Lenovo Ideapad 720S-13ARR Screen Freezes Randomly

I just bought my girlfriend a new Lenovo Ideapad 720S-13ARR laptop. It has a Ryzen 2700U. It has been having random screen freeze issues that require restarting. See video below.

Sometimes it's blue, sometimes it's black. Does not correlate with stress level on the PC.

Lenovo support is unhelpful since I'm trying to fix it on her behalf and I'm currently not there with the laptop physically. It seems that this is an issue that has happened to others, but not a large majority.

RMA? any troubleshooting ideas? Thanks!

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Typical AMD ecosystem problem. Wait for more firmware and BIOS updates.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I would start by doing a clean install of windows and see if it continues from there. Also, be sure that the system is running the latest available GPU driver from the Device manufacturer (i.e.: AMD, NVIDIA...). If the problem still persists and it's a somewhat common issue with that particular model, the I would most likely blame it on the generic motherboard and send it in for RMA.

As it's a laptop, I'd suggest an RMA. It's not nice to get a product with a manufacturing bug/error... and really, do you want to spend too much time "fixing" it, for the risk of a component falling off or drivers never being updated after the warranty expires?

• 4 months later...

I reccomend that you go to the manufacturers website go to the driver downloads page fill in all the info then download the latest graphics driver form there. i've had no luck getting drivers for the 2700U directly from AMD's website

ey b0ss