AMD 1800X Suddenly Stop Posting

davidst95

Hi, I have an AMD 1800X with a Gigabyte Gaming K7 motherboard ane 2x16GB 3200Mhz of G.Skill Ram for almost six months.  It is slightly overclocked to 3.8Ghz using Gigabyte's Easytune software.  Today when I rebooted the BIOS did not come up.  All the fans in the case and the NZXT AIO turnes on, but my monitor, keyboard, and mouse did not turn on.  It had been idle for about two days and I had not been doing anything intensive except web browsing.

The debug LED keeps getting stuck at code 15 on the CPU which means according to the manual "Pre-memory North Bridge Initialization started."   I tried resetting the CMOS and using the secondary BIOS but no luck.   If anyone could tell me the cause of this error code and if it can be fixed I would be greatly appreciative.  

David

check memory installation. clean memory pins, put 1 memory at a time, switch memory slots etc.

one of your memory could be bad.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

HI, I tried your suggestion but no luck.   I also have another desktop that's a I7-6700K with 4x8GB 3000Mhz of G.Skill RAM.   I tried to put a few in my X370 in a various configuration but without success.   I put the ram I had in my Gigabyte X370 into my Asus Z170 motherboard and the motherboard and CPU started with out any issues.   I also moved my GTX 1070 just in case but there's no problems with that either. 

I'm going to run memtest86 overnight and see if any errors comes appears.   Also, I don't if this means anything but when I switch to the secondary BIOS it displays D5 which the manual says " CPU initialization error."   I didn't ever flash that BIOS so I'm not sure how accurate that code could mean.

If there a no memory errors at the end of test is here something else I am overlooking?   Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

David

Reset the bios, remove the overclock.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I reset the COMS  in the beg ginning.   I thought that rests the BIOS and removes any overclock.   Thanks.

David

Auto overclocking is horrible. I have Ryzen 5 1600 and I use Asus tpu2(auto oc mode) it puts 3.6 ghz oc with 1.4 voltages. There is way too much voltage needed for that oc. If you have been unlucky and auto oc has applied too much voltage, you might have burned chip(not likely). i think problem is ram aswell. and resetting cmos will reset your overclocks if done in bios. Since it will set everything to factory defaults.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you break your hardware, its at your own risk. Everything I say is my opinion and my opinion only.

Had the same issue happen Saturday 3rd of march.

reset bios worked first time then fell over on the 5th completley. Then i had a brand new Treadripper build do exactly the same thing, was using a Taichi board though.

It was a coincidence a windows update happened just before on both times it failed and on the threadripper.

On the K7 have tried main and secondary bios it always gets stuck on 15.

Im going to warranty the MB but wondering if this issue was fixed, as have tried everything i would normally try being a tech.