Who are your personal role models, inspirations for how you run your life?

Tcrumpen

This might get quite deep but i'm curious as to who people view as their role model and general inspirations for their life, for me my two big inspirations are my uncle and the great musician James Hetfield. Say what you like about Metallica but you can't deny Jame's Rhythmic skill plus also this video just proves my point about how inspirational James can be

Something as cliché as my parents. 

They have pretty much spend their life doing whatever they wanted and made a good living doing it. 

All while staying as much out of everybodies business as possible. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

probably Peter Mckinnon because he was able to master the craft of photography and cinema photography and he made that his profession, and know through Youtube he first shows people how to get better at things like Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premier Pro and he also shows the world in a different point of view and he inspires me to do better at photography.

image.jpeg.abf7be73361c5934ad242e0a0bc82e46.jpeg

also he looks super cool and his hair and tattoos are really cool imo lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Since i've heard of Magnus Walker i think he sort of became the person i looked up to, not a role model per say (i lack the audacity Walker has) but i admire him immensely, from his "relaxed" style, the love for the machine (in this case classic Porsches), his audacity to just go out there and make anything work in his favor, everything in general.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

9 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

Ali the boxer and Malcom x for will power, determination, discipline, and morals 

Old mike Tyson and Gordon Ramsey for their lack of giving a shit and being brutally honest while being humble 

If you're fan of people saying it how it is then Simon Cowell would be the perfect person for you

I don't have any humans as role models or inspirations, however that's not to say I don't admire the qualities and characteristics of people. For me I guess I like to keep us (humans) all on the same level, I don't view anyone as more intelligent, gifted or intellectual as another person. Every person has a unique ability, purpose and gift, many of them go about their days unknown to the world.

The reason WHY I don't have role models is varied, but the main premise is that often the roll models outside our immediate family and friends often are people who are praised and put up on a pedestal, but In reality what we see of these people is only a snippet of their real lives. Stephen Hawking is one such example, but there are many others. A man noted for his discoveries and theories, but on the other side of the coin he cheated on his wife and left her. There's ALWAYS a hidden side to every one of use, so I never "look up" to someone or idealize them.

1 minute ago, cartdog said:

I don't have any humans as role models or inspirations, however that's not to say I don't admire the qualities and characteristics of people. For me I guess I like to keep us (humans) all on the same level, I don't view anyone as more intelligent, gifted or intellectual as another person. Every person has a unique ability, purpose and gift, many of them go about their days unknown to the world.

The reason WHY I don't have role models is varied, but the main premise is that often the roll models outside our immediate family and friends often are people who are praised and put up on a pedestal, but In reality what we see of these people is only a snippet of their real lives. Stephen Hawking is one such example, but there are many others. A man noted for his discoveries and theories, but on the other side of the coin he cheated on his wife and left her. There's ALWAYS a hidden side to every one of use, so I never "look up" to someone or idealize them.

Psychologically everyone needs a role model, but i totally get where you're coming from as i myself have massive trust issues

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

Psychologically everyone needs a role model, but i totally get where you're coming from as i myself have massive trust issues

Absolutely. As I said my role models aren't PEOPLE but there is someone I view as a perfect "roll model" in which to admire and follow, If that's the phrasing to use.

4 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

i totally get where you're coming from as i myself have massive trust issues

Oh I wouldn't say Its trust, not for me anyway. It's more of a realistic view in helping keep us all humble. So a way to do that is to view us all on the same level, aware of both our strengths and weaknesses in others and ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, cartdog said:

Absolutely. As I said my role models aren't PEOPLE but there is someone I view as a perfect "roll model" in which to admire and follow, If that's the phrasing to use.

Oh I wouldn't say Its trust, not for me anyway. It's more of a realistic view in helping keep us all humble. So a way to do that is to view us all on the same level, aware of both our strengths and weaknesses in others and ourselves. 

If that someone isn't a person who is it? Is he/she fictional?

No-one is perfect i get that but if someone is a role model you don't aspire to be exactly like them; that's a naive mentality also it's the "obsession" style of admiration. You can inspire to be like them in their approach to work or the environment per-say

Gaius Octavius Thurinus, or simply Augustus.

15 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

Psychologically everyone needs a role model

Citation needed. I'd argue that what everyone needs is to emancipate from any form of role model.

14 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

You can aspire to be like them in their approach to work or the environment per se.

FTFY

People are terrible why would I want to model my personality off of one of those savages, my ideals steam from a distrust of people and power rather than admiration of some famous person.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Al Bundy's my role model.

Maybe a little Red Foreman in there as well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Gaius Octavius Thurinus, or simply Augustus.

Why Augustus specifically?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

8 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

People are terrible why would I want to model my personality off of one of those savages, my ideals steam from a distrust of people and power rather than admiration of some famous person.

