Stephen Hawking died today at 76 years of age

Apepa

@Apepa your post does not meet the guidelines for The Tech News & Reviews Section

Please update and your post will be moved back.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

So sad, but also so amazing that dispite his condition he lived that long.

RIP my dude.

That's the most amazing part.  Typically with an ALS diagnosis you only have a matter of YEARS to with the average being only 3 years.  Hawking was a huge statistical outlier as the odds were so very much against his long term survival which should have curtailed his contributions to human knowledge.

Rest in peace

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Doomy weather today, plus this news, everything just makes this life so sad. RIP, you'll be missed. 

I don’t even know how to feel about this. He was a great man, and he overcame so many obstacles in his life. If he can, why can’t you? He’s my motivation to want to do better and be better.

May he Rest In Peace.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I can count on 1 hand the number of people in the world outside of family that I considerer significant enough to merit a day of mourning. Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA is one of those people.

Though there is highely likely to be nothing beyond death for the concious mind to perceive, those still living, are living in a world that that is lesser becouse of his death. We have lost one of the greatest minds to have lived.

:(

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

F

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

It sucks, I read the news earlier today and saw that Hawking had passed and my very first thought was: "We seem to be loosing some of the greatest people in history lately".

Its been a very sad last couple years.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

Well he led a good life, probably stayed alive longer then he would if he were poorer.

RIP, I actually saw a documentary about him. Brave smart man who did not give up on life and love inspite of his disability

March 14th:

Pi day, 3.141592653589793 (No i didn't look it up)

Ablert Einsteins Birthday

And now....

Steven Hawkins Death.

One might imagine, if he were conscious at the time, he would be thinking "today is a good day to die"

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

43 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

March 14th:

And now....

Steven Hawkins Death.

One might imagine, if he were conscious at the time, he would be thinking "today is a good day to die"

Born on Galileo’s birthday. Died on Einstein’s. Incredible.

9 hours ago, SolarNova said:

March 14th:

And now....

Steven Hawkins Death.

wouldnt it be March 14 2015 for Pi

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

I actually remember that day.  I celebrated at 9:26AM.

atomic time down to seconds?

He showed the human race the strings that bind the universe together, we won't live to see another mind like that.  It was his mind that made him beautiful not his body and he followed his passion 110%, many of us could learn from this example.  Rest well my friend, you earned it.