Toshiba - "Assisted Reality" - DynaEdge DE-100

Well lets be frank, the headline got me, TOSHIBA ANNOUNCES DYNAEDGE MOBILE EDGE COMPUTING DEVICE WITH COMPANION ASSISTED REALITY SMART GLASSES though why they decided all caps for the title i don't know.

Their official press release is here at this link, http://www.toshiba.co.uk/press/releases/dynaedge-de100-with-assisted-reality/ 

and if i am honest, it actually looks like a handy piece of kit, I work in IT and regularly have to call back to the office while i am out in the field, for one reason or another, sometimes my pair of hands is actually all they need out there!. but the idea of being able to see what another "wearer"  is doing while they are out in the field with what looks to be a pretty powerful little windows 10 Pocket PC with a display, microphone, and speakers, That is completely portable, sounds like a great little tool to have. 

Possibilities with it are endless, though they are promoting it on their website http://www.toshiba.co.uk/generic/dynaedge/  primarily for the industrial and logistics sector, i can see quite a wide application of uses, within IT for field engineers - as a second pair of eyes on a site inspection, Fire and Medical services, with a second person looking and watching in real time and possibly noticing something that is happening the the person wearing them doesn't. 

It actually looks like a good little piece of tech, though their Promo video i think could use a retouch rather than the CG'd hand in the video perhaps use a real person and demo the product! 

It also integrates "seemlessly" with Active directory, and windows 10. which makes me think they are leveraging the mixed reality portal here, though i can't be certain as i don't own one (yet) 

On a side note, it something that i would like to see The Linus tech team possibly reach out and ask if they can do review the product

so basically the equivalent of someone livestreaming a gopro on their head?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Awesome, now I can stream myself getting wrecked in Rainbow 6 Siege from a new angle.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

not quite a go pro on the head- this would allow you to stream directly from windows 10 - on the device itself - with a HUD  - imagine writing a piece of software for gaming with that has all the displays you could want while playting rainbow 6 siege - your ammo - your health bar etc, all there while your game is free of all that on the screen.

now that could be awsome

"Hey, look! We reinvented Google glass!"

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016