I get the distrust of people i really do, i haven't trusted anyone since i was 15 (i'm now 25). Doesn't mean i still don't find certain traits about a persons personality or way of conducting things inspirational

honestly this might be sound a bit dark but i dont have role models when i look at the world and other people around me i dont see examples of how i should do it i see only examples of how i should not do it and i try to live by that. which basically means i try to avoid all the mistakes and bad habbits the people around me have and tr to find my own way from there.

people often make the mistake of glorifying their role models too much and wnt to do everything exactly like them but thats not inspiration thats just envy of you wanting the other ones exact life. but obviously i also admire people for a certain character trade they might have. e.g. my dad will go out of his way and beyond for anyone who needs it in our family (sometime without them even asking and maybe too much but still) and my mom is a really strong character the amount of stuff she put up with over the years and still does without bitching and complaining about it amazes me.a bunch of my cousins have faith wich i also admire the commitment they put into their believe even though i might not share it. an uncle of mine is a bit of an ass character wise but he has never begged for help from anyone and managed to build a pretty good life for himself and his family. and then there my boss. i admire him for his confidence (well you probably need it if you run a company) the way he know how to act and react around clients and runs his business 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

19 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

honestly this might be sound a bit dark but i dont have role models when i look at the world and other people around me i dont see examples of how i should do it i see only examples of how i should not do it and i try to live by that. which basically means i try to avoid all the mistakes and bad habbits the people around me have and tr to find my own way from there.

people often make the mistake of glorifying their role models too much and wnt to do everything exactly like them but thats not inspiration thats just envy of you wanting the other ones exact life. but obviously i also admire people for a certain character trade they might have. e.g. my dad will go out of his way and beyond for anyone who needs it in our family (sometime without them even asking and maybe too much but still) and my mom is a really strong character the amount of stuff she put up with over the years and still does without bitching and complaining about it amazes me.a bunch of my cousins have faith wich i also admire the commitment they put into their believe even though i might not share it. an uncle of mine is a bit of an ass character wise but he has never begged for help from anyone and managed to build a pretty good life for himself and his family. and then there my boss. i admire him for his confidence (well you probably need it if you run a company) the way he know how to act and react around clients and runs his business 

I've got very similar thoughts to yours. Just that I also look how others overcome the circumstances and I mimic them, and yes, I do improvise as well.

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

I don't have a role model in particular, I sorta refined myself mentally and embraced certain concepts that help me. Such as the Law of Uncertainty, which has me convinced that future is not something to worry about too much. Besides that, I have embraced certain quotes, some of which, I came up with such as;

Bad deeds can be done for Good Causes and Vice versa

There is nothing wrong about making someone happy, and there is nothing right about making people sad.

Admittance is the best policy

I won't be surprised if someone has already said these words one to one.

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

It's an odd one but I've always looked up to Gordon Ramsey.

He's always seen as a hot headed guy that will saying all sorts of stuff. But the people he's like this with are Professional chefs.
If you watch him whilst trying to teach younger children or Young adults he takes a very different approach of nurturing them and not just going ballistic.
He seems to be trying to treat his own kids to not become spoiled brats too (still taking them places but flying economy).

Just seems a real great guy that has quite a lot of things I think many people should adopt in this day and age.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

6 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

I know what you mean if i use James Hetfield as an example he has got a troubled past for example when the Black Album Tour was going on there was a lot of inflated ego's and he ended getting divorced, however as the years have moved on he has learned from his mistakes and he's become a lot humbler and more of a wise musician

1 minute ago, IAcKI said:

It's an odd one but I've always looked up to Gordon Ramsey.

He's always seen as a hot headed guy that will saying all sorts of stuff. But the people he's like this with are Professional chefs.
If you watch him whilst trying to teach younger children or Young adults he takes a very different approach of nurturing them and not just going ballistic.
He seems to be trying to treat his own kids to not become spoiled brats too (still taking them places but flying economy).

Just seems a real great guy that has quite a lot of things I think many people should adopt in this day and age.

Ramsey is known for his shout bravado because he has gained a lot of popularity over in the US and the US style of TV is more in your face so he becomes basically an arse hole

6 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

I don't have a role model in particular, I sorta refined myself mentally and embraced certain concepts that help me. Such as the Law of Uncertainty, which has me convinced that future is not something to worry about too much. Besides that, I have embraced certain quotes, some of which, I came up with such as;

Bad deeds can be done for Good Causes and Vice versa

There is nothing wrong about making someone happy, and there is nothing right about making people sad.

Admittance is the best policy

I won't be surprised if someone has already said these words one to one.

I'd but a slight cavat on the 2nd one, someone honesty and bluntness are done for a person's best interest but in doing so you might make the other person upset in the moment

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

Ramsey is known for his shout bravado because he has gained a lot of popularity over in the US and the US style of TV is more in your face so he becomes basically an arse hole

He does sometimes but I also think that style of teaching is needed sometimes. I know in my industry people are never straight and to point. A guy from Germany came in and was very to the point and people seemed to get offended but I found it refreshing. since him being in efficiency has become much better.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

6 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

He does sometimes but I also think that style of teaching is needed sometimes. I know in my industry people are never straight and to point. A guy from Germany came in and was very to the point and people seemed to get offended but I found it refreshing. since him being in efficiency has become much better.

Germans are known for being to the point, it's just their culture