Frame Freezes when gaming, may be GPU?

4 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

So #1 means use one stick of RAM at a time in one slot, they are basically suggesting that you may have bad RAM or a bad RAM slot. The one stick at a time idea is a good troubleshooting step.

#3 is resetting BIOS basically, but CMOS clearing is a bit different. You simply turn off the PC, switch off the power supply, unplug the AC cord, and then pull the battery out of the motherboard. Wait 5 minutes for power to bleed out, then put it back in and fire the PC up again.

I did Memtest86, and I passed it with no errors so is step one still worth trying?

Also for step 3 what do you mean the battery out of the motherboard? The main power out of the power cord?

On 3/24/2018 at 12:25 AM, Yashmit said:

In the settings it has on API option under graphics or advanced graphics, the default option says OpenGL

Okay so I got doom, matchmaking was weird first day. But it runs smooth as butter. No problems, offline or online. Very weird. Thing is games like Battlerite, League of Legends, Sea of thieves, all ran very good about a month and a half ago. So something has happened. 

Just now, CalebWorthy said:

I did Memtest86, and I passed it with no errors so is step one still worth trying?

Also for step 3 what do you mean the battery out of the motherboard? The main power out of the power cord?

Yes, step one is still a good step to perform. Also, if you look on your motherboard you will find a watch-style battery. This is what you will remove, then replace 5 minutes later:

CMOS-Battery-3.jpg.c48909f70782e53bae70b3a9339db1d5.jpg

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, WallacEngineering said:

Yes, step one is still a good step to perform. Also, if you look on your motherboard you will find a watch-style battery. This is what you will remove, then replace 5 minutes later:

CMOS-Battery-3.jpg.c48909f70782e53bae70b3a9339db1d5.jpg

And just put it back in after about 5 minutres? Not replace cause I dont have another one of those which is what Im guessing you meant...

16 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

And just put it back in after about 5 minutres? Not replace cause I dont have another one of those which is what Im guessing you meant...

Ya you can just stick the old one back in.

Current Build Thread:

55 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya you can just stick the old one back in.

Okay, and for the RAM, how should that be done? stick it in different slots?

2 hours ago, CalebWorthy said:

Okay, and for the RAM, how should that be done? stick it in different slots?

Ya, pretty much. Put one stick in slot 1, boot it up, test for issues, then move on to the next slot. If it works properly on slot 1, then fails on slot 2, then the motherboard slot is bad and the board needs to be RMA'd. This is of course just an example, but Im sure you get the idea.

If it fails in all slots, then try a different RAM stick

Current Build Thread:

On 3/26/2018 at 12:16 AM, WallacEngineering said:

Ya, pretty much. Put one stick in slot 1, boot it up, test for issues, then move on to the next slot. If it works properly on slot 1, then fails on slot 2, then the motherboard slot is bad and the board needs to be RMA'd. This is of course just an example, but Im sure you get the idea.

If it fails in all slots, then try a different RAM stick

Tried some things, went over to a friends to make sure it wasn't internet for sure. Tried the RAM shit, ASUS wants to RMA my motherboard, I dont know what else to do so, gonna try switching stuff out from my friends computer. Thats all I know left to do. Dont know what could be causing this anymore. Never heard of RAM causing little hiccups like that in the GPU usage so who knows.

36 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Tried some things, went over to a friends to make sure it wasn't internet for sure. Tried the RAM shit, ASUS wants to RMA my motherboard, I dont know what else to do so, gonna try switching stuff out from my friends computer. Thats all I know left to do. Dont know what could be causing this anymore. Never heard of RAM causing little hiccups like that in the GPU usage so who knows.

Hmmm, well if Asus is offering, I would take it while you have the opportunity. Clearly something is off, might as well take all the free parts you can. You never know with something so weird like this.

Current Build Thread:

11 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Hmmm, well if Asus is offering, I would take it while you have the opportunity. Clearly something is off, might as well take all the free parts you can. You never know with something so weird like this.

