Gtx 660 Twin III FANs are Spinning on 100%

bubuie

So, something happened idk what and my GPU fans started to spin like on 100%, opened it cleaned it , even had it taken to IT and they changed the Fans to new one , but both of them are working on 100% load , like something is forcing them to run  at full speed, MSI afterburner nothing works to control the fans... what can be the other option? the GPU works great and temps are fine. but they do make a sound when both spinning on 100%...

tried re installing drivers even had a clean windows 10 install thought it could be OS problem, tested on another RIG and same

4.PNG

Try flashing the BIOS if you can. Search for a BIOS ROM based on your model number and then use NVflash to flash it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Try flashing the BIOS if you can. Search for a BIOS ROM based on your model number and then use NVflash to flash it. 

Ok i will try to do it now

45 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

tried to flash and nothing changed still they are at 100% speed

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

here is the GPU -Z fans are 30 % but they run at 4000....RPM

4.PNG

In conclusion i have removed the old fans and replaced them with 2 x 120 MM cooler master ones and attached them to the Heatsink of the GPU , now it has no sound and the temp is lower then it was befoire

Sounds like the fan controller has died. This happened on my GTX 770. The fans would mostly just spin at 100% or 0 and then back to 100%. The solution you did is the best solution in that scenario I believe. How are you powering the fans? On the card or separate?

8 hours ago, alphaproject said:

Sounds like the fan controller has died. This happened on my GTX 770. The fans would mostly just spin at 100% or 0 and then back to 100%. The solution you did is the best solution in that scenario I believe. How are you powering the fans? On the card or separate?

using molex connectors on fans