Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

I been there, that's super annoying! Make sure you put in your passkey!!

LOL yeah.  Haven't made the mistake of forgetting that one in a while

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

Is anyone else having issues getting WU's? I updated to the latest client yesterday. I know I don't have the best GPU (its a Quadro P400 2GB DDR5). It's in my home plex server for the h265 nvenc encoder. I switched plex back to using the xeon e3-1245v3 and dedicated the quado to folding at home. I started a month ago after the LTT video and its never stopped working. But the past 3 days I have had no WU's, is anyone else having the same issue?

4 minutes ago, Enterpriz said:

Is anyone else having issues getting WU's? I updated to the latest client yesterday. I know I don't have the best GPU (its a Quadro P400 2GB DDR5). It's in my home plex server for the h265 nvenc encoder. I switched plex back to using the xeon e3-1245v3 and dedicated the quado to folding at home. I started a month ago after the LTT video and its never stopped working. But the past 3 days I have had no WU's, is anyone else having the same issue?

If you haven't already try setting client-type "advanced" and next-unit-percentage "95" and get hold of danielocdh babysitting script.

babysitting script

2 hours ago, marknd59 said:

If you haven't already try setting client-type "advanced" and next-unit-percentage "95" and get hold of danielocdh babysitting script.

babysitting script

Just set it up. Let's see how much it helps.

2 hours ago, marknd59 said:

babysitting script

I've seen this around but don't know where to put the next-unit-percentage - 95 info? is it in the expert section in the configuration?

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

9 minutes ago, j1philli said:

I've seen this around but don't know where to put the next-unit-percentage - 95 info? is it in the expert section in the configuration?

In Advanced control, configure, slots, click on the slot you want to set up then click edit. Click add enter the name and the value. Click save on the slots window.

slots.jpg

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

In Advanced control, configure, slots, click on the slot you want to set up then click edit. Click add enter the name and the value.

slots.jpg

Thanks! Do I need the client-type -> advanced in there to for it to work? Or what does advanced do?

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

1 minute ago, j1philli said:

Thanks! Do I need the client-type -> advanced in there to for it to work? Or what does advanced do?

basically, it gives you access to more WU's that are in beta or some form of testing before they are released on the main network. they can be unstable, but only really if you are pushing a hard OC or are already on a thermal limit of some sorts.

1 minute ago, j1philli said:

It lets you get late stage beta WUs so it gives you a bigger pool of WU's to pull from so more chance get a WU.

Points earned

8,108,172 (See stats)
8,095,472 go to Team LinusTechTips_Team's total of 250,955,773,794.

Your welcome.

This would be higher if power bill's were on hold for 3 months...…Meh.

and this 18:04:05:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
18:04:05:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

other than that have a happy quarantine and stay safe. :)

Untitled.png

Hey guys!

More IRL stuff has needed me to deal with it over the last few days, I swear my life likes to collapse as soon as I try to do an event!

I will be replying to all messages tonight, if you messaged before 00:00BST Sunday then you will be awarding your prize, if you messaged after then... 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hey guys thanks were thanks is due, setting client-type "advanced" and next-unit-percentage "95" & danielocdh babysitting script working its magic along with a fresh install of the latest F@H client. The WUs are flowing again, much appreciated. ^_^

3 minutes ago, Raytheon said:

Hey guys thanks were thanks is due, setting client-type "advanced" and next-unit-percentage "95" & danielocdh babysitting script working its magic along with a fresh install of the latest F@H client. The WUs are flowing again, much appreciated. ^_^

Lucky!  My remote client is being a pill about getting one. Been over an hour and that's with the babysitting script.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

finally getting the PPD i'm supposed to be getting again!

Knipsel.thumb.PNG.d55f8c334bdb9e36ad31c7b04612bb7c.PNG

I'd like to run a couple cards at once. But 3 rigs is balancing out.

Meh.jpg

So odd, this project 16801

GPU utilization at 2%

GPU memory at 0.7/6GB

Been chugging at it for 17 hours at a PPD of ~6000

-_-

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

Bad time to update the PC with these WUs coming non stop, but time to upgrade cooling and OC everything!  El zoido awaits

Here comes El Zoido to ruin your drinking water | Futurama, Mario ...

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

Just got Project 14436. 53000 Base Credit. I haven't felt so happy in weeks

F@H    EOC

29 minutes ago, jctappel67 said:

Just got Project 14436. 53000 Base Credit. I haven't felt so happy in weeks

Same, it's a beefy unit at around 6-7 hours on my 1070.

So that babysitter script, am I supposed to see something running in the cmd window or what? I cd'd to the directory, ran python babysitter and it's not showing anything...? How do I know it's running?

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

So that babysitter script, am I supposed to see something running in the cmd window or what? I cd'd to the directory, ran python babysitter and it's not showing anything...? How do I know it's running?

I didn't see anything either. I just manually double-clicked on the script and it ran in its own window. Give that a shot.

27 minutes ago, Bitter said:

21 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

I didn't see anything either. I just manually double-clicked on the script and it ran in its own window. Give that a shot.

Should look something like:
image.png.86ab30cbe89d0e5434083016c7924114.png

Double clicking on the script should work as well for most people.