Enermax TR4 360mm AIO High temps/problem

Hey all.

So I've had this Enermax Liqtech TR4 360mm AIO for quite awhile now. 

I've always been suspicious about it since they light on the block itself wasn't completely lit up (while seeing other people's blocks actually light up fully).

I didn't mind this as it was just a minor thing. But I started noticing other people had lower temperatures, by quite a lot.

I do not have much experience with AIO coolers. But when I feel the air coming out of my radiator, it seems like only about 1/3rd of the radiator is blowing warm air.

The other 2/3 of the radiator doesn't feel warm at all. I don't know if this is normal or not, that's why I am asking you guys for help here. 

My temps @3.7GHz:

Idle (5-10% usage according to task manager): 55-58 C

Load: 80-92 when running the cpu test of 3DMark.

I find these temperatures quite a bit higher than what I see everywhere else.

So I'd like to know if my cooler is the problem or something else.

Thanks in advance!

did you confirm the temps with the amd master utility software or are you going by the mobo? also what mobo are you using there could be an offset.

1 minute ago, linustouchtips said:

did you confirm the temps with the amd master utility software or are you going by the mobo? also what mobo are you using there could be an offset.

AMD Ryzen Master and the small motherboard screen on the motherboard itself. I have ran benchmarks before and it has been on for awhile. But it just doesn't seem to drop below 55 C anymore at all. Even when not doing anything for awhile. I'm using the Asus Zenith Extreme mobo.

19 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

which bios is it currently on found this on the support site.

image.png.dab25ecf6644fa3fdaadd0113b8a2c84.png

I have version 0902. I've also come across a few other problems when going into my bios and leaving after that. When I save the changes and reset it's (90% of the time) either stuck on Code 15: Detect Memory or shows a black screen but it says it's in the bios menu. So I don't know what's exactly going on here.

2 minutes ago, Blackoutjazz said:

I have version 0902. I've also come across a few other problems when going into my bios and leaving after that. When I save the changes and reset it's (90% of the time) either stuck on Code 15: Detect Memory or shows a black screen but it says it's in the bios menu. So I don't know what's exactly going on here.

image.png.dcbae2b6f033d34e9defbb47d11aebad.png

Yup Asrock really kind of messed things up too with my temps by going Tctl I usually have to rely on other software like amd master utility for better results.

I'll double check my system tonight post a ss of my normal idle temps and load they are about 50s-70s doesn't go below that and im OC'd a little of 4 ghz

Now that i think about it those sound normal but then again im not really sure what Asus is using for temp source.

• 1 month later...

I have the the same problem:

Sys: 1950x @ 3.8 GHz on ASUS X399 Prime A in a 4U server environment

What happens is that the Enermax cooler works perfectly (c.p. - same configuration) and after a few weeks it *seems* like some of the fins or parts of the radiator get blocked or something. Temps will then reach 85°C under load and be around 60°C at idle. The same system was at 65°C under load and a litle over 40°C idle when the cooler was first set up a few weeks ago. I've had this happen twice now, i.e. I've already returned the same model (Enermax LiqTech TR4 240) and bought the same model again to test wether I just got a bad sample of if this is a different problem. Same phenomenon. This suggests that it either has to do with the physical setup (e.g. position or orientation of the cooler) or with the product line / batch. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Same problem here too. So Annoying!!

1950x (stock speeds) on an ASRock Taichi X399 (latest BIOS).

Getting idle of 48°C to 55°C and load up to 68°C (reading temps with HWMonitor and load testing with Prime95 and Cinebench). I can't get it to read anything above 68°C, but as this is AMDs max safe operating temp, I assume the chip is throttling at this point.

I've tried reseating the pump (with adding thermal paste), setting up fans in push, pull and push/pull with another 3 120mm. Pulling the front panel off the NZXT H700i doesn't help either.

I just contacted Enermax about it. Will let you know their response.

Just saw this thread as well which suggests checking for faulty pump: 

• 2 weeks later...

Enermax LIQTECH TR4 360 worked for 4 months. The temperature all grew and grew... My AMD 1950X is 50-55 degrees in idle time. Yesterday I disassembled my AIO cooler and here's the result... 
Now i already washed the entire circuit and filled a new liquid without dye. Now the temperature has become adequate. But I do not know how long this will last. There is a trace of corrosion on the water block and this is very bad.

Support my Twitter post! It is necessary that everyone knows that this is garbage.

DrCbYEQRMu8.jpgVioMb9TmI5M.jpgDNokkG92554.jpg

bE70sj4Z03g.jpgyrqud3fRRUc.jpgjLjaXSqc_Pk.jpgCTY92M-vd90.jpg

I can add some new insights to the phenomenon, too:

After I repositioned my cooler, temps were normal again for about a week. Of course I thought it must have been some weird positioning issue with air bubbles getting stuck in some weird places and blocking heat dissipation. However, when temps rose again and shut doiwn my system, because it was getting too hot under load, I began trying to reposition it again and this time it didn't work. I found out later that if I smack the side of the radiator where the tubes go in and out hard, the heat on this side dissipates, the other end of the radiator gets much warmer for about 10 seconds and temparatures start to drop. Sometimes the effect lasts longer, however, it's never permanent. It seems to me, too, that there must be some kind of corrosion going on inside that blocks the water transport by blocking the fins or something like that.

How is this possible and how come I was affected twice in a row with 2 different Liqtec 240s? If this is not a larger issue regarding the product, my receiving two bad AIOs in a row is highly unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 9:12 PM, zasyadko said:

Enermax LIQTECH TR4 360 worked for 4 months. The temperature all grew and grew... My AMD 1950X is 50-55 degrees in idle time. Yesterday I disassembled my AIO cooler and here's the result... 
Now i already washed the entire circuit and filled a new liquid without dye. Now the temperature has become adequate. But I do not know how long this will last. There is a trace of corrosion on the water block and this is very bad.

Support my Twitter post! It is necessary that everyone knows that this is garbage.

DrCbYEQRMu8.jpgVioMb9TmI5M.jpgDNokkG92554.jpg

bE70sj4Z03g.jpgyrqud3fRRUc.jpgjLjaXSqc_Pk.jpgCTY92M-vd90.jpg

My friend and I are having the same problems with the cooler. Has the problem come back at all for you? Could you possibly explain you process for disassembly and cleaning of your cooler? Thanks for any help.

Figured I should reply that I did take mine apart and it had the same corrosion that zasyadko reported. I cleaned mine and it is now idling 20-30 degrees cooler. I replaced it with fluid that has anti-corrosion additives so I hope the problem doesn't persist. I used Gamers Nexus youtube videos to take it apart, it was actually really easy.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:34 AM, VegetableStu said:

while the post's here: anyone tried untubing the thing? thinking to change the radiator to a copper one

But I have never removed the tubing.

Edit: I have added pictures. Notice that after I cleaned it there were divots left by the corrosion.

20180618_193127.jpg

20180618_193210.jpg

20180618_202619.jpg

20180618_202633.jpg

Edited by jubjub64
Added pictures

• 4 months later...

I had exact same problem. Images are included.
Solution is:
a) Clean cooler block and all parts from rust and dirt.
b) Get rid of original yellow liquid - it contains water. Clean well whole Enermax system either with air compressor or water from bathroom hose.
c) Put standard G12 red antifreeze instead - without water (this is tricky because you need to fill whole system - pipes and block and cooler) and to avoid air holes. I used suringe for that boring job.

Explanation:
1. Water is THE best coolant. However it conducts electricity and that's the reason of dirt (bimetal corrosion). Algae or microorganisms can develop inside water.
2. With pure G12 red antifreeze there is no electrical conduction, and no algae or microorganisms can develop inside.
3. CPU temeperature with G12 may be max 1-2 degrees higher than water (eg: 62C vs 60C - on lower temperatures is 1 degree) - however G12 has less pressure on tubes regarding high temeperatures than water.
4. G12 + water is better on very low temperatures (less than -10C) but water is problem (see 1). I hope you will not have less than -10C in your room.
(Pure G12 sustains temps at about minimum -10C to -12C, but mixed 50/50 with water can sustain less than -35C. But, as I said water is big problem!)
5. With original yellow coolant water pump max rpm was 3000. Now it's 2500 because G12 has higher density than yellow coolant mix (viscosity).

