Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Join me in celebrating my birthday with a week of folding with more LTT prizes! 

last resort (can not seam to find a definitive answer online) ubuntu server 20.04.01 AMD Vega 64 wont support opencl 1.2+ only 1.1 
Any guidance would be most appreciated

On 2/22/2021 at 1:52 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

As much as I love your enthusiasms I really can't bring myself to do a month more than once a year honestly. 

Not going to lie, I like the fact that they are yearly. There will be at least this sprint, the traditional summer sprint, and folding month this year. I'm also presuming @Ithanulwill be getting us involved in the Pent this year again. So there are a few DC events planned so far. 

Yes, the Pent is coming up in a few months.  By what the official Pent website states, that will be 5 May of this year.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

So I have been under a rock apparently - not doing any help for years - but I am here now... setup F@H and running on desktop... here's the thing... I have 20x RC560 cards I used to mine with... I have 30 spare dell r210ii servers just sitting in garage... not that I want to have a 2k/month electric bill - but what should I do with all this excess application power? Unless I can figure a way to rent it out as a self-hosted node(s) on Matrix cloud or sell rendering across some distributed setup - I'd love to just donate the processing not being used to F@H...

Ideas on where to start and what to do with all these spare machines?

9 hours ago, GoZippy said:

So I have been under a rock apparently - not doing any help for years - but I am here now... setup F@H and running on desktop... here's the thing... I have 20x RC560 cards I used to mine with... I have 30 spare dell r210ii servers just sitting in garage... not that I want to have a 2k/month electric bill - but what should I do with all this excess application power? Unless I can figure a way to rent it out as a self-hosted node(s) on Matrix cloud or sell rendering across some distributed setup - I'd love to just donate the processing not being used to F@H...

the jealousy is real 

Homer_Drooling.png

9 hours ago, GoZippy said:

I would put them in a rack and create as you proposed rentable processing/render farm and have FAH as in the background maybe something that can turn the next one on when there is no free processing power left?

1 minute ago, marknd59 said:

Power supply just went puff on one of my systems. Hope it didn't take anything else with it. ☹️

like the dragon or just cut out

20 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

No smoke and flames just died. New one all ready ordered and I should have it tomorrow just hope I swap it out and all is OK.

phew had a few of those. mums the words

25 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

No smoke and flames just died. New one all ready ordered and I should have it tomorrow just hope I swap it out and all is OK.

Fingers crossed for ya

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Made it with 15mins. to spare for scan to get me a new one tommorow so I should be up and running agian soon if nothing else broke.

what did you go for?

Should be plenty. The 2 systems draw 740W measured at the wall so each system is draw about 370W. This power supply is around 4 years old. The annoying things is I have a EVGA power supply that I was about to RMA just before  I got Cvoid, if I had gotten that sent off or done since I got out of hospital I'd have a suppy I could just put in and would aready be up and running again.

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Should be plenty. The 2 systems draw 740W measured at the wall so each system is draw about 370W. This power supply is around 4 years old. The annoying things is I have a EVGA power supply that I was about to RMA just before  I got Cvoid, if I had gotten that sent off or done since I got out of hospital I'd have a suppy I could just put in and would aready be up and running again.

urg 
hope you are doing okay 

10 hours ago, marknd59 said:

Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold

I have a few of those and they’ve been solid

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

So since i'm finally back crunching some proteins on my main rig, i wonder what numbers i should be expecting. What should a 6900XT produce?

I'm getting about 3.5M at the moment.

EDIT: that's on stock clocks/voltages by the way.

Edited by RollinLower

As if my system couldn't get any more crazier. At least the memory temps on my 3080 are 12.C cooler now. Also watercooled the 1050 Ti behind the 3080, as the fan was too loud. Had a spare uni block anyhow.

20210227_220417.thumb.jpg.5cc1f21b808335647790b008c965609a.jpg

20210227_220427.thumb.jpg.936d4b0832b689200d353d33205d9391.jpg

Current Build

I'm hoping to have the event thread up in the next couple days

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm hoping to have the event thread up in the next couple days

Estimated starting date?