Buying used monitors from amazon warehouse

MatejNeumann

Hey everyone ! I was just wandering if any of you have any experience with buying used monitors (from amazon warehouse) or anywhere else. I saw a great deal and wanted to know what the risks are when buying a used monitor

2 minutes ago, MatejNeumann said:

Hey everyone ! I was just wandering if any of you have any experience with buying used monitors (from amazon warehouse) or anywhere else. I saw a great deal and wanted to know what the risks are when buying a used monitor

Ask m if they work 100% And if they can pack it safely. No risk.

Soon building: Shardedge

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

CASE Corsair Crystal 460x

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

I bought an ASUS PB278Q from Amazon Warehouse before. The description said it was in "good condition" or something of the sort. When it arrived, the stand arm was still attached and bent horribly, and the panel was dead when I tested it. Amazon paid the return shipping and gave me a 100% refund.

It's possible it was just a bad apple, but seeing how they marked it as being in "good" condition but was clearly only worthy of being thrown out, I wouldn't trust their judgement again.

On the bright side they'll pay for the return and give a full refund if the item doesn't match the description/is broken, so you could go for it just to see. At worst you'd have to return it and find another.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

4 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

When it arrived, the stand arm was still attached and bent horribly, and the panel was dead when I tested it. Amazon paid the return shipping and gave me a 100% refund.

Probaly a much higher chance of i being a error on fedex's side

My life

17 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Probaly a much higher chance of i being a error on fedex's side

No, the stand arm wasn't supposed to be attached to the monitor when in the box, and half the foam inside the monitor box was missing. Definitely was an Amazon Warehouse / previous buyer issue.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Thanks everyone i've decided that i'm going to try buying it . I've actually never bought anything from amazon before

2 minutes ago, MatejNeumann said:

Thanks everyone i've decided that i'm going to try buying it . I've actually never bought anything from amazon before

Amazon generally is very good, though some of the sellers can be questionable. I always try to find stuff that's sold or fulfilled by Amazon, that way I not only get 2 day free shipping (Prime), but returns are very easy too.