Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Corsair 570x loop redesign help

Last week I updated my pc and kind of rushed new watercooling parts into my loop(specifically my photon 270 res/pump combo,) as I thought the 570x would have plenty of room for it. Turns out I don't have nearly as much room as I thought. In a month I'm going on vacation and while I'm gone I have to RMA my strix 1080ti since some of the leds are dead on my fan shroud. Once I get back I'd like to delid my 8700k, put a waterblock on my strix, and redo my loop.

Currently I have an xspc ex360, photo 270 w/D5, and xspc raystorm block. I'd like to replace the ex360 with an rx360-v3 rad that I have and add an alphacool 240 rad on the top of my case. I should be able to squeeze my rx360 in with no problem as long as I find a place for a new res/pump top/???. I'm thinking a photon 170 res would mount on top of my psu shroud if I put a waterblock on my gpu.  Even still with the rx360 in the strix card is HUGE.

Just looking for some advice/ideas. Everything's up in the air.

20180308_202534.jpg

CPU Intel i7 8700k | Motherboard ASUS Z370-E | RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8x 2GB) | GPU Asus Strix 1080ti | Case Corsair 570X | Storage Samsung 960 NVME M.2, Intel 530 240GB ssd, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Corsair AX1200iCooling XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, D5 pump, Raystorm cpu block, and an EX360 rad | Keyboard Corsair k70 rgb | MousLogitech Proteus Spectrum rgb

Your resevoir is way to long to be practical

maybe try to do shorter more concies loops or for 90 degree fittings

My life

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

Your resevoir is way to long to be practical

maybe try to do shorter more concies loops or for 90 degree fittings

Indeed. I'm thinking a pump top mounted by the psu at the bottom of the case and a reservoir of some kind at mounted where the rear 120mm fan would go or on top of the psu.

CPU Intel i7 8700k | Motherboard ASUS Z370-E | RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8x 2GB) | GPU Asus Strix 1080ti | Case Corsair 570X | Storage Samsung 960 NVME M.2, Intel 530 240GB ssd, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Corsair AX1200iCooling XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, D5 pump, Raystorm cpu block, and an EX360 rad | Keyboard Corsair k70 rgb | MousLogitech Proteus Spectrum rgb