Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I made some logos for LTT!

I was bored and noticed the LTT logo was a little outdated so I made some (a large collection) of better logo's. These are all the normal designs (plus the circle framed ones to show what they would look like on youtube) but I have a few inverted ones too (like the last one). But I couldn't upload more of those because the gradient background makes the image take of a TON more space. Everybody, feel free to tell me what you think of them!

 

BTW: If anybody has a Youtube/Twitch channel and wants a logo for it (in this or any style) tell me and I'll try to make one for you!

 

Album (if you don't want to view them on the LTT forum for whatever reason):

https://imgur.com/gallery/Gfgu335

 

All of them:

sREe9Nj.png1DpqdT2.jpgxzz30FQ.png6Klim4s.jpgh3ExChn.pngwWQ7Mzw.jpgnKx7EGr.png7AADkXk.jpgWVCn9W9.pngCHrZdEf.pngTD539Zh.pngMu6xdXs.pnguXJvrPo.pngFkfNNNg.pngIWd3bou.pngWYHWINh.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _lightningstorm_ said:

I was bored and noticed the LTT logo was a little outdated so I made some (a large collection) of better logo's. These are all the normal designs (plus the circle framed ones to show what they would look like on youtube) but I have a few inverted ones too (like the last one). But I couldn't upload more of those because the gradient background makes the image take of a TON more space. Everybody, feel free to tell me what you think of them!

 

If you host them on IMGUR or some other site, you can link them and not have to worry about space limitations

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're hoping they might use them, just know this has been brought up before and Linus' reply was that there's legal concerns with using someone's work without paying them for it, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you're hoping they might use them, just know this has been brought up before and Linus' reply was that there's legal concerns with using someone's work without paying them for it, etc.

What if they payed me like $1 or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably won't use them due to  what @Ryan_Vickers said.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

 

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

 

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

 

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, _lightningstorm_ said:

What if they payed me like $1 or something?

idk what exactly the rules are, just that there are some that we might not think about :P  Good luck with whatever you hope for though, they are nice!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

idk what exactly the rules are, just that there are some that we might not think about :P  Good luck with whatever you hope for though, they are nice!

Thx! They took a lot of time to make! :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes logo "outdated"? Current design has been there for just under 5 years. The style of how internet thinks hasn't even moved beyond Apple-round yet.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What makes logo "outdated"? Current design has been there for just under 5 years. The style of how internet thinks hasn't even moved beyond Apple-round yet.

I agree it looks outdated. It's hard to specify exactly what aspects cause that, probably because I don't have a degree in design, but it does have that look.  Even 5 years ago it wouldn't have looked particularly modern.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the one with the white circle and the wan show logo with LTT written in it. 

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I agree it looks outdated. It's hard to specify exactly what aspects cause that, probably because I don't have a degree in design, but it does have that look.  Even 5 years ago it wouldn't have looked particularly modern.

I don’t usually argue with likes on style and looks. Each to their own. So... No offense to anyone. Imo these wouldn't be improvement. Rather a step back to more rounded look. Current style is minimalistic and maybe more align with Microsoft than Apple. Personally I like when things have more edges instead of rounds. More functionalism than futurism.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What makes logo "outdated"? Current design has been there for just under 5 years. The style of how internet thinks hasn't even moved beyond Apple-round yet.

It looks a little flat and it doesn't fit well in the circle youtube uses. (the top of the l is cut off)

Link to post
Share on other sites

These look great. LTT most likely won't use them, however, due to concerns expressed above.

import shittyTechAdvice as RollTime

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I don’t usually argue with likes on style and looks. Each to their own. So... No offense to anyone. Imo these wouldn't be improvement. Rather a step back to more rounded look. Current style is minimalistic and maybe more align with Microsoft than Apple. Personally I like when things have more edges instead of rounds. More functionalism than futurism.

these are very much like iOS icons in my opinion, for whatever that's worth.  The existing logo, it's flat which you're right is in style, but the specific colours used look dated and dirty.  The outline is also really not helping things.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×