Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stephen Hawking died today at 76 years of age

a great man who has dedicated his life to science has been lost to us today...

tenor.gif

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJ2cQV

5U The Waifu (my new in-progress server): https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1130931-5u-the-waifu-my-new-server/

I was sad that he couldn't find his theory of everything in time.

RIP. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080S VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor: Dell S2716DGR Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black

May I pipe in and say that Stephen Hawking died in Cambridge, which means he died on Pi Day?

A truly great mind.  He will be missed...

I have a G7 and it's DELLicious!!!

| #HuaweiSucks | #MacsAreGoodComputersToo |

Meet Hex, my hexacore laptop!

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1TB Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe (boot)

2TB Crucial MX500 SATA III (games)

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

Logitech G603 wireless gaming mouse

HyperX Stinger wireless gaming headset

Other tech: Product(RED) Apple iPhone XR 256GB, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Devastator II (just the keyboard), Sennheiser HD4.40BT, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Corsair HS70 wireless gaming headset

15 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

May I pipe in and say that Stephen Hawking died in Cambridge, which means he died on Pi Day?

Deaths in Cambridge is not a strict subset of Incidents on Pi Day ._.

So sad, I was speechless when I read the news. I saw a lecture of him in 2014, the crowd was so in awe. He started 10 minutes late but for the entire 10 minutes the theater was silence, the amount of respect he enforced was amazing. 

So sad to see him go and we're going to miss him in the scientific community.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Deaths in Cambridge is not a strict subset of Incidents on Pi Day ._.

I was trying to reference time zones.  Guess I created a logical fallacy by accident.  xD 

I have a G7 and it's DELLicious!!!

| #HuaweiSucks | #MacsAreGoodComputersToo |

Meet Hex, my hexacore laptop!

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1TB Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe (boot)

2TB Crucial MX500 SATA III (games)

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

Logitech G603 wireless gaming mouse

HyperX Stinger wireless gaming headset

Other tech: Product(RED) Apple iPhone XR 256GB, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Devastator II (just the keyboard), Sennheiser HD4.40BT, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Corsair HS70 wireless gaming headset

shouldn't the title be

Stephen Hawking died at 76

its just that the title sound quite more of

Stephen Hawking found dead at 76

2 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

shouldn't the title be

Stephen Hawking died at 76

its just that the title sound quite more of

Stephen Hawking found dead at 76

While I can't please everyone on the internet, but maybe this will please you. *Edited*

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

So upset, big bang singularity, Hawking radiation, popularising Cosmology, his indomitable quest to understand the deep mysteries of the universe, taking it to the tories over the NHS, an incredible human being, one that will be remembered as long as there are scientists.  RIP. 

RIP. 

A truly great mind disappears just now that we need more of them with the surge of stupidity going around.

RIP

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

Rest In Peace Stephen Hawking. You have done so much great stuff.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Brouhahaha said:

So upset, big bang singularity, Hawking radiation, popularising Cosmology, his indomitable quest to understand the deep mysteries of the universe, taking it to the tories over the NHS, an incredible human being, one that will be remembered as long as there are scientists.  RIP. 

His work on black holes will be his most enduring legacy, but I think his biggest contribution to the world during his lifetime was A Brief History of Time and his role in popularising cosmology. We are all smarter because of him.

17 minutes ago, Apepa said:

His work on black holes will be his most enduring legacy, but I think his biggest contribution to the world during his lifetime was A Brief History of Time and his role in popularising cosmology. We are all smarter because of him.

Yep, Hawking radiation will be his biggest scientific legacy (also early work on Big Bang singularity), but his role as a communicator and popularizer of cosmology is perhaps his greatest contribution. 

Just heard this on the radio: 'Stephen Hawking born on the day Galileo Gallili died, he passed away on the day Albert Einstein was born.'

Science, nay Humanity, has lost a great man.

Rest in Peace.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro