thanks I have 20/20 vision and looking at a 21.5 in monitor

1 minute ago, Storm-Chaser said:

I think there usually a patent # on the handle which my gun doesn't have

yeah there usually is one but makes sense why it would be a airsoft

also is it a elite force or something else

5 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Dan Wesson model 715

thats is a really nice replica

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

"There’s a fine line between perseverance and failure to accept reality'- Tim leatherman

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

is it a elite force or something else

thats is a really nice replica

It's a Umarex and cost me about $100 plus another $35 for the laser sight.

HP Z820 workstation - dual CPUs - 24C / 48T @ 3.5GHz (turbo) and octal channel 64GB ecc ram, 300GB raid 0 x 4 SSD, water cooled (from the factory), MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB GPU

Just now, Storm-Chaser said:

Okay, sorry to hijack the thread, lets get back to business

pm me

1 minute ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Next thing getting laser sights is going to be this guy

that is a nice setup

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

"There’s a fine line between perseverance and failure to accept reality'- Tim leatherman

11 hours ago, Kilrah said:

This thread is for pics, you can't tell us of cool things like that without showing :P

I have some here.

My FX 5600 XT has arrived. Might put the cooler from my extremely hot/faulty FX 5500 on it. It has already had 1 replacement:

20201027_072306.thumb.jpg.3a545fd87edf484df9a3310c6027aa1e.jpg

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Scored a few machines over the weekend... 2 dell dimensions one is a p2 450, the other a p3 550. Also scored two p3 600 machines. The plastics on the 550 dell are pretty yellowed though, and I have a couple of these machines already so I stripped it for parts but interestingly the metal chassis is the exact same as the micron sleeper pc... So cleaned it up and am going to swap the micron machine and plastics into/onto it so no more gapping holes in the front and bottom.

The other machines had nice motherboards in them too... One had a gigabyte ga-6bxe and the other an asus. The Mb from the compaq appears to be a rebadged intel board. DSC_5206.thumb.JPG.4f3863b50c9bc13abffb26bcbb24938c.JPGDSC_5207.thumb.JPG.297853d89ea3f624770547f89c0d337e.JPG

6 minutes ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

Scored a few machines over the weekend... 2 dell dimensions

my current pc isin a dell dimension case, a Dell Dimension 2400, which was super easy because dell used 100% standard part for it. It had a standard matx mobo, standard ram (no stupid certifications) a removable io shield, a normal arx psu, and no proprietary usb conectors. Those usb ports even work on my b250 motherboard. 

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:                                                                /\

(was a H1 build, but I cant spend 400$ on a case)                |

DREAM BUILD BIT BY BIT                        |

• Ryzen 5 5600x                                                                         |
  • ROG Strix B550-f GAMING                                                 |
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200mhz cl6   |
  • Old drives from Grandma -------------------------------------/
  • New Crucial P1 and Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
  • Whichever 3070 I can get
  • Meshify C with tempered glass
  • 6 Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo
  • Full custom loop water cooling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HelpfulTechWizard/saved/s8XrD3

Man the kids these days are missing out on when basically every computer component relied on DIP Switches to operate correctly. 

9 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Man the kids these days are missing out on when basically every computer component relied on DIP Switches to operate correctly. 

Dip switches were a bit of a luxury.

PMSL

1 hour ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

Scored a few machines over the weekend... 2 dell dimensions one is a p2 450, the other a p3 550. Also scored two p3 600 machines. The plastics on the 550 dell are pretty yellowed though, and I have a couple of these machines already so I stripped it for parts but interestingly the metal chassis is the exact same as the micron sleeper pc... So cleaned it up and am going to swap the micron machine and plastics into/onto it so no more gapping holes in the front and bottom.

The other machines had nice motherboards in them too... One had a gigabyte ga-6bxe and the other an asus. The Mb from the compaq appears to be a rebadged intel board.

That Compaq board is the Intel SE-440BX-2. I have the full reference version of it. Main differences are the Yamaha audio, lack of Compaq power connector, and more sensible front panel header. I've added the latching mechanism from a dead MSI Voodoo3 motherboard to mine, so I can securely install my Pentium III 650. The stock mechanism worked best with my Celeron 450A and 500A (love the "cut contact for 100MHz FSB" mod).

PMSL

51 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

That Compaq board is the Intel SE-440BX-2. I have the full reference version of it. Main differences are the Yamaha audio, lack of Compaq power connector, and more sensible front panel header. I've added the latching mechanism from a dead MSI Voodoo3 motherboard to mine, so I can securely install my Pentium III 650. The stock mechanism worked best with my Celeron 450A and 500A (love the "cut contact for 100MHz FSB" mod).

