one of the threads of all time

ErykYT3
9 hours ago, Benji said:

Why would feature-less phones come in handy? I would, if I had the desire to, probably keep a flip phone or slider phone (really only the Motorola Rizr Z8) around for nostalgia, but definitely not because they're somehow relevant.

Still using a flip here because it works and I don't care for it to be anything else but a phone because that's all I need it for.
Easier for me to carry too, I don't like the size of the new Smart phones or the price tag either - I'm not paying literally a thousand dollars or more only to also have to pay just to use it.
If I want to browse the web I'll do it on this machine.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

AITA if I tell other users their build plans are plain terrible?

Depends on how you do it IMO. "xxxx part is not great for the money, look at this part instead" seems to go a lot better than "Your build is shit. You overspent on this part, this part and these parts." 

Not saying you do that by any means, but I've seen some people do that.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Sometimes I care to explain and give a fair point of views but others I just barge into a thread, look how terrible the build is and just say that refusing to elaborate any further.

Depends on the users though, some value answers and can be reasoned with, others... well... they prefer NZXT cases because of the looks and Samsung SSDs just because of the "Pro" or "Evo" label.

Some of us (Like me) make it ourselves if we can because we can spec it the way we want, alot of the time it's just cheaper to do and so on.
If you've got the skills, means and the materials, why not?

This shows how well the little RAM cooler I made works, tested under fire and with the results I got, proves it actually works. I don't care about looks so much as the results I get when it's done.
Pic of the setup showing the little RAM cooler in use is in the sub.
Bones`s SuperPi - 32M score: 11min 51sec 703ms with a Phenom II X3 720 BE
Yes I am pleased with it so far. 🙂

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

AITA if I tell other users their build plans are plain terrible?

Like in the new builds & planning section? If done in a constructive and respectful manner it can be beneficial to scrutinise other build suggestions. Through multiple revisions everyone can work together to develop in to a better parts list. Though, most of the time arguments start over petty things. Don't be petty.

My recommendation is usually just to focus on giving your own recommendation and not trying to correct other people's suggestions.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@Spotty what is the dog in your pfp?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

@Spotty what is the dog in your pfp?

Idk it's something I found in a paint-by-numbers book and I just erased the numbers.

/s

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Looks... fun.

I've never been fond of LN2 cooling, I'm sure in the US liquid nitrogen is in every corner drug store, but in my country its a little hard to come by! 

Nope - Have to go to a supplier, the one mostly used here I'm aware of is Airgas which is a chain of stores for stuff related to industrial gasses and supplies like welding, torches and the like plus equipment too.

would i be a scalper if i bought a pc with a gpu and sold the gpu for scalper price and kept the pc?

-----------------

#

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yes.

the pc is scalped bc of the gpu tho.

-----------------

#

12 minutes ago, adarw said:

would i be a scalper if i bought a pc with a gpu and sold the gpu for scalper price and kept the pc?

image.png.4011d127475f3a577f2d93c01dace666.png

no

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

31 minutes ago, Benji said:

Where you got the graphics card from doesn't matter. You're selling it overpriced and buy it without actually wanting to use it? Scalping, period. And if it came flying down from Mars it wouldn't matter.

"My graphics card Came from Mars!" -2015 IMDB page

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

52 minutes ago, adarw said:

Yes.

Technically not terrible, just a bit... immoral. If you're buying it just for the purpose of making money that's not great but if you legitimately don't need the GPU and want some money back... that's less bad

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Technically not terrible, just a bit... immoral.

Selling something at prices that people are willing to pay for it is immortal? That's news to me honestly

Just now, Benji said:

People aren't willing to pay it, they're just not left with any other choice besides saying "no", which is not an option when you don't have another product available.

And it's not acceptable to sell non-exclusive, not strongly limited products way above MSRP, either.

i mean he pc im looking at has a 2080 ti which is now not that diffrent than the msrp.... 

-----------------

#

Just now, Benji said:

People aren't willing to pay it, they're just not left with any other choice besides saying "no", which is not an option when you don't have another product available.

1) no one is looking to not sell products, it's priced that way because it's the price where products are still moving

If no one was buying it they would have to lower prices, and vice versa

So yes, people are willing to pay for it, I paid for it

2) just don't buy anything? That's not a choice now? Everyone must have a GPU?

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

And it's not acceptable to sell non-exclusive, not strongly limited products way above MSRP, either

Why?

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Uhm, to my knowledge, computers don't run without one

iGPU? I'm still mad at AMD for not including one, because that's very useful in so many ways

Their APU feels cut down, which is a bummer

Also, no computer is an option for some people, or buy something low end of you truly need a GPU, Tommy doesn't need a 3060 for school.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Lack of exclusivity, period

Why would exclusivity make something morally correct to be sold at huge profit margin but everyday goods not? Barring necessity items of course (looking at you, nestle)

In my opinion, if I bought my 3060ti at $550, which I did, and two months later someone is buying it for $2000, which they were, would I be morally wrong to sell it at $2000? Or be stupid and sell it at $550? Or even $400 which is the MSRP

1 minute ago, Benji said:

since when is willingly ripping people off morally acceptable? So yes, in my opinion it would be.

Then that's where I'll leave it as is, I disagree and think that selling at market value is the smart choice to do, and if people are willing to pay for it then there's nothing wrong with it

After all, people have to be willing to pay for it to make it work, no one is forcing them.

Let's agree to disagree

41 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Selling something at prices that people are willing to pay for it is immortal? That's news to me honestly

Well I mean with the buying something just to sell it... that's the slight immoral part. 

I always start things I'm selling at the MSRP or price I bought it depending whichever is more appropriate, then let people bid it up. So like my RX 570 that sold for over $400. 

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Well I mean with the buying something just to sell it... that's the slight immoral part. 

... It sounds silly to even read this

I guess supermarkets and retail stores are all immoral

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

... It sounds silly to even read this

I guess supermarkets and retail stores are all immoral

Well, you know what I mean... as an individual person, not an organization that purchases stuff in bulk.

Plus once you sell the GPU what do you do with the rest of the PC? If it's got an IGPU, OK, but... why not just buy it, keep the GPU? 

1 hour ago, adarw said:

Yes.

Also MOTF scalpers on the fourm.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

What if I got a iphone 4 in decent condition for 10usd and sell it after I used it for a year for 150+USD.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

Well, you know what I mean... as an individual person, not an organization that purchases stuff in bulk.

So it's okay for organization to do "immoral" stuffs? I don't get your logic

I mean, I guess that's what governments are, ayyyyyy

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Plus once you sell the GPU what do you do with the rest of the PC? If it's got an IGPU, OK, but... why not just buy it, keep the GPU? 

Why do you care if I have spare parts laying around? Gonna say it's immoral because African kids could've eaten it or something?

3 minutes ago, sub68 said:

What if I got a iphone 4 in decent condition for 10usd and sell it after I used it for a year for 150+USD.

Fine. I was just saying that buying a PC for the sole purpose of making money from the GPU...