: missing arm.

One less arm to get RSI in. I would consider yourself hired.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I'm not Canadian nor do I live in Canada but I do have a question. Say I was a Canadian citizen, was near the Surrey area and studying either media or business at college would you take me on as an apprentice if I ticked all of the boxes for the requirements? 

Apprentice ships are for skilled trades.  LMG for sure doesn't meet the legally meet the definition to offer apprenticeship training. o.O

17 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Apprentice ships are for skilled trades.  LMG for sure doesn't meet the legally meet the definition to offer apprenticeship training. o.O

LMG doesn't come close to meeting the term "skilled" in skilled trades.

19 minutes ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

LMG doesn't come close to meeting the term "skilled" in skilled trades.

Yeah, I was really just pointing out that LMG is really not the kind of company that can do 'Apprenticeships' and not taking shots at LMG itself.

But this is something I've often seen on this forum when it comes to fans pleading for employment at LMG.  They are kinda ignorant to actual labour laws and will go so far as to offer themselves up as 'Unpaid Interns, willing to do any job' despite the fact that there are legal measures in place to prevent EXACTLY THAT.  They kinda fail to understand that LMG is an actual employer and it basically can't do an 'Internship' without offering an actual, meaningful field education and prove that to the government.

Edit: To be clear I'm not saying that LMG engages in ANY kind of practices that would violate BC's labour laws.  Only that certain fans want to throw themselves at LMG in ways that they would expect LMG to violate the laws to accommodate the fans's wishes.

I feel like they might need someone to go through all the spam applications.

*Wink*wink*

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

2 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

I feel like they might need someone to go through all the spam applications.

*Wink*wink*

Colton is on it :P

Oh look @Dregan3D I was wrong, well sort of... They aren't just hiring a solo audio person they need a person with many abilities :D Tho imo I still think a simple solution like repositioning of mics and checking videos prior to uploading would greatly reduce issues.

2 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Not apprentice, but intern. There is no apprenticeship for business :P Also how could one check off all requirements? Unless you have past experience in which case you wouldn't want to become a intern at all, but an assistant (not the secretary's fancy name).

2 hours ago, VVoltor said:

They are probably looking for someone who has the mental capability to figure out if they meet the requirements mentioned in the video.

Yea, this video was nothing like the last one... Which is weird considering the position of one of the 2 jobs...

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

'Unpaid Interns, willing to do any job' despite the fact that there are legal measures in place to prevent EXACTLY THAT.  They kinda fail to understand that LMG is an actual employer and it basically can't do an 'Internship' without offering an actual, meaningful field education and prove that to the government.

Actually, Linus might get away with a free intern for Colton's new BF and partner in crime xD Esp for someone in or just leaving school (or someone like me who left said school). I've not actually read BC labour laws, but it's possible based on Ontario's or from what I remember of them.

One thing I noticed on the Account Manager Application that I would always openly refuse to do is "Cold calling potential clients.", I hate people who do this, it doesn't matter the logic or reasoning behind it. If I'm on the receiving end even if the product/service was to interest me I would always turn it down, simply because I associate CCs as scams. If they asked to be called or have in otherwise agreed to be contacted by a rep of LMG then thats not cold calling, thats contacting a potential client who has displayed interest in the past or present of said service. Also LMG is big enough to surly not to have to do cold calls?

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

Actually, Linus might get away with a free intern for Colton's new BF and partner in crime xD Esp for someone in or just leaving school (or someone like me who left said school). I've not actually read BC labour laws, but it's possible based on Ontario's or from what I remember of them.

An intern has to actually have an educational experience at an internship in either BC or Ontario.  That means you CAN'T just hire an unpaid intern and use them as regular labor, you have to ACTUALLY provide education that benefits the intern.  That educational experience is what the intern is paid instead of actual money.  If you use them them as full fledged employees who don't get paid, that's wage theft and exposes you to all KINDS of fines from the government.

An intern has to actually have an educational experience at an internship in either BC or Ontario.  That means you CAN'T just hire an unpaid intern and use them as regular labor, you have to ACTUALLY provide education that benefits the intern.  That educational experience is what the intern is paid instead of actual money.  If you use them them as full fledged employees who don't get paid, that's wage theft and exposes you to all KINDS of fines from the government.

Yea, I know, I've seen tons of free intern jobs in Ontario for people who are fresh out of school with little to no experience. Also Linus never stated they are looking for a intern or a fresh person from school, but requires someone with experience/abilities. Linus could put out a internship posting, but then can't hire anyone with said experience or the required amount of it that he's looking for. Basically a free intern has to be promised/guaranteed (if successful) either a full time job in said feild by the company, or the ability of getting one from the experienced gained from working there. I usually see 6 month-1 year contracts which imo are jokes for interns as most companies need 2+ years...

I technically could go into a free internship to gain hands on experience in said feild. However I'll never do that(and would never suggest someone to do it usually either), regardless how desperate I might be, because I can always flip burgers and continue my education that way if I was to pursue said career. Equally I still can find work in said field w/o completing my education with little effort, and with the little experience I have in it.

To me Canada should simply scrub the whole free intern bs, even with the requirements it drags the whole country down in economics, want a intern? pay min wage, not free as experience doesn't pay the bills :P

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Also Linus never stated they are looking for a intern

And I never said they were looking for one either... So... Congrats for pointing that out?

I wish I could get a cad work permit, I could actually qualify for this job

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

2 hours ago, CPotter said:

This job posting video is powered by Private Internet Access! They're an awesome VPN service packed with a ton of dank features at an affordable price. Learn more at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/linus-tech-tips/linus 

Shit they're becoming self-aware, time to shut it all down

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

And I never said they were looking for one either... So... Congrats for pointing that out?

It's how I read your post. It felt like I had to point it out.

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

It's how I read your post. It felt like I had to point it out.

And my post was how in this job threads, plus the occasional random General thread, you see what are effectively 'kids' trying to throw themselves at LMG, ignorant to labour laws, thinking that if they just agree to work for free that can get their foot in the door, and that whole thing has a bunch of 'grown up reasons' that the 'kids' don't understand as to why it's not viable.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

And my post was how in this job threads, plus the occasional random General thread, you see what are effectively 'kids' trying to throw themselves at LMG, ignorant to labour laws, thinking that if they just agree to work for free that can get their foot in the door, and that whole thing has a bunch of 'grown up reasons' that the 'kids' don't understand as to why it's not viable.

Kids are kids and do not always get how the world works.

Besides, they should understand Linus doesn't have time to take all of them under he's wings.

I'd love to have a taste of "A day in the LMG office", but chances of that happening are 0.01%; but hey you got to have some dreams :P

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

I don't really want to live in Surrey, though.... :P

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

12 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Kids are kids and do not always get how the world works.

Besides, they should understand Linus doesn't have time to take all of them under he's wings.

I'd love to have a taste of "A day in the LMG office", but chances of that happening are 0.01%; but hey you got to have some dreams :P

I'd more enjoy seeing his own kids on the 'Go to work with your parents' day that a lot of school boards do onc ea year for a certian grade. :P

Seriously though I check all of the boxes except the assisting video production team and I would be more than willing to learn about that. I need to get a CAD work permit so that I can be prepared for this in the future, I would love to work at LTT

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro