Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

14 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Running a test fold on all the machines I intend to fold with.

Main PC (6700K, GTX 1080Ti)

IMG_20180322_231922.thumb.jpg.f04b606ff0c780b21a55dc551cd20a96.jpg

3D printer PC (Phenom II X6 1090T, GTX 750Ti)

IMG_20180322_231954.thumb.jpg.89925819c21c9aa0756023bd1c9eb4dd.jpg

HTPC (4790, 780Ti) and testbench (3570K, GTX 970, 2x GTX 750Ti)

IMG_20180322_231908.thumb.jpg.dd3a56fda56224cefded0293b534baaf.jpg

My room is getting extremely hot. I need to open my window.

I'm not running any CPU work units on any of these machines.

I love everything about looking at that desk right now. Just all of the cards. Its beautiful.

12 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Even with having 3-6 hours downtime a day to stream, Im still the 5th best producer... Till folding week comes anyway. 

folding.PNG

Well im coming for you since I just fired up my mining (2x970s) rig to fold and will now be as close to 24/7 with my main (1080ti) rig as possible too (got to make time for that rocket league. lol.)

12 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ooh I'm catching up!

I'd probably have you beat if I could make a script that says "OK" every time the core crashes due to nvidia drivers being nvidia drivers

You might want to use ddu to uninstall and find a known good driver and install that. Also things like sli will completely fuck up folding for some reason. When I had my 970s in sli it took months to figure out the issues that were causing them to fail randomly when all I would have to do is take off the sli bridge and it would work perfect.

11 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

HAHA If i actually split my cards across my rigs id have around 1.3-1.5mil PPD. But for some reason that upsets my main rig. 

What cpu is running in your main rig also check the motherboard manual to see how it divides PCIe lanes? My guess would be PCIe bandwidth limitations. I personally don't usually fold on my cpu for that reason (and so that regular use of the computer feels normal when I just need to use Firefox or something.)

6 hours ago, Lockram said:

I'm not gonna be home this weekend, but I started my GTX 1080 before i left. Hopefully i can find myself on the top 20 tomorrow.  :-)

On monday i will fire up my GTX 1070 aswell. Hoping for 1.4 million PPD throughout the folding week. 

Top 20 overall or top 20 producers? But either way 1.4m is awesome.

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Added my name. SansVarnic

Thanks! making my life easier. Also to anyone else don't forget to add your folding name into the doc I will be going through and adding the information Sunday night and if your name isn't in by then you will get missed. 

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

7 minutes ago, palespartan said:

You might want to use ddu to uninstall and find a known good driver and install that. Also things like sli will completely fuck up folding for some reason. When I had my 970s in sli it took months to figure out the issues that were causing them to fail randomly when all I would have to do is take off the sli bridge and it would work perfect

I've entirely reinstalled windows and it still does it

And yeah there's no SLI going on in a node 202

Still trying to find some budget GPUs for my server to loan to mining. I've been looking at 7770s and 7850s as well as 750ti's. I would like to get one nvidia and one AMD card but neither one can have anything larger than a 8 pin PCIe power connector, since the servers power supply only has two. The 750 will be relieved of folding in favor of it's render work.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm trying to keep it at or below $50 US if possible, but I'm willing to spend no more than $80 per card (hard limit). If possible I would also like to keep them roughly balanced in folding capability.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

7 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Still trying to find some budget GPUs for my server to loan to mining. I've been looking at 7770s and 7850s as well as 750ti's. I would like to get one nvidia and one AMD card but neither one can have anything larger than a 8 pin PCIe power connector, since the servers power supply only has two. The 750 will be relieved of folding in favor of it's render work.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm trying to keep it at or below $50 US if possible, but I'm willing to spend no more than $80 per card (hard limit). If possible I would also like to keep them roughly balanced in folding capability.

So far, all the 2GB 750Ti chinese GPUs I've bought have been genuine. Maybe find a seller and see if you can get a bulk discount

17 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So far, all the 2GB 750Ti chinese GPUs I've bought have been genuine. Maybe find a seller and see if you can get a bulk discount

Are they from the same seller or different sellers?

Edit: Are we talking about these?

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

31 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Are they from the same seller or different sellers?

Edit: Are we talking about these?

I haven't seen that flavour before... 

I'm gonna buy one and see

Edit: That one's got an SLI port, and 750Tis didn't support SLI

Look for one without an SLI connector. The red and black or red and silver dual fan ones seem to be a good start

22 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I haven't seen that flavour before... 

I'm gonna buy one and see

Edit: That one's got an SLI port, and 750Tis didn't support SLI

Look for one without an SLI connector. The red and black or red and silver dual fan ones seem to be a good start

There have been a few people who have actually gone for these (they make them in other flavors too like 960 and 970) most of them turn out to be something like a 550ti with an unusual bios flash to make them read in the system as whatever they are advertised to be. supposedly you can flash them back to 550ti or whatever the chip turns out to be (heard of some even in the low end of the gtx 400 series) and they they preform normally. there are some threads on the forum you can check out on them also some smaller tech tubers that have videos on them. 

Folding Community Board:

27 minutes ago, palespartan said:

There have been a few people who have actually gone for these (they make them in other flavors too like 960 and 970) most of them turn out to be something like a 550ti with an unusual bios flash to make them read in the system as whatever they are advertised to be. supposedly you can flash them back to 550ti or whatever the chip turns out to be (heard of some even in the low end of the gtx 400 series) and they they preform normally. there are some threads on the forum you can check out on them also some smaller tech tubers that have videos on them. 

I know, I've been buying one of every flavour I can find. Hence why I have so many damn videocards

Bit of a change of plans.

I've ripped a 750Ti out of the testbench because I seemed to somehow be bottlenecked by a 4.5ghz 3570K...

This allowed me to channel more air into the GTX 970

IMG_20180323_175604.thumb.jpg.f92c437225b9d967e4f201f014dad4cf.jpg

I put the spare 750Ti into my HTPC

IMG_20180323_170956.thumb.jpg.a954eea43ef9240de72dc0bd36677f9c.jpg

Yes, I prevent GPU sag with a fan, and yes, the fan is moving air

I hope the 970's fans can handle this week long session, one of them is quite chattery.

I've been pushing my Titan for a better OC in anticipation of this coming week. Seems like I'll have to run my rig without the side panel to keep temps in check tough :P

IMG_20180324_133848.thumb.jpg.49602708601f2d87bc6ab961aeff6858.jpg

I hope this cunt keeps his paws out of the fans.

1521895317048561200800832177353.thumb.jpg.9d6135886ce8e2a5ef2501ecd0da2410.jpg

@palespartan the issue is my cards are running over risers. I have an r7 1700, only folding on 8 threads. But I'm heading loads of issues trying to remove the cards.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So just a few questions:

• Is the soft date of March 26, 2018 now a hard date?
  • What time does the contest start (We will need to make sure someone is available to correctly log the start points data at that time)?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Very nice to see LTT forums doing a folding event, especially since the other forum I frequent put a hold on their events.

I think I can get mine up tomorrow (have to rework F@H install on the Mint 18.2 and get an OS installed on the other rig).  Just depends how long work is tomorrow.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

hmmmm been a good while since I folded. Once I get my rigs back up and running I think i'll join in on this week :) 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 3/24/2018 at 7:58 PM, straight_stewie said:

So just a few questions:

• Is the soft date of March 26, 2018 now a hard date?
  • What time does the contest start (We will need to make sure someone is available to correctly log the start points data at that time)?

Sorry yes hard date is tomorrow. I run on PST and will log all data I can within the next half hour. Sorry it was a really busy weekend for me.

12 hours ago, Lockram said:

Unless otherwise stated, I will log my data into the excel document at 24:00. (I'm in Scandinavia, so 24 is in 4,5 hours.) 

That would be perfect I'm not going to be too exact on the timing as I still need to screen shot the leaderboards and log the data myself but If you go ahead and take care of your own that would be much appreciated!

5 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Very nice to see LTT forums doing a folding event, especially since the other forum I frequent put a hold on their events.

I think I can get mine up tomorrow (have to rework F@H install on the Mint 18.2 and get an OS installed on the other rig).  Just depends how long work is tomorrow.

Hey whenever you can start is great just try to get your info into the doc tomorrow if you want your progress tracked.

1 hour ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

hmmmm been a good while since I folded. Once I get my rigs back up and running I think i'll join in on this week :) 

Awesome whatever you can contribute is awesome!

Folding Community Board:

Ok sorry for another late reply went and edited the original post to read accurately. The event does start officially in the next 20 min but I'm not too particular on the exactness of the stat tracking so I went ahead and edited the doc so that everyone who's name was there has their starting info in. I will add this to the original post as well but if you are getting a late start to the event go ahead and enter your info and starting stats into the columns and I will go ahead and enter the finishing information so that we can see what you ended up doing (remember this is on the honor system and there are no actual prizes so please just be honest with your information. Besides its mostly about the folding project and the whole team than it is about individuals.) Also just notice just from us getting this ready and those of us who started folding early we already bumped the team up from 14th to 13th! (if that's what we can do on accident imagine what were gonna do on purpose.) Thank you to everyone here whether you helped me get this thing going helped someone with setup question or are just here to fold! Keep up the good work and let the games begin!

Folding Community Board:

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Oh dear. We're drawing like 1.2KW. And tomorrow I'm adding my brother's vega64 to the mix...

Now that is what I call power draw! At least even with the little storm heading your way you wont have to turn on the heat this week. How cold is it in Reno? (assuming you do actually live there.)

Folding Community Board:

2 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Now that is what I call power draw! At least even with the little storm heading your way you wont have to turn on the heat this week. How cold is it in Reno? (assuming you do actually live there.)

Not cold enough anymore :P

But yeah I'll be adding vega64 to the mix but taking down my 3d printing PC, as its pissing away 200w just for a 750Ti due to a 6 core phenom and low efficiency PSU. I'll move the 750Ti to the vega64 rig.

48 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Also just notice just from us getting this ready and those of us who started folding early we already bumped the team up from 14th to 13th! (if that's what we can do on accident imagine what were gonna do on purpose.)

I just checked the cached page I have of day 1 status and it says that we are still 14th in team rankings. (page cached at like 11:40 PST) Before I change the doc just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't wrong so if someone could show me where they found us to be 13th please let me know and I will change it back.

Folding Community Board:

2 minutes ago, palespartan said:

I just checked the cached page I have of day 1 status and it says that we are still 14th in team rankings. (page cached at like 11:40 PST) Before I change the doc just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't wrong so if someone could show me where they found us to be 13th please let me know and I will change it back.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

ok since this is what the official folding site says I'm not sure which one we want to use. Ill leave the decision to you just enter whichever one you want into the doc and we'll use it at the end of the week to gauge us.

6 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Not cold enough anymore :P

But yeah I'll be adding vega64 to the mix but taking down my 3d printing PC, as its pissing away 200w just for a 750Ti due to a 6 core phenom and low efficiency PSU. I'll move the 750Ti to the vega64 rig.

well considering your adding a vega 64 to the mix anyways my guess that the inefficiency of the phenom and bad psu will be missed when you see your power draw after that. Definitely want to hear where you peak out with everything up and running. lol

Folding Community Board:

1 minute ago, palespartan said:

ok since this is what the official folding site says I'm not sure which one we want to use. Ill leave the decision to you just enter whichever one you want into the doc and we'll use it at the end of the week to gauge us.

I'm not sure which would be more accurate. All of the other numbers seems to be the same except for team totals. I wonder if there's a team in one that's not in the other.

On a side note, I really need to upgrade cards. I've been folding 24/7 for a while now and only making about 200,000 ppd.