1 hour ago, Bad5ector said:

LOL I know right? Or jumpers and manually setting fsb/multipliers, master/slave on ide devices or manual irq and DMA addresses. They have it so easy now 😂

And that's good to know about the compaq board, and knowing I wasn't out to lunch on my suspicion lol

24 minutes ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

master/slave

REPORTED!

Didn't you get the memo, can't say that anymore. It's Primary and Secondary, always has been.

17 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

A7N8X was one of my favorites. Super good match if you get the 400MHz FSB revision and pair with an 400MHz FSB (not the 333Mhz FSB red headed stepchild XP 3000+ lol) Athlon XP 3000+. Very snappy system for it's day. 

I'm currently massing parts for this build, but I still have to get this mobo sent out and have the caps replaced because it's in a no post situation right now. 

DSCN0852.jpg
DSCN0853.jpg
DSCN0856.jpg
DSCN0857.jpg
DSCN0858.jpg
DSCN0859.jpg
DSCN0860.jpg
DSCN0864.jpg

Yup.  Good stuff.  My system is running the 2500 at 3200 inside this with the A7N8X-E.

Cable management?  Who needs that.  That's what the inside of the case is for.  Better cooling on the tubes too as they're out in the open. :)

Besides, you couldn't see it anyway as the case sides are solid.

a7n8x-e_amd_athlon_2500_at_3200_water_cooled.jpg

14 hours ago, TehDwonz said:

I never got why some manufacturers do this... decent quality black caps on almost the entire board, then they cheap out on 1-2 with the "guaranteed to fail" brown ones.
image.png.a625bdcee2eff0ec0846bc6143bf9308.png

You could understand if they did the whole board, or a significant portion, but 2?

Perhaps for an end of life scenario set up by Asus that forces people to upgrade their hardware when the time comes? and force people to upgrade so they can sell their latest motherboards. Sounds a little hair brained, and I'm not sure if I even believe it myself. 

HP Z820 workstation - dual CPUs - 24C / 48T @ 3.5GHz (turbo) and octal channel 64GB ecc ram, 300GB raid 0 x 4 SSD, water cooled (from the factory), MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB GPU

29 minutes ago, Bitter said:

REPORTED!

Didn't you get the memo, can't say that anymore. It's Primary and Secondary, always has been.

Not according to every ide drive I've ever seen it isn't 😂. Primary and secondary controllers, yes but each controller can have a "master" and/or "slave" device. 

Maybe that's changed now lol but all the old devices I deal with that's how they're marked, politically correct or not.

6 minutes ago, Starman57 said:

Yup.  Good stuff.  My system is running the 2500 at 3200 inside this with the A7N8X-E.

Cable management?  Who needs that.  That's what the inside of the case is for.  Better cooling on the tubes too as they're out in the open. :)

Besides, you couldn't see it anyway as the case sides are solid.

I'm still kicking myself for throwing out my old working Soltek nForce 2. It was around the time Linus was working on this video:

And I live in the Vancouver area too so could've donated it to them to have a working build. Mine too was in an Antec Sonata II as well albeit my case was a bit more beat up than the one they had.

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.20 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB / 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

7 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm still kicking myself for throwing out my old working Soltek nForce 2.

I usually try not to throw things out unless I KNOW there's no use for it.

Yeah, the Nforce 2 (the Ultra 400) version was the go-to board of the day.  I bought two of them.  Sadly one of them died from capacitor plague.  I tried recapping it, but to no avail.  It's non posting.  I suspect when the main caps popped, it took the processor too.  I haven't the heart right now to disassemble the water cooled rig to check the processor (it too is a 2500 that does 3200).

One day maybe, when the water cooled rig needs a re-tubing (which will be soon - still original tubes and coolant)!

2 hours ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

LOL I know right? Or jumpers and manually setting fsb/multipliers, master/slave on ide devices or manual irq and DMA addresses. They have it so easy now 😂

And that's good to know about the compaq board, and knowing I wasn't out to lunch on my suspicion lol

You'll have to ask around btw if you want the updated BIOS - I managed to get everything for my particular revision before Intel took it all down.

I could give you the manual/full documentation though.

I'll be adding my first Radeon dGPU (seriously dislike the MR 9000 Pro igp - single channel DDR3 333 didn't help, lets see what higher clocks+memory bandwidth will do) and top end Thoroughbred to my collection soon.
And I need to decide on which motherboard goes in here - my dual S370 or my new socket A:

Spoiler

024.thumb.JPG.6bdb6d930205845aac3cdef2f865b715.JPG

PMSL

3 hours ago, Starman57 said:

I usually try not to throw things out unless I KNOW there's no use for it.

Yeah, the Nforce 2 (the Ultra 400) version was the go-to board of the day.  I bought two of them.  Sadly one of them died from capacitor plague.  I tried recapping it, but to no avail.  It's non posting.  I suspect when the main caps popped, it took the processor too.  I haven't the heart right now to disassemble the water cooled rig to check the processor (it too is a 2500 that does 3200).

One day maybe, when the water cooled rig needs a re-tubing (which will be soon - still original tubes and coolant)!

To be fair, at the time I just had too many old systems lying around. I had no use for it. Mainly used it to mess with Vista every now and then. Had I known LTT was looking for one, I would've donated it. In terms of XP machines, I still had an old Pentium 4HT system and an Acer TravelMate 4200 lying around. Then I had my main rig, my school laptop, and a spare Phenom II X2 system in my room. So plenty of more usable machines on hand. Best to start purging them now before I end up like our good old friend @BrianTheElectrician

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.20 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB / 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

You'll have to ask around btw if you want the updated BIOS - I managed to get everything for my particular revision before Intel took it all down.

I could give you the manual/full documentation though.

I'll be adding my first Radeon dGPU (seriously dislike the MR 9000 Pro igp - single channel DDR3 333 didn't help, lets see what higher clocks+memory bandwidth will do) and top end Thoroughbred to my collection soon.
And I need to decide on which motherboard goes in here - my dual S370 or my new socket A:

Reveal hidden contents

024.thumb.JPG.6bdb6d930205845aac3cdef2f865b715.JPG

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

Meh, I'm not too worried about having the latest bios for it, it works fine as it is. The only thing that I can think of that I would want the latest for would be if it supported larger hard drives, but then I have lots of smaller old ones as well I can use instead, plus there are always IDE to SD adapters to boot as well. That's exciting to be getting your first Radeon as well, let us know how you like it. My pick would be the socket A for the build, but then dual s370 is pretty unique as well. both are good choices :P

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

To be fair, at the time I just had too many old systems lying around. I had no use for it. Mainly used it to mess with Vista every now and then. Had I known LTT was looking for one, I would've donated it. In terms of XP machines, I still had an old Pentium 4HT system and an Acer TravelMate 4200 lying around. Then I had my main rig, my school laptop, and a spare Phenom II X2 system in my room. So plenty of more usable machines on hand. Best to start purging them now before I end up like our good old friend @BrianTheElectrician

LOL Ouch! I'll have you know that while I brought computers home this weekend, I also stripped a bunch to clear space for the new bunch. :P  Mainly small form factor systems, and need to do a purge of my motherboards that I know I'm not going to use as well (1st/2nd gen core cpus/motherboards anyone?). Also scored a few systems in nice cases, including 3x 1000w power supplies, decent motherboards and i5 4690k's. Even scored a GTX 780, though not sure if that works yet. Time to replace the kitchen computer and the workshop system too!

PS: Where in Vancouver are you located? Need any parts? I might know a guy with a few extras!

22 minutes ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

Meh, I'm not too worried about having the latest bios for it, it works fine as it is. The only thing that I can think of that I would want the latest for would be if it supported larger hard drives, but then I have lots of smaller old ones as well I can use instead, plus there are always IDE to SD adapters to boot as well. That's exciting to be getting your first Radeon as well, let us know how you like it. My pick would be the socket A for the build, but then dual s370 is pretty unique as well. both are good choices :P

I'll be doing a direct comparison between this and the laptop's 9000 igp - in DX8.1 though since DX9 (which the laptop was marketed as being capable of - liars) has stability issues:
image.png.f25d3410c606a2d60616edfc47fd6648.png

This will be running on a 400MHz FSB (aka @ 2.4GHz) - Sempron still beats an Athlon XP 1800+, even though its Celeron PR vs Pentium 4 PR:

image.png.b92c7b256b96e13895b74abe2b61424c.png

I'm glad I bought a cooler that can handle an Athlon XP 3000+. It might do well with a Duron 1000 on a 200MHz FSB (actual not effective)

PMSL

On 12/19/2013 at 4:25 PM, TheTechnerd said:

Today I thought we would do something fun and different. This is a topic about showing of all your old pc parts (or old computers). Feel free to post some pics:) It will be fun:D

Here's some of mine:

20131219_215248_edited.jpg

Kingston Hyperx DDR2 2GB 1066MHz

20131219_221706_edited.jpg

Intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz

20131219_220612_edited.jpg

Intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz backside

This is my current working MacBook Pro 

551AA01C-FB35-4F80-A6EB-F0A8798D662C.jpeg

dang early 2011. 

My (SOON TO BE) pc. Will build hopefully around christmas of 2020. 👉👌 pcpartpicker.com/list/rsF3x6

1 minute ago, Jacksoncraft859 said:

This is my current working MacBook Pro 

Have you had any GPU issues? Those are notorious for bad GPUs. My 15" 2011 is dead because of it.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro

General Use Mac: Mid 2011 27" Apple iMac

Intel Core i5-2400 (4C/4T), 16GB Various DDR3 1067MHz, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1GB, 500GB Crucial MX500, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6/Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8