Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

7 hours ago, palespartan said:

Its a good idea though and I don't mind doing the doc so long as everyone posts their folding name for me.

Well, I'll get the ball rolling on that. My folding handle is the same as it is here, minus the underscore ("superstewie")

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

13 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Well, I'll get the ball rolling on that. My folding handle is the same as it is here, minus the underscore ("superstewie")

Added link to Google doc in first post so that everyone can enter their own info just to make my life a bit easier. Still have to re-teach myself how to do all the formulas in google sheets. but here is a link to it as well:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NerB4jOfgEG_l9mcxxMNTe6hboswk6V-hLiSLMDp7gc/edit?usp=sharing

8 hours ago, RollinLower said:

Awesome! Definitely count me in for the week. I recently just passed 25M points, now waiting for my badge to update.

I'll get my Titan ready :P

Awesome! Out of curiosity which Titan and what are your PPD with it?

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

1 hour ago, palespartan said:

Awesome! Out of curiosity which Titan and what are your PPD with it?

the first Pascal Titan. so not the Xp, but the XP. (gotta love that naming scheme)

i usually average 1.2/1.5M PPD with this and my Xeon both working. 

53 minutes ago, Lockram said:

@palespartan, I don't know if you have done it intentionally, but to edit your Google doc and enter the F@H username I had to request access. 

I think I changed permissions on it properly. But also approved your request and will do so for anyone else who ends up needing it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Folding Community Board:

7 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

the first Pascal Titan. so not the Xp, but the XP. (gotta love that naming scheme)

i usually average 1.2/1.5M PPD with this and my Xeon both working. 

Awesome that actually means that with the overclock my 1080ti is basically the same.

Folding Community Board:

3 hours ago, palespartan said:

I think I changed permissions on it properly. But also approved your request and will do so for anyone else who ends up needing it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Request sent.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

29 minutes ago, Lockram said:

@bcredeur97, my GTX 1080 does approximately 830.000-870.000 PPD. And that's without my CPU running. 

O_O sad thing is like the other guy mentioned, if it requires a lot of PCIe bandwidth, then no way to cost effectively run 18 GPU's for folding, not without having way too many computers or expensive rackmount servers with a lot of PCIe slots and lanes.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

O_O sad thing is like the other guy mentioned, if it requires a lot of PCIe bandwidth, then no way to cost effectively run 18 GPU's for folding, not without having way too many computers or expensive rackmount servers with a lot of PCIe slots and lanes.

I try not to think about cost when folding. I pay half a dollar for each kilowatt-hour I use. The only upside is I do also have the possibility to use F@H on my GTX 1070 when at work. 

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Even though it isn't an ideal setup to have a bunch of cards on 1x to 16x risers there are some things that you could do to help, like changing the bios setting from gen2 to gen3 which will help bandwidth and all boards come with at least one 16x slot so you can put your most powerful card there and so long as you have a gen3 4x connection you should be fine. Even all of that said my 970 on a 1x connection only takes about a 30% hit so not the end of the world.

Folding Community Board:

Just now, Lockram said:

I try not to think about cost when folding. I pay half a dollar for each kilowatt-hour I use. The only upside is I do also have the possibility to use F@H on my GTX 1070 when at work. 

$0.50 per KWh? Wut.

why is it so much where you live? that's insane.... We pay $0.08 during the summer at my place, and that's high for the area I'm in. Our previous home was only $0.03

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

$0.50 per KWh? Wut.

why is it so much where you live? that's insane.... We pay $0.08 during the summer at my place, and that's high for the area I'm in. Our previous home was only $0.03

Last three months I've used 649KWh.

Subscription to Energy company: 6,26$

Subscription to the company delivering the power: 15,31$

Cost of the power: 38$ (649KWh)

Tax/toll: 181$

Charge for automatic payment: 1,65$

VAT: 48,40$

Total price for 649KWh = 290$ (0,44$ for each KWh)

My country has an insane welfare system, which is extremely expensive - Hence the need for all those taxes/VAT. Sorry, that was a bit off-topic. 

