reciever, amplifier and speakers for a 11.4 home theater setup

FeltyKat

i about to upgrade my home theater set up for the holiday as the whole family is coming and willing on spending some huge g's

go in store and speak with those salesman guys they have to know everything

well the sales men where live are complete idiots (some 3 years ago i called a computer shop and told i want a 650w power supply they asked if it was for the computer and said that 400w is only needed and another mis information they gave me was that power supply dose not have pcie connectors)

I just bought a Denon 4311CI and I'm quite happy with it, it is capable of driving 9 channels internally and 11 with the use of external amp, further more, the amp is assignable. You could also jump to the 4520CI, you gain a few newer features but if all you want is 11 channel then I'd save the money and go with 4311. I've been out of the game for a while but I do believe Marantz also has a receiver capable of 11ch.

As for amps, Emotiva offers great price/performance. I've been eying one myself for quite some time.

For speakers, if what you currently have are decent, why not save money and just buy more of the current brand/line. If not, go audition speakers at a local store.

For Subs go with 12" or larger SVS, HSU, Rythmik or eD.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

i about to upgrade my home theater set up for the holiday as the whole family is coming and willing on spending some huge g's

If you want advice on home theater components the best place to ask these questions are on the AVS forums. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If you want advice on home theater components the best place to ask these questions are on the AVS forums. 

thank you

I would go with a Marantz AV8801&mm8077 with a Goldenear Technology Triton two set/ supercenter XL. Any of their surround speakers will suffice. Hope this advice doesn't come too late. Don't listen to the Aussie. Your questions are welcome in the Hometheater section of the forum. 

My recommendation is 11.2 not .4 Preamp with separate power amps. If your dropping "huge G's" then use a Professional Audio Designer and Custom Home Theater installation company. I see some Marantz shoutouts they make a 11 channel preamp AV8801 or 8810? Having separate power amps will allow you to have components repaired or replaced without losing your whole system (short of the pre-amp failing). I'm a fan of Adcom GFA 2ch power amps used or new. There are several mod kits and services to make them sing like class A amps 3 times the money. Hope huge G's was like 5-10,000 minimum. What are you using now speaker/amp wise? Can you do a self install or did someone build your home theater? Is your system's picture in the gallery? If you need assistance I do this for a living. My 2 cents 11 channel surround is a waste of money i'd much rather take that budget and go 5-7 channel and get higher quality components. I always buy used or get freebies from customers but I also know how to build and repair equipment. Sherbourne/emotiva is blowing out equipment right now. Are you using Balanced Audio? Yamaha/Marantz order/buy at magnolia store options are going to be 5-6 grand for pre/power before speakers and the last 4 channels are going to be under 100watts a channel if that matters to you. Go used go 5-7.2. is your room larger than 40x40? You could spend that 6+ grand much more wisely in Dogecoin mining rigs and then buy a whole movie theater in your neighborhood :)

My recommendation is 11.2 not .4 Preamp with separate power amps. If your dropping "huge G's" then use a Professional Audio Designer and Custom Home Theater installation company. I see some Marantz shoutouts they make a 11 channel preamp AV8801 or 8810? Having separate power amps will allow you to have components repaired or replaced without losing your whole system (short of the pre-amp failing). I'm a fan of Adcom GFA 2ch power amps used or new. There are several mod kits and services to make them sing like class A amps 3 times the money. Hope huge G's was like 5-10,000 minimum. What are you using now speaker/amp wise? Can you do a self install or did someone build your home theater? Is your system's picture in the gallery? If you need assistance I do this for a living. My 2 cents 11 channel surround is a waste of money i'd much rather take that budget and go 5-7 channel and get higher quality components. I always buy used or get freebies from customers but I also know how to build and repair equipment. Sherbourne/emotiva is blowing out equipment right now. Are you using Balanced Audio? Yamaha/Marantz order/buy at magnolia store options are going to be 5-6 grand for pre/power before speakers and the last 4 channels are going to be under 100watts a channel if that matters to you. Go used go 5-7.2. is your room larger than 40x40? You could spend that 6+ grand much more wisely in Dogecoin mining rigs and then buy a whole movie theater in your neighborhood :)

whoops, found myself in way over my head (and budget) reading your post =P  Got curious, what did you say you do for a living? =)

Youll get some serious phase issues with 4 subs? buy 2 biggens and make life easy?

So, I just switched from a Mac...

Rig: CPU Intel 4820K 4.7Ghz 10mb cache Motherboard Asus Rampage Iv Extreme RAM 2X4Gb Kingston 2400Mhz GPU Saphire R9 290x Case Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Storage 180Gb Intel 530 SSD & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU Corsair 850W Enthusiast Series Cooling Corsair H80i Hydro Series  Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Sound Bose MusicMonitor

Ummmm 1st of all what is your definition of dropping huge G's? just ball park

2nd Why 11.4? lol almost nothing is even encoded in 7.1 yet. For me I would rather get 7 great speakers than 11 okay speakers.

Ummmm 1st of all what is your definition of dropping huge G's? just ball park

2nd Why 11.4? lol almost nothing is even encoded in 7.1 yet. For me I would rather get 7 great speakers than 11 okay speakers.

Why not have 11 great speakers each bi-amped using separate mono blocks? He said huge G's haha. Regardless, 5.1 is still today's standard however some bluray's are 7.1 encoded.

Here's an article about running multiple subs.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/subwoofers-4-2-or-1-0

I have 11.1 myself and I didn't cheap out on any of my speakers, but most of you guys are right about not going past 5.1/7.1 as not a lot of content goes to the added channels. However, it does offer a significant surround experience in certain intense scenes due to all the extra channels, especially because the front sound stage has greatly expanded with the addition of 'front height' and 'front wide'. I'm not saying it's something I would recommend to the average user looking to build a home theater, but if you have money and want to, why not?

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater