Mac OS X Tiger or leopard

Hi, I have an macbook pro 1,1 that currently needs an os. I have tried installing snow leopard onto it but I get an error message saying that it's not supported. Therefor I want to try tiger or snow leopard but I can't find an installer for them. Any ideas how I could get one? And yes I have tried googling it. Thanks

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Turn it on holding command and R and install the OS.

You can upgrade it to the latest it can run once you're in.

You don't need install media, Mac's can do it all themselves.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard only comes in a DVD installer. You can try finding installation discs online. Try eBay. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

I have tried installing snow leopard onto it but I get an error message saying that it's not supported.

You have to use 32 bit Snow Leopard.

Also, what is on it now?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You have to use 32 bit Snow Leopard.

Also, what is on it now?

At the moment it's got windows xp on lol. It's the only thing I could find that would install. 

5 minutes ago, userzero said:

Turn it on holding command and R and install the OS.

You can upgrade it to the latest it can run once you're in.

You don't need install media, Mac's can do it all themselves.

Doesn't work on macs before a certain date.. This is one of them unfortunately. 

Just now, fixitnow said:

At the moment it's got windows xp on lol. It's the only thing I could find that would install. 

Doesn't work on macs before a certain date.. This is one of them unfortunately. 

Ahh I see thanks.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

38 minutes ago, userzero said:

Ahh I see thanks.

My plan was to sell it anyway so it does't really matter it's just a nice to have. I must admit that I didn't think of that anyway. Thanks all the same! :) 

I would say on a Core Duo MBP, Leopard would be the best choice between the two, It can run up to 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage