Samsung 840 Pro not detected

pcracer

So my Samsung 840 Pro just arrived, I installed the drive and the drivers. The drivers detect the ssd but windows doesn't, so when I go into the computer folder it only shows my other drive. How can I get windows to detect it?

You don't need drivers for SSD. What you install is just some silly program. I think for Samsung drive, you can use it to update the firmware if any one comes.. but it's not often. Sometimes firmware update can format your SSD. Once updated, you can remove the software.

All you need is your SATA controller set AHCI mode in the BIOS/UEFI.

Your SSD is being detected by Windows actually :).

But because it has no format or information, Windows can't give you access to anything about it, and therefor doesn't bother to show it to you in My Computer. You just need to format it. To do this, simply open the Disk Management utility in Windows. You'll see your SSD on it. Format it to NTFS and you are good to go! It will show in My Computer after, and you are ready to start your party :)

You don't need drivers for SSD. What you install is just some silly program. I think for Samsung drive, you can use it to update the firmware if any one comes.. but it's not often. Sometimes firmware update can format your SSD. Once updated, you can remove the software.

All you need is your SATA controller set AHCI mode in the BIOS/UEFI.

Your SSD is being detected by Windows actually :).

But because it has no format or information, Windows can't give you access to anything about it, and therefor doesn't bother to show it to you in My Computer. You just need to format it. To do this, simply open the Disk Management utility in Windows. You'll see your SSD on it. Format it to NTFS and you are good to go! It will show in My Computer after, and you are ready to start your party :)

Thank you so much for your help, you're amazing I never would have figured it out on my own.