My point was that Folding week is gonna be an expensive one. :-) 

1 minute ago, Lockram said:

Last three months I've used 649KWh.

Subscription to Energy company: 6,26$

Subscription to the company delivering the power: 15,31$

Cost of the power: 38$ (649KWh)

Tax/toll: 181$

Charge for automatic payment: 1,65$

VAT: 48,40$

Total price for 649KWh = 290$ (0,44$ for each KWh)

My country has an insane welfare system, which is extremely expensive - Hence the need for all those taxes/VAT. Sorry, that was a bit off-topic. 

My point was that Folding week is gonna be an expensive one. :-) 

ah it's fine. I find it interesting.

we usually use between 1500-2900 kWH at my house per month.. summers are really hot here so A/C knocks our bill up quite a lot. That said, our winters are hardly anything so it never runs at all... heat maybe gets used twice a year.

But still... thats with a house full of LED lights and stuff. crazy how expensive it is over there... I can't even imagine what we'd have to do if our bill was 4-5x bigger.

Spoiler

Threw in my main system for a couple of runs while I was at work. Apparently a 4.5GHz 1650 and two RX 480s is worth about 630k PPD.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

8 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Threw in my main system for a couple of runs while I was at work. Apparently a 4.5GHz 1650 and two RX 480s is worth about 630k PPD.

definitely not bad. Were you running all threads on the 1650 or did you disable 2 of them to see if that would speed up the gpus? (more of a requirement on the Nvidia side I know just curious as to if it would help with AMD to get ppd closer to Nvidia equivalent cards.)

Folding Community Board:

2 hours ago, palespartan said:

definitely not bad. Were you running all threads on the 1650 or did you disable 2 of them to see if that would speed up the gpus? (more of a requirement on the Nvidia side I know just curious as to if it would help with AMD to get ppd closer to Nvidia equivalent cards.)

I had 6 disabled for power concerns, my system has been shutting down spontaneously and I pretty sure it's the motherboard VRMs. I have plans to modify the heatsink for active cooling, but not right now. It's actually a serious problem that I'm having.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Running a test fold on all the machines I intend to fold with.

Main PC (6700K, GTX 1080Ti)

IMG_20180322_231922.thumb.jpg.f04b606ff0c780b21a55dc551cd20a96.jpg

3D printer PC (Phenom II X6 1090T, GTX 750Ti)

IMG_20180322_231954.thumb.jpg.89925819c21c9aa0756023bd1c9eb4dd.jpg

HTPC (4790, 780Ti) and testbench (3570K, GTX 970, 2x GTX 750Ti)

IMG_20180322_231908.thumb.jpg.dd3a56fda56224cefded0293b534baaf.jpg

My room is getting extremely hot. I need to open my window.

I'm not running any CPU work units on any of these machines.

Even with having 3-6 hours downtime a day to stream, Im still the 5th best producer... Till folding week comes anyway. 

folding.PNG

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Even with having 3-6 hours downtime a day to stream, Im still the 5th best producer... Till folding week comes anyway. 

folding.PNG

Ooh I'm catching up!

I'd probably have you beat if I could make a script that says "OK" every time the core crashes due to nvidia drivers being nvidia drivers

38 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ooh I'm catching up!

I'd probably have you beat if I could make a script that says "OK" every time the core crashes due to nvidia drivers being nvidia drivers

HAHA If i actually split my cards across my rigs id have around 1.3-1.5mil PPD. But for some reason that upsets my main rig. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm not gonna be home this weekend, but I started my GTX 1080 before i left. Hopefully i can find myself on the top 20 tomorrow.  :-)

On monday i will fire up my GTX 1070 aswell. Hoping for 1.4 million PPD throughout the folding week. 

Added my name. SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER