So you want to buy a Dell R710?

In life there are those that learn best from mistakes others make. Then there are those that make mistakes even though they're trying to learn from other people's mistakes. Well I hope others can learn from my mistakes. I got caught up in one of those "no turning back now" sort of deals. I knew what I wanted but apparently didn't have a clue. Here are just a few things that tripped me up while buying a Dell R710. Feel free to chime in on other fun facts or tid-bits of information that would make it easier for people to put together their own Dell R710 server.

Fun fact #1: Types of chassis

There are 2 types of chassis you'll find for the Dell R710.

The 6 bay chassis can house up to six 3.5" and looks like this...

5abc6f17723a6_6bay.PNG.df56f488ec28a2dc0216e56c97423e2e.PNG

The 8 bay SFF chassis can house up to eight 2.5" and looks like this...

5abc6f17a422d_8bay.PNG.d29adeede161d8c72af64516e2d26252.PNG

It has been my experience that the 6 bay chassis is generally more expensive. Also it has been in my experience that most Ebay listings won't have all of the drive caddys. This is either because they simply don't include them with intent to sell them separate (typically more likely if you don't get any drive caddys or blank covers) or possibly because the server was not configured that way when the reseller got it (typically more likely if you get 1 or 2 caddys and the rest of the bays have blanks. Either way you can easily find these caddys on ebay for under $20 each for OEM or in most cases about $40 for an entire set of non branded units.

Fun fact #2: There are TWO generation of motherboard!

• Generation 1 motherboards only support up to a 95 watt CPU. You can NOT run a 130 watt CPU in the board. If you install a 130 watt CPU it will give you a system halt message of "this cpu power rating is not supported" and you will not be able to progress further. The part number is found on a small white sticker under the fan tray.  Gen 1 boards CAN run up to a 95 watt X5600 series processor as long as you update the bios (link http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r710_user's guide6_en-us.pdf). Part numbers for the Gen 1 board include YDJK3, N047H, 7THW3, VWN1R and 0W9X3
  • Generation 2 motherboards will support the 130 watt CPU. Part numbers for the Gen 2 board include XDX06, 0NH4P and YMXG9.

The trick is finding out which motherboard a server has BEFORE you buy it... It isn't always as simple as having the little roman numeral II on the front of the chassis due to the ease at which a motherboard can be swapped...especially if you buy a server from one of the refurbishing businesses on ebay. So if it matters to you, ASK for the part number and make sure they say it is a gen II board especially if you're planning on running a 130 watt CPU. Check their feedback and return policy also.

Fun fact #3: There are TWO versions of PSU

There is the 570 watt PSU and an 870 watt PSU. The PSU have firmware and the server is intelligent enough to tell which ones are installed. The server will also be able to determine if the hardware you are running will exceed the rating of the power supply units installed. 870 watt PSUs are still cheap (around $20 each) so if you are planning on filling the HDD bays, running all the ram DIMMs, and high watt CPUs then it isn't a bad idea to pick the 870 watt model.

Fun fact #4: There are TWO versions of CPU heatsinks

The one you'll find in just about ever R710 is the humble part number TY129. It is an aluminum heatsink that even according to Dell will work on just about all processors.

heatsink1.PNG.f5775cafe6bc01d7ce4d619afb0d684b.PNG

But there is a unicorn of heatsinks too! Legend has it that this heatsink was used on the mysterious Xeon X5698...a processor you won't find on arc.intel.com sounds like a fairy tail or something but apparently a 4.4GHz Westemere CPU actually exists! Here is a photo of the strange copper beauty that covers the beast.

heatsink2.PNG.3fdd2c765e3efc585405d036bc051bdf.PNG

If you have a 130 watt CPU do you need that heatsink? Not according to Dell (Link 4th "note" down only says R610 and M710 not the R710 http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r710_user's guide6_en-us.pdf).

Fun fact #5: Dell still has information and drivers on their website.

Link http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/poweredge-r710/research

I highly suggest you spend some time getting to know your server... it is a great tool to help you with getting the drivers you need, help you with an upgrade path, or any other general information about it.

Fun fact #6: Dell RAID controller capacity gotcha

The Dell Perc 6 and Perc 6i RAID controllers do not support disks greater than 2TB! Also mentioned controllers will not take advantage of 6Gb SATA and (though I haven't confirmed this) won't work with SSDs. 

