Soundbar for Desk (PC)

tygi

Hi there

I am looking for a reasonable Soundbar to put on my desk. I found the Samsung All-in-One solutions to be great but their problem is the size → they are made for TV usage.

You would help me if you can share some ideas on soundbar-products for desk use.

My criterias are:

• all-in-one Soundbar
  • no separate Subwoofer
  • length max. 100cm
  • no RGB, Gaming, customize-stuff needed
  • Price: up to 300 $

My favorite so far is this one, but its large: HW-MS550 Sound+ Soundbar - Samsung

Thank you in advance.

29 minutes ago, tygi said:

Hi there

I am looking for a reasonable Soundbar to put on my desk. I found the Samsung All-in-One solutions to be great but their problem is the size → they are made for TV usage.

You would help me if you can share some ideas on soundbar-products for desk use.

My criterias are:

• all-in-one Soundbar
  • no separate Subwoofer
  • length max. 100cm
  • no RGB, Gaming, customize-stuff needed
  • Price: up to 300 $

My favorite so far is this one, but its large: HW-MS550 Sound+ Soundbar - Samsung

Thank you in advance.

Well, It's not something that's very popular among gamers... That already makes this difficult. 

I would suggest the Razer Leviathan: https://www.razer.com/gb-en/gaming-audio/razer-leviathan

But that does have a separate subwoofer and I'm sure you've already looked into it.

Other than that, There isn't any other soundbar I've seen made for this type of usage.

And I don't think you'll be able to find anything smaller than the Samsung one since soundbars should be that size due to how they output sound. Otherwise, You might as well just get normal speakers.

Is there a specific reason you are looking for a soundbar rather than just getting a set of speakers? For that price point you could get some really quality powered monitors, or a basic amp and some good passive speakers. Generally sound bars are considered to be overpriced and underperform especially when compared to bookshelf speakers.

Thank you both for your thoughts and answers. It's truly overpriced, I agree.

My goal is to get a clean/minimalistic-ish Desk-Setup:

- three monitors Vesa mounted

- just keyboard and mouse on the desk

Maybe funny: For now I am using the JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speakers as my Speakers for watching youtube and listening to music - plugged in 3.5mm.

Most time I play PUBG with my Headset on...

Maybe there is another great small Bluetooth Speaker with Power Supply instead of battery (portable not needed)

• 1 month later...

Rather just get a nicer set of real speakers my dude, It'll look better, sound better, and probably be cheaper too.

- snip-