Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

57 minutes ago, System51 said:

Well not thaaaaat Retro but still old. Rocking an FX4300 
Recently upgraded the RAM in the system cause the OG ram was bad so 16GB 1600MHz RAM 
an 500HDD

and the modern part in the system is a GT1030 since the old ATI card died.

PXL_20210726_120255128.jpg

That PSU placement is interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I guess it’s to make it shorter

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Rebuilt a system in an old case for someone, PSU was at the front with bottom air intake and exhausted out the side through the panel via a vent. Weirder yet, PSU cable plugged into the back and used an extension with a right angle plug inside the case. You can't access the PSU main switch without pulling the side panel!

On 8/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, Mel0nMan said:

Beat me to it... But yes, keeping anything out of the e-waste bin is good. Especially when it's something unique like this. Fun fact, my HD 4870 x2 was bought at NCIX.

quick question. was ncix domant everywhere or only west of canada?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

2 minutes ago, adarw said:

quick question. was ncix domant everywhere or only west of canada?

I wasn't the original buyer of the card in question, I was young when NCIX went out of business so not quite sure. All I know is the eBay listing for the card said it was bought at NCIX, and they showed the receipt. 

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I wasn't the original buyer of the card in question, I was young when NCIX went out of business so not quite sure. All I know is the eBay listing for the card said it was bought at NCIX, and they showed the receipt. 

oh makes sense lol

-----------------

#

I'm doing a lot of typing at the minute so i've dug the old MS Natural Ergo 4000 out the cupboard.  Just to give my damned wrists a rest.  I'll get some pics up once i've given it a clean off

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

5 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I'm doing a lot of typing at the minute so i've dug the old MS Natural Ergo 4000 out the cupboard.  Just to give my damned wrists a rest.  I'll get some pics up once i've given it a clean off

Thats a classic.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Is it any good or does it just look good?

It was pretty good for 2003, but I wouldn’t use it in a modern system with a heavier reliance on 12v

This is going to be used in an era appropriate socket 462 system.

Thanks to my school it department (who had a legit copy of 98 SE) I’m finally able to use my Presario! The battery sort of holds a charge, 2 hour charge time gets you 20 mins of usage or so but I wouldn’t count on it. Sound and video don’t work as they should, it’s a Sound Blaster chip and ATI video so I don’t think they’re plug and play, luckily I found a restore disc for that series of Pc that may work.

9436439E-F515-4C6A-9EBF-109698C8CD2B.thumb.jpeg.a0516b6ca3a0bd9bbc4767dc8b666860.jpeg

4 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Thanks to my school it department (who had a legit copy of 98 SE) I’m finally able to use my Presario! The battery sort of holds a charge, 2 hour charge time gets you 20 mins of usage or so but I wouldn’t count on it. Sound and video don’t work as they should, it’s a Sound Blaster chip and ATI video so I don’t think they’re plug and play, luckily I found a restore disc for that series of Pc that may work.

man sometimes i wish i knew tech stuff a year ago. i could have asked my teacher to give me a old pc.  

-----------------

#

image.png.55c063c91f56f50d3938c1f1304ac8c9.png

image.png.cb6790209271528d59deb9814469e1e2.png

does this count? 

also should i clean it? what is the best way to do so?

oh and i also have this one too. 

image.png.f11c6cd82ea0046a911b019d9c0bf36d.png

-----------------

#

On 12/20/2013 at 5:26 AM, Lanoi said:

E4500? yum. Currently have DDR2 in my system, so I can't show it off. Don't have anything old because I'm 12.

EDIT -- 23-7-14 I do not run my system with DDR2 anymore. I still have a Core 2 Quad Q9500, a E7500, and a E5300.

i am also 12 but i have a pc used as a network windows 11 boot that runs a core 2 single core

and also a streaming pc with ddr2 and pentinum four

my gpu* on the other hand is from 2009 and i daily drive that thing

* Gtx 570 Gigabyte OC edition

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3400G @ 3.1 GHZ, RAM: Teamgroup elite 12gb DDR4 @3200mhz, MOBO: GA-A320M-S2H v1, GPU: Gigabyte Rtx 3060 OC 12 GB, CASE: Old Antec one i found, PSU: CV750 Corsair

1 minute ago, Phantomcorgi94 said:

i am also 12 but i have a pc used as a network windows 11 boot that runs a core 2 single core

and also a streaming pc with ddr2 and pentinum four

my gpu* on the other hand is from 2009 and i daily drive that thing

* Gtx 570 Gigabyte OC edition

i really read that as a rx 570 for like 3 times and things didnt add up

-----------------

#

18 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Now I feel really OLD. I have copies of Windows back to 95. I never kept my copy of 3.1 with MS-DOS 6.7. 

Luckily, they don't take up much space in my CD/DVD catalog. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

2 minutes ago, Jason 57 said:

I never kept my copy of 3.1

I'll never forget my first.  My 3.1 was atop DOS 6 with the .2 upgrade

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

I found this ebay seller:

Items for sale by robevi6371 | eBay

-this is not advertising, I am not associated with this person in any way-

They have a bunch of vintage laptops for sale, I'm considering buying some of the OK-condition Presarios to refurbish and resell. Seller seems to know nothing about them, and they're all listed as not working (but most likely all they would need is a new HDD.) Just thought this may help someone else. There's one in terrible condition but most are pretty well off. There's mostly Compaqs, there's a few Gateways and a ThinkPad.

3 hours ago, Drakkhis said:

Now this is retro

intel80286.jpg

old memory.jpg

now find a computer to put them in......

-----------------

#

got the keyboard clean.....

Spoiler

image.png.69fdad1005a2946d198f49ac926bcbb6.png

Spoiler

image.png.2ff714bff5fb6fc04ca6e8a66f24cecb.png

it took well over an hour but i guess it was worth it.

-----------------

#

7 hours ago, adarw said:

got the keyboard clean.....

Hide contents

image.png.69fdad1005a2946d198f49ac926bcbb6.png

Hide contents

image.png.2ff714bff5fb6fc04ca6e8a66f24cecb.png

it took well over an hour but i guess it was worth it.

Nice work! What'd you use?

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Nice work! What'd you use?

i thought i needed to retrobrite it at first but it turns out a little of dishwashing soap, baking soda, a spray you use to clean washrooms and kitchens, and a scrub. if you need to retrobrite something without spending money ive seen people just put it out in the sun and it really makes a diffrence. 🙂 

-----------------

#

On 12/19/2013 at 10:25 PM, TheTechnerd said:

Kingston Hyperx DDR2 2GB 1066MHz

I have almost the same, but mine is a "Limited Black Edition"