Can't span files across multiple discs usign CDBurnerXP

djdelarosa25

I have a folder that's about 13.3 GB large that I want to burn to multiple DVDs. Unfortunately, CDBurnerXP won't let me do that, as one file inside of the folder is larger than a whole disc. Is there any software that would allow me to accomplish what I want?

I have not heard of any way to do this because you'd have to rip the program apart then recombine it. I'm positive software exists to do this but I don't know of any. You're probably better off installing compression software (WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc.) and compressing the file as tightly as possible to see if that will fit.

12 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

I have a folder that's about 13.3 GB large that I want to burn to multiple DVDs. Unfortunately, CDBurnerXP won't let me do that, as one file inside of the folder is larger than a whole disc. Is there any software that would allow me to accomplish what I want?

compress the whole folder with winrar or 7zip and set it to separate all the archives in files smaller than the maximum of your disc. 

I already tried using 7Zip to compress it with the compression level set to "Ultra", however, the file size is still the same. Wtf

8 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

I already tried using 7Zip to compress it with the compression level set to "Ultra", however, the file size is still the same. Wtf

Just compressing it will not work, you have to use the "Split to Volumes" archives as well. This will separate the folder into smaller individual files which you can put on separate discs. 

e448k6X.png