According to what I've read, the H700 card will support up to 3TB disks, 6Gb SATA and will work with SSDs. But for the price of some of these things on Ebay you can get yourself an LSI controller with better features and more universal support... So if you want to run large disks on your new to you Dell...you will need to get a different RAID card...and if you have the Perc cards you'll need some new SAS cables too...

Fun fact #7: A lot of re-sellers of Dell R710,610,410,etc specify it includes iDrac but won't have the dedicated iDrac port.

For some reason Dell decided the iDrac remote management needed 2 daughter cards. One activates the option, the other is literally a daughter board with the RJ45 dedicated port you find on most youtube tutorials. If you do not have that port you end up using one of the four onboard NIC ports instead. Though that little card can be found on Ebay for about 7 dollars US if you want it...just don't count on those listings including the vFlash card.

I hope some of this will help even one person to save them the headache I went through. Do not assume ANYTHING is compatible. I didn't discover fun fact 2 until I had X5680 CPUs in the R710 I bought and I'm staring at the "this cpu power rating is not supported" message blinking away on my screen. I screwed myself because I did not research if an X5680 would work with any old R710...I assumed. So off to Ebay I went again to find a Gen 2 board. Which is often easier said than done. Even when you do find a listing, they want as much for a stripped mobo as a-whole-nother server! Another server...another...about that...remember how I said it's hard to tell what generation board an Ebay listing will have? Yeah I bought another entire server that listed as a Gen 2 compatible with X5600 CPUs but was sent another Gen 1 board instead...hence the other part of fun fact 2. Luckily the seller took the server back and I was able to get my gen 2 server but the SFF model...After checking the listing again the "Gen 2" disappeared from the title and description...go figure.

Had I to do this all over again I would not have bothered with the X5680's and gone with a lower watt 6 core Xeon with the gen 1 board and updated the bios to support it... Actually if I had to do it over again I wouldn't have bothered at all... it was because I bought a server with the intent to upgrade it and sunk $160 in X5680 CPUs that I continued and pushed ahead. I justified the purchase of the second server instead of just the board because it gave me another 24GB RAM and an arse load of spare parts...but in reality I now I have exactly the R710 I wanted when I started...and another server I kinda don't want....and an IBM boat anchor from the flintstone era I paid way too much for and don't know what to do with. But that's another story...I need a drink now...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

I got an R710 for less than $70. A single $70 payment off Craigslist got me 3 Optiplexes, 9 HP thin clients with 16gb SSDs and 4GB DDR3-SO-DIMMs, I got 7 Dell 1280x1024 monitors, and an R210 from that as well.

The R710 is not an impressive machine by any standard, the R910 is much better. Mine came with 32gb PC3-8500E and two Xeon E5530s - even my 4790K outperformed those at stock speeds. Socket 1366 is dying just as quickly as 775 is - 1156 is the new 775 as well as 1366. 

tl;dr if you have the money don't get an R710

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

18 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:
  • Part numbers for the Gen 1 board include YDJK3, N047H, 7THW3, VWN1R and 0W9X3
  • Part numbers for the Gen 2 board include YDJK3, N047H, 7THW3, VWN1R and 0W9X3

Your part numbers are the same for both generations.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

1 minute ago, brwainer said:

Your part numbers are the same for both generations.

FIxed it. Thank you

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

I got an R710 for less than $70. A single $70 payment off Craigslist got me 3 Optiplexes, 9 HP thin clients with 16gb SSDs and 4GB DDR3-SO-DIMMs, I got 7 Dell 1280x1024 monitors, and an R210 from that as well.

The R710 is not an impressive machine by any standard, the R910 is much better. Mine came with 32gb PC3-8500E and two Xeon E5530s - even my 4790K outperformed those at stock speeds. Socket 1366 is dying just as quickly as 775 is - 1156 is the new 775 as well as 1366. 

tl;dr if you have the money don't get an R710

I'm happy for you to find such great deals on Craigslist. But that isn't what this topic is about. For people messing around at home it is hard to justify dropping $1500 on a bare bones 2011 socket server so the LGA1366 is still fine for that. Also I have to completely disagree about the R910 being better in any way. It is big, heavy, and everything about it is more expensive.But again that isn't what this topic is about.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Razor02097 said:

I'm happy for you to find such great deals on Craigslist. But that isn't what this topic is about. For people messing around at home it is hard to justify dropping $1500 on a bare bones 2011 socket server so the LGA1366 is still fine for that. Also I have to completely disagree about the R910 being better in any way. It is big, heavy, and everything about it is more expensive.But again that isn't what this topic is about.

You can disagree all you like. But the R710 is not a very good rack server. It's louder than most,the motherboard was very poor quality, the iDRAC compatibility was slim, the proprietary drive mounts were annoying, memory config with UDIMMs was limited to 8 sticks, and the power supplies pre-2nd gen had huge voltage problems. As a matter of fact most of the R710s out there are 2nd gen as they fixed a lot of stuff including the fan sensor issue, but RAM problems were just as rampant in Gen2 as they were in Gen 1.

It sounds to me like you did almost no research into the R710s.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

54 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

You can disagree all you like. But the R710 is not a very good rack server. It's louder than most,the motherboard was very poor quality, the iDRAC compatibility was slim, the proprietary drive mounts were annoying, memory config with UDIMMs was limited to 8 sticks, and the power supplies pre-2nd gen had huge voltage problems. As a matter of fact most of the R710s out there are 2nd gen as they fixed a lot of stuff including the fan sensor issue, but RAM problems were just as rampant in Gen2 as they were in Gen 1.

It sounds to me like you did almost no research into the R710s.

Gee you think??? No I did not research before I bought it. It took you this long to figure that out? While I respect that you have an opinion, I do not appreciate you trying to dump all over me with it.

• The fans are actually not that loud. 
  • I have tried to find a source for your claim of motherboard quality issues but came up empty.
  • iDrac on this is more than adequate for my purpose.
  • I find it hilarious you complain about the drive mounts when your R910 has the same caddy design.
  • Actually you're wrong, you can have up to 24GB of 1 or 2 GB sticks of UDIMM but I don't know why someone would want to run UDIMM RAM in server this old anyway. Not like you'll see that much of a performance boost to justify it.
  • It's actually harder to find those early power supplies than you think. Maybe they've all died.
  • I've found a whole 1 topic on the internet mentioning a fan sensor problem.

It's obvious you can't read because I've admitted that I did not know going into the project what I was doing. I also said I would not have bothered if I had a do over. Since you have nothing of value to add to this thread, if you'd be so kind as to kick rocks it would be much appreciated.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

I recently took an old R710 apart and got rid of it. I was planning to buy one myself for at home, but they're still kinda expensive. For the same money, I can buy better hardware, a smaller case and MUCH more quiet for my home environment.

If you can find one for cheap, go for it. Load it up with RAM and some drives and u got yourself a beast of a server. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

15 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

I do not appreciate you trying to dump all over me with it.

Something I'm not doing.

15 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

I have tried to find a source for your claim of motherboard quality issues but came up empty.

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/R710-Memory-Upgrade-problems/td-p/5137625

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/PowerEdge-R710-the-problem-with-RAM/td-p/3873859

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Poweredge-R710-Memory-Failure/td-p/4685345

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/PowerEdge-R710-E2011-memory-configuration-error/td-p/4520184

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/R710-error-while-booting-pcie-training-error-integrated-RAID/td-p/4590953

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Fan-problems-with-r710-quot-Fan-1-RPM-is-operating-less-than-the/td-p/5187227

17 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

I find it hilarious you complain about the drive mounts when your R910 has the same caddy design.

I complain about this every time I pull drives for an upgrade :)

17 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

Actually you're wrong, you can have up to 24GB of 1 or 2 GB sticks of UDIMM but I don't know why someone would want to run UDIMM RAM in server this old anyway. Not like you'll see that much of a performance boost to justify it.

Only 8 sticks of larger memory. Who the hell would use 1 or 2GB sticks in a dual socket server? That defeats the point of having dual Xeons like that. The reason you'd have a server like this is for very high RAM capacities for website hosting or other RAM intensive tasks such as VMs.

19 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

It's actually harder to find those early power supplies than you think. Maybe they've all died.

I have two 870W spare power supplies for the R710. I'll sell them to you.

20 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

I've found a whole 1 topic on the internet mentioning a fan sensor problem.

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Fan-problems-with-r710-quot-Fan-1-RPM-is-operating-less-than-the/td-p/5187227

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/R710-2nd-PERC-causes-high-fan-rpm/td-p/5029955

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/R710-Fan-speed-constantly-higher-wtih-H710p-raid-card-installed/td-p/4669791

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Fans-Problem/td-p/3826270

https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/PowerEdge-R710-fans-High-RPM-Odd-behavior/td-p/4258988

Not looking hard enough. Just like when researching the original post.

13 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

I recently took an old R710 apart and got rid of it. I was planning to buy one myself for at home, but they're still kinda expensive. For the same money, I can buy better hardware, a smaller case and MUCH more quiet for my home environment.

That's my point. The R710 is not worth it.

A lot of worthless links bruh. I've seen several of those topics before while I was researching your claims. Discarding the defective RAM, outdated drivers, and incompatible hardware people tried to install resolutions I am back to that one post about the fan error remaining unanswered from 2017.

If I wanted to discuss if the R710 is worth buying I would have named the topic "Is Dell R710 worth buying?"

But I didn't.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Razor02097 said:

A lot of worthless links bruh. I've seen several of those topics before while I was researching your claims. Discarding the defective RAM, outdated drivers, and incompatible hardware people tried to install resolutions I am back to that one post about the fan error remaining unanswered from 2017.

If I wanted to discuss if the R710 is worth buying I would have named the topic "Is Dell R710 worth buying?"

But I didn't.

You implied it was with your title. "So you want to buy a PowerEdge R710"?

4 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

1156 is the new 775 as well as 1366. 

Not if you actually require a dual socket system/good number of PCIe lanes. LGA2011 is coming down in price to be worth considering, just need to really hunt for good deals for now or drop down to single socket E3 if you really don't actually need E5, however LGA1366 is still fine.

4 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

memory config with UDIMMs was limited to 8 sticks

These memory configuration requirements are across all vendors, it's the memory controller in the CPU that dictates these. The 5500 and 5600 series have different memory support and that is where a lot of people get tripped up. Also as commented already, UDIMMs in a dual socket server why?

I have 12 x 8 (96GB) in a LGA1366 L5630 system right now and I could move those CPUs and ram in to an R710 and it will work just fine.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Not if you actually require a dual socket system/good number of PCIe lanes. LGA2011 is coming down in price to be worth considering, just need to really hunt for good deals for now or drop down to single socket E3 if you really don't actually need E5, however LGA1366 is still fine.

LGA 775/771 PCIe lanes are managed entirely by the chipset with X38 and X48 having the most. LGA 771 can theoretically handle quad socket but Intel never made that advancement. The tech was there, Intel was not.

I have an E3 1290 v2 in a rig somewhere. Only has 20 lanes but the x77 chipsets have 8 lanes on their own.

2011 is definitely on its way down, it's at where Ivy Bridge was a couple years ago in terms of depreciation percentage. I'm waiting for the 4790K to drop below $200-$300 before delidding mine, I got it to 5.2Ghz but temps are shit.

Quick thing since I'm replying to a moderator, how do I disable smileys?

13 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

Quick thing since I'm replying to a moderator, how do I disable smileys?

Not sure if you can, probably is a way but never tried.

14 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

LGA 775/771 PCIe lanes are managed entirely by the chipset with X38 and X48 having the most. LGA 771 can theoretically handle quad socket but Intel never made that advancement. The tech was there, Intel was not.

I have an E3 1290 v2 in a rig somewhere. Only has 20 lanes but the x77 chipsets have 8 lanes on their own.

LGA771 is definitely too old, wouldn't touch those now even if I was given one for free.

For me I need much more lanes than the entry level Xeons offer. I have multiple SAS cards and 10Gb NICs so there isn't really a server motherboard with the PCIe slot configuration and lane allocation that would work, always end up with at least one card in a slot that is disabled due to another slot that is in use, stuff like that.

Plus I run a lot of VMs so need the extra cores anyway.

25 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

LGA 771 can theoretically handle quad socket but Intel never made that advancement. The tech was there, Intel was not.

Intel had quad socket systems for that generation, just on a different socket (PGA604). 7400 series Xeons, Dunnington code name.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

PGA604)

I'm talking about Wolfdale, Yorkfield, etc. The uArch was triple and quad socket capable, but Intel never made that advancement due to 1366 plans. 

And IIRC, the S604 Xeons sucked, barely matching the single core Pentiums of early S775.

14 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

I'm talking about Wolfdale, Yorkfield, etc. The uArch was triple and quad socket capable, but Intel never made that advancement due to 1366 plans. 

Well then it's Tigerton (7300), same PGA604 socket, even worse. Intel quad socket systems always lag the DP systems in socket they use. Tigerton was Intel's first quad socket platform of that architecture generation, massive flop.

Edit:

Fixed miss-statement, wasn't there first quad socket system just of that architecture generation.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well then it's Tigerton (7300), same PGA604 socket, even worse. Intel quad socket systems always lag the DP systems in socket they use. Tigerton was Intel's first quad socket platform, massive flop.

I'm not surprised. Even dual socket 775 kinda sucked because of interprocessor communication problems. The Mac Pros had this the worst cause Apple had literally just made their agreement with Intel.

21 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

I'm not surprised. Even dual socket 775 kinda sucked because of interprocessor communication problems. The Mac Pros had this the worst cause Apple had literally just made their agreement with Intel.

The Mac Pros were socket 771 though. The 2006, 2007 and 2008 models all were 771. The 2006 models used Xeon 5100 series (woodcrest), the 2007 used 5300 serie (clovertown) and the 2008 used the 5400 series (harpertown, penryn based).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

35 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The Mac Pros were socket 771 though

that's what I meant, sorry. The whole 771 to 775 mod just made everything of that generation a conglomerate.

I have 3 of these they work for what I need them to do! Boght them off ebay so they were referbish but they worked!

7 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

You implied it was with your title. "So you want to buy a PowerEdge R710"?

Its statements like this that discredit your opinion. Well that and saying to people to buy a 4u 4 cpu R910 for 3-4 times the price instead.

I made this topic discussing lessons learned, things to watch out for, and things to keep in mind if you're considering this model of server. It isnt a buyer's guide. It isn't a review. Ill leave that to the experts. There is a difference.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

Its statements like this that discredit your opinion. Well that and saying to people to buy a 4u 4 cpu R910 for 3-4 times the price instead.

I made this topic discussing lessons learned, things to watch out for, and things to keep in mind if you're considering this model of server. It isnt a buyer's guide. It isn't a review. Ill leave that to the experts. There is a difference.

then what the hell is it? a fuckin warning label? Print that shit out and mail it.

4 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

The Mac Pros were socket 771 though. The 2006, 2007 and 2008 models all were 771. The 2006 models used Xeon 5100 series (woodcrest), the 2007 used 5300 serie (clovertown) and the 2008 used the 5400 series (harpertown, penryn based).

bump just because I like mac pros lol I have an early 2008 

Spoiler

My main desktop, "Rufus":

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengence DDR4 Red LED @ 3066mt/s

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: XFX RX 580 GTR XXX White 

Storage: Mushkin ECO3 256GB SATA3 SSD + Some hitachi thing

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

Retro machine:

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

CPU Cooler: Stock heatsink

RAM: GSkill 4gb DDR2 1066mt/s

Motherboard: Asus P5n-e SLI

GPU: 8800 GTS 640mb, I swap between that and my 8800 GTS 512mb

Storage: Seagate 320gb right from 2006

PSU: Ultra 600W 

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

OS: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Manjaro Deepin x64 (sorta)

Mac Pro Early 2008: Dual Xeon X5482s w/ 32GB RAM & HD 5770 running macOS High Sierra

More PC's

2 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

then what the hell is it? a fuckin warning label? Print that shit out and mail it.

Are you high? What does that even mean? And why are you taking this topic so personally? Did an R710 violate you in the closet or something?

You sound like a disgruntled Dell employee.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Razor02097 said:

Are you high? What does that even mean? And why are you taking this topic so personally? Did an R710 violate you in the closet or something?

You sound like a disgruntled Dell employee.

I used to work for Dell. I still have my complimentary genuine leather laptop messenger bag they give you when you get hired.