Before cleaning my CPU temp was about 40-45C - normal work. Reason for that was dirt inside block.
After cleaning and replacing original liquid with G12 temperature is between 30C and 36C.

I hope someone will find this helpful...

Further reading on net: Driver's experiencis with pure G12, Fluid Viscosity, Bimetal Corrosion and conductivity.

IMG_20180817_165259.jpg

IMG_20180817_165309.jpg

IMG_20180817_165320.jpg

IMG_20180817_165405.jpg

IMG_20180817_165804.jpg

IMG_20180817_165811.jpg

IMG_20180817_170628.jpg

IMG_20180817_170714.jpg

IMG_20180817_170725.jpg

IMG_20180817_170735.jpg

IMG_20180817_170825.jpg

IMG_20180817_170928.jpg

IMG_20180817_171504.jpg

IMG_20180817_175412.jpg

• 2 months later...

Pulling my hair out with this damn cooler. I have the version 1 and was getting high temps. Contacted enermax and got an RMA but this was useless as this is a production box and it would likely takes weeks to get a replacement. I ordered up another cooler, this time version 2. Its been running for about 3 weeks now and am back to 60 degree cpu temps and racing fans. What the hell do I do. Has anybody confirmed if the corrosion issues exist on the version 2? I am going to take my other one apart and see if there is corrosion in that one.

• 2 months later...

So from what i'm getting from this forum is:
(if you get the second generation liqtech tr4)
- Change the coolant with one that has anti corrosion and change the radiator with a copper radiator. 

Does anyone have any updates about the second generation models? has it been working well? or the issues still plagues the cooler? 

same i would like to know myself. seeing i just got one.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

• 4 weeks later...

About 5 months ago I got a version 2 as a replacement for my version 1, which I'd had for about 11 months until it couldn't cool my CPU sufficiently and the overheating protection had to shut my machine down.

I found various forums with people complaining about the heat levels and the corrosion issues of the v1, even so, I took a punt on the v2, as it was a really good cooler when it was new and I thought Enermax would have fixed the issues.

Unfortunately, my v2 has been exhibiting the same problems as my v1, although the temperature hasn't gone high enough to shut my machine down just yet, I suspect it's only a matter of time before it does. It's been idling at 55°C and jumps to 65-72°C when the CPU has something to do, it's not overclocked either btw.
I recently requested a refund and am now looking for a suitable replacement. The only other full coverage water cooler I have found is the Coolermaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB TR4 AIO Cooler, but I have read of issues with the mobo bracket bending or even snapping.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just joined to share this...58224669375__C8C9DE1C-FBEA-404B-80A1-EA6C87395C09.thumb.JPG.553103ea01eb0aaf9da2e95ffa0514e4.JPG

Same exact problem with corrosion in the cooler, got it less than a year ago on newegg. I should have known as two of the three fans on the radiator went out within the first 3 months of use. My cpu hit 88c and shut down... I found this thread and pulled the water block apart to find this. Total Junk!!

• 7 months later...
On 3/26/2018 at 9:26 PM, Blackoutjazz said:

Hey all.

So I've had this Enermax Liqtech TR4 360mm AIO for quite awhile now. 

I've always been suspicious about it since they light on the block itself wasn't completely lit up (while seeing other people's blocks actually light up fully).

I didn't mind this as it was just a minor thing. But I started noticing other people had lower temperatures, by quite a lot.

I do not have much experience with AIO coolers. But when I feel the air coming out of my radiator, it seems like only about 1/3rd of the radiator is blowing warm air.

The other 2/3 of the radiator doesn't feel warm at all. I don't know if this is normal or not, that's why I am asking you guys for help here. 

My temps @3.7GHz:

Idle (5-10% usage according to task manager): 55-58 C

Load: 80-92 when running the cpu test of 3DMark.

I find these temperatures quite a bit higher than what I see everywhere else.

So I'd like to know if my cooler is the problem or something else.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem as you can see from the pictures.

I noticed , just as you that the light on the block is not completely lit up. I checked through the BIOS that the pump rmp moves at the 2700-2800 range, which is the normal value that Enermax stating as well.

After digging around i found out that there seems to be a "fix" for that, or more like a "maintenance" thing.

Complete guide how to do it is here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC1kzO_gIp4

idle.PNG

load.PNG