Ran this test for my computer its like a benchmark of everything, heres what I got.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8103996

Any thoughts on that? Doesnt seem to be doing great.

ok so its throwing up some sub-par performance on the SSD. that kind of fits with your symptoms as it is possible for I/O problems to manifest themselves as freezes as the system can pause waiting for I/O. worth starting with the basics such swapping the SATA cable and using a different SATA power plug too. ALso check its in the first SATA port, usually labelled SATA_0

here is the kingston utility for the SSD fire that up and see if anything shows in their such as reccomendations or any health checking tools...

https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

if there is a firmware update, apply it.

if you can afford it consider an M.2 drive such as a 960EVO:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/250gb-samsung-960-evo-3d-v-nand-m2-pcie-gen-30-x4-nvme-11-3200mb-s-read-1500mb-s-write-330k-300k-iop?v=c

less things to go wrong (no cable, plugs straight into the motherboard) and they outperform SSDs by a good margin.

i don't normally recommend replacing parts as a troubleshooting step as it gets very expensive very quickly, but in this scenario the A400 is a budget SSD ands the rest of your system is a high-end gaming rig so i'd suggest it as a worthwhile upgrade even if it doesnt fix your problem.

oh and to confirm are you running a standard 100Mhz BCLK and overclocking your CPU with multiplier only?

2 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

oh and to confirm are you running a standard 100Mhz BCLK and overclocking your CPU with multiplier only?

My CPU is not overclcoked at the moment. I reverted it because I thought that it might be causing the problem. What do you mean by 100Mhz block? Not familiar with that. But its no overclocked right now.

Also I will look into the thing you linked, I wlil most definitley be able to buy one if I think so after troubleshooting the SSD.

Did the CPU and GPU look fine to you on the link that I sent?

4 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

Yeah they looked fine

Ordering that SSD, should come in 2 days, will let you know if it works. if not gonna RMA motherboard.

7 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

Yeah they looked fine

What should I install/uninstall for the new SSD, GPU drivers or MOBO Bios?

42 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

What should I install/uninstall for the new SSD, GPU drivers or MOBO Bios?

You should Fresh install Windows on it if not already on an SSD, then all system core drivers and software.

DO NOT copy an HDD disk image to an SSD. SSDs are fundamentaly different in how they write files. DO NOT COPY ANY SYSTEM FILES OR APPLICATIONS. Just put Win 10 on a USB key and install Windows as if its a brand new machine with clean drives that you just put together.

Current Build Thread:

On 4/3/2018 at 1:05 AM, WallacEngineering said:

You should Fresh install Windows on it if not already on an SSD, then all system core drivers and software.

DO NOT copy an HDD disk image to an SSD. SSDs are fundamentaly different in how they write files. DO NOT COPY ANY SYSTEM FILES OR APPLICATIONS. Just put Win 10 on a USB key and install Windows as if its a brand new machine with clean drives that you just put together.

Just got the SSD in, I ran one game, ran smooth, no stutters. Onto the main games that I play, will let you guys know, hopefully this fixes it!

On 4/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, Jay Deah said:

Yeah they looked fine

Works alot better, still some very occosional little freezes, very fare, so Im guessing my SSD was just bad?

On 4/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, Jay Deah said:

Yeah they looked fine

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8146455

The new benchmark after installing the SSD.

One question, for the RAM it says, Performing below potential (26th percentile) - ensure that a dual+ channel XMP BIOS profile is enabled, what is that and how can I fix it?

7 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Looks pretty good, hopefully that keeps up!

What about the RAM I mentioned one post above yours?

5 hours ago, CalebWorthy said:

What about the RAM I mentioned one post above yours?

So in order to ensure dual-channel operation, you need to download your Motherboards Manual, it will tell you where to insert your RAM for the best performance.

Then, XMP profiles are in the BIOS. It is actually RAM overclocking. You will find the option under "Advanced Memory Settings" or "Advanced Frequency Settings".

It is fairly hard to explain over text, so to be sure that you know what you are doing, I would recommend a quick "RAM XMP Profile" search on YouTube before attempting any RAM OC.

Current Build Thread: