Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

 

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

 

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Was driving with some friends and saw this absolute BEAUTY, I think its a Rolls-Royce, but I'm not sure. 

0?ui=2&ik=369e410982&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-a:r7167873036592694200&th=179d23da95bf9b37&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_PvSeVBEku1azP6Dq1f4BB3MxCb321SYeDOmxyCy9zRC7K7z0dYoWRf3Fr9bDevHninIzNrwDexockcmqOnUATeujRGBWe7bxhLj5_tX488lsJd4PQJJ-AjfM&disp=emb&realattid=179d23d9c523d1a9aed3

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

do you guys see a growing market for electric car conversions? I guess more in particular for special/classic cars

At some point, yes. Hopefully the EPA/NHTSA will allow it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 5:31 PM, bcredeur97 said:

do you guys see a growing market for electric car conversions? I guess more in particular for special/classic cars

I think we are gonna see a significant uptick in conversions here in a few years. Then stuff will catch on fire, explode, etc and laws will make it much harder.

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / 13" MBP M1 / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vetali said:

I think we are gonna see a significant uptick in conversions here in a few years. Then stuff will catch on fire, explode, etc and laws will make it much harder.

But by god imagine how much fun taking one of those conversion kits would be to slap in some frame rails for a kart.

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2021 at 8:05 PM, bcredeur97 said:

2002 miatas like mine are going for 5 figures now what the heck 

 

this market is stupid 

i like to expand on this a bit, and yes miatas have literally went to moon, i found a NC for 7k couldn't even find a NA under 10k

 

i think its  due to coronavirus, i watched video about it i think its due to people financing cars or something, i think coronavirus forced dealerships to make these " financing" to help people that don't have any money, but then i think the payments were due then the prices went to the moon, someone could prob correct me or describe in more detail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i like to expand on this a bit, and yes miatas have literally went to moon, i found a NC for 7k couldn't even find a NA under 10k

 

i think its  due to coronavirus, i watched video about it i think its due to people financing cars or something, i think coronavirus forced dealerships to make these " financing" to help people that don't have any money, but then i think the payments were due then the prices went to the moon, someone could prob correct me or describe in more detail.

i understand for normal cars it's because ppl who can't buy new cars for whatever reason due to shortages are being forced to buy used so they are gobbling them up. 

But for a fun weekend car like a miata, I don't quite understand.

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

But for a fun weekend car like a miata, I don't quite understand.

i think we ran outta miatas

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting to work on the Bimmerworld Pikes Peak car again! My "Uncle", not by relation, just a friend of my dad's, is a driver for Bimmerworld. He asked me and my dad if we wanted to help again, I cant wait. I helped a little before, when all we had was an E36 shell. Look for the car in the next Pikes Peak run! It's scheduled to run then.

Image result for bimmerworld pikes peak

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RGBoy said:

I'm getting to work on the Bimmerworld Pikes Peak car again! My "Uncle", not by relation, just a friend of my dad's, is a driver for Bimmerworld. He asked me and my dad if we wanted to help again, I cant wait. I helped a little before, when all we had was an E36 shell. Look for the car in the next Pikes Peak run! It's scheduled to run then.

Image result for bimmerworld pikes peak

I’d love to see the pikes peak hill climb event. Don’t think I’ll make it out this year though. Had to take my vacation early lol 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I autocrossed. It was interesting. I didn't like the course design for being very novice friendly but I understand why they did it the way they did so I don't feel like my criticism is justified being a complete novice. My two biggest hurdles were getting lost and using my brakes. I asked the instructor to drive my car for one run to show me how it's done and that taught me a lot more than his verbal directions, but that's just how I learn. He cut a run 10 seconds faster than I was running and showed me what my card COULD do with a good driver and COULD do if I can become a better driver. I am not a better driver, yet. I'll probably do this again sometime at some point, I'm exhausted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I autocrossed. It was interesting. I didn't like the course design for being very novice friendly but I understand why they did it the way they did so I don't feel like my criticism is justified being a complete novice. My two biggest hurdles were getting lost and using my brakes. I asked the instructor to drive my car for one run to show me how it's done and that taught me a lot more than his verbal directions, but that's just how I learn. He cut a run 10 seconds faster than I was running and showed me what my card COULD do with a good driver and COULD do if I can become a better driver. I am not a better driver, yet. I'll probably do this again sometime at some point, I'm exhausted.

It is exhausting! Full day lol. That’s something most people don’t expect. 
 

I was kind a weird case placing top of class my first time out lol. I’ve just always loved driving and wasted so much time in school learning actual car physics lol. I was also too aggressive though I had to back it down and work back up smoother. Hard to do when you don’t get much seat time. I recommend going out to a test n tune event if they have one because you can run the course over and over again back to back 

 

our group would mix it up, sometimes course would be difficult sometimes novice friendly. Just depended on who was hosting the event (which they would change, I almost volunteered since I’m a member once but idk what I’m doing enough lol + most of the group was 100miles away) 

 

I haven’t been in a couple years! Mainly just scared of breaking my car 100+ miles away from home 😕 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcredeur97 said:

It is exhausting! Full day lol. That’s something most people don’t expect. 
 

I was kind a weird case placing top of class my first time out lol. I’ve just always loved driving and wasted so much time in school learning actual car physics lol. I was also too aggressive though I had to back it down and work back up smoother. Hard to do when you don’t get much seat time. I recommend going out to a test n tune event if they have one because you can run the course over and over again back to back 

 

our group would mix it up, sometimes course would be difficult sometimes novice friendly. Just depended on who was hosting the event (which they would change, I almost volunteered since I’m a member once but idk what I’m doing enough lol + most of the group was 100miles away) 

 

I haven’t been in a couple years! Mainly just scared of breaking my car 100+ miles away from home 😕 

I wasn't too worried about breaking the car, it's a Toyota they don't break lol. Younger guy had a pretty stock 01 Miata that stalled and then threw a Cam sensor code. Gifted him some solid advice on working on the car, had my small code scanner with so I pulled the code for him.

 

I could have gotten in double the runs but my nerves weren't cooperating with me, amped up on anxiety jitters and adrenaline jitters combined to just feel like someone punched me in the chest a few times so I had to sit out some runs, drink some water, eat a snack, hit the shitter. Now I'm so exhausted. I get free test n tune tomorrow but I can't go, firstly I'm exhausted. It's a 90 minute drive down so I'd need to get up at 5 AM again to get out of the house and get there on time.

Secondly I'm going to call myself out publicly and shame myself, I've been putting off cleaning the house for like 2 years and it's started to affect the relationship with my long time GF who lives here with me, amping up her anxiety and making her feel like she's just a guest in my mess. We started in on it earlier this week in the basement. I've told myself no fun, no fucking around, not till the basement is cleaned. I've got BOXES AND BOXES of crap I haven't touched since I moved in 5+ years ago. A lot of it is just junk that I need to sort and throw away and stop hoarding. Once the basement is cleaned I can put all the shit upstairs into the basement and then go through the basement again because there's less distractions down there, it's cool and quiet and I can focus. ADHD at it's finest!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I wasn't too worried about breaking the car, it's a Toyota they don't break lol. Younger guy had a pretty stock 01 Miata that stalled and then threw a Cam sensor code. Gifted him some solid advice on working on the car, had my small code scanner with so I pulled the code for him.

 

I could have gotten in double the runs but my nerves weren't cooperating with me, amped up on anxiety jitters and adrenaline jitters combined to just feel like someone punched me in the chest a few times so I had to sit out some runs, drink some water, eat a snack, hit the shitter. Now I'm so exhausted. I get free test n tune tomorrow but I can't go, firstly I'm exhausted. It's a 90 minute drive down so I'd need to get up at 5 AM again to get out of the house and get there on time.

Secondly I'm going to call myself out publicly and shame myself, I've been putting off cleaning the house for like 2 years and it's started to affect the relationship with my long time GF who lives here with me, amping up her anxiety and making her feel like she's just a guest in my mess. We started in on it earlier this week in the basement. I've told myself no fun, no fucking around, not till the basement is cleaned. I've got BOXES AND BOXES of crap I haven't touched since I moved in 5+ years ago. A lot of it is just junk that I need to sort and throw away and stop hoarding. Once the basement is cleaned I can put all the shit upstairs into the basement and then go through the basement again because there's less distractions down there, it's cool and quiet and I can focus. ADHD at it's finest!

those cam sensors going out are super common on 01+ miata's i actually keep a spare one in the trunk as per recommendation on forums. 

no shame in having to clean out your house. In my experience, it usually is daunting but once you start you get kind of in a groove and it just goes until eventually the whole day goes by and you're all done. 

For me it's always that initial getting started part that's the hardest. Once I'm doing something it gets done. This goes for pretty much anything 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

those cam sensors going out are super common on 01+ miata's i actually keep a spare one in the trunk as per recommendation on forums. 

no shame in having to clean out your house. In my experience, it usually is daunting but once you start you get kind of in a groove and it just goes until eventually the whole day goes by and you're all done. 

For me it's always that initial getting started part that's the hardest. Once I'm doing something it gets done. This goes for pretty much anything 

It's starting then not getting distracted and building a computer instead by mistake. I figure if I just keep shaming myself then I have to do it. I have to do it for her anyway, I don't give a shit it doesn't bother me but it bothers her and that's reason enough.

Here's my second run if anyone cares, way too fast and wtf is this other pedal that's not throttle? Brakes? Never heard of them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bitter said:

It's starting then not getting distracted and building a computer instead by mistake. I figure if I just keep shaming myself then I have to do it. I have to do it for her anyway, I don't give a shit it doesn't bother me but it bothers her and that's reason enough.

Here's my second run if anyone cares, way too fast and wtf is this other pedal that's not throttle? Brakes? Never heard of them!

thanks for posting this it was actually helpful. 

My first question is I sense a "I don't know what's coming so i don't know what to do" from your driving. Are you looking ahead enough? You want to try to have your eyes be far enough ahead so you know what's coming next. It could also be that you were just nervous, and the sensory overload that comes with it being your first time out. 

You also were pretty far from the cones. The course flows a lot better the closer you get because it gives you more space which means more time to react to the next thing coming. As much as it may dismay the course workers (and you may want to add some painters tape to the corners of your car), it's probably better to risk hitting cones a bit more. 

Overall I'd say you'll improve a lot if you keep going out to it every month. Save this video and take one a year from now you'll see a big difference.

Also I would stay on "not the best" tires as long as you can stand it because thats the best way to learn. 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

thanks for posting this it was actually helpful. 

My first question is I sense a "I don't know what's coming so i don't know what to do" from your driving. Are you looking ahead enough? You want to try to have your eyes be far enough ahead so you know what's coming next. It could also be that you were just nervous, and the sensory overload that comes with it being your first time out. 

You also were pretty far from the cones. The course flows a lot better the closer you get because it gives you more space which means more time to react to the next thing coming. As much as it may dismay the course workers (and you may want to add some painters tape to the corners of your car), it's probably better to risk hitting cones a bit more. 

Overall I'd say you'll improve a lot if you keep going out to it every month. Save this video and take one a year from now you'll see a big difference.

Also I would stay on "not the best" tires as long as you can stand it because thats the best way to learn. 

Those are Dunlop Z3, so they're fairly OK for autocross. I feel like more cones to better define the course would have helped a lot for novices. It felt really easy to get lost and videos of autocross I've seen from some others had a lot of smaller cones to mark lanes and larger cones to mark corners and features with pointer cones as needed. Someone who attended the school with this club a long time ago said it was two days of driving, first day was a course of elements then a course of chained elements the second day like you'd normally see. I just felt like I was drowning out there...and feel pretty shitty today about it all. I might do more but it might not be this year I don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, bcredeur97 said:

I’ve seen Bronco Sports but yeah waiting to see the real one lol 

One of the great things about being so close to Detroit. Always see all sorts of camo'd vehicles in development, or un camo'd ones real close to their release. Had seen both new Broncos, the Mach - E, and the Powerboost before they were officially unveiled, and recently saw some RHD lifted Ranger in full camo, thinking Ranger Raptor test mule?

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about replacing the Saab with a Mazda in a few months particularly after I move to be with my boyfriend...

 

2006 Mazda6 Wagon to be exact, ideally with the Duratec V6.
5a54839beb0fa4295dc5fe098905adee.jpg

m5zgvy.png

 

 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

One of the great things about being so close to Detroit. Always see all sorts of camo'd vehicles in development, or un camo'd ones real close to their release. Had seen both new Broncos, the Mach - E, and the Powerboost before they were officially unveiled, and recently saw some RHD lifted Ranger in full camo, thinking Ranger Raptor test mule?

Hows the "real" bronco look on the road? 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

I'm thinking about replacing the Saab with a Mazda in a few months particularly after I move to be with my boyfriend...

 

2006 Mazda6 Wagon to be exact, ideally with the Duratec V6.
5a54839beb0fa4295dc5fe098905adee.jpg

m5zgvy.png

 

 

i dont really want to say anything .. but mazdas are not the greatest of cars .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

I'm thinking about replacing the Saab with a Mazda in a few months particularly after I move to be with my boyfriend...

 

2006 Mazda6 Wagon to be exact, ideally with the Duratec V6.
 

I'd get a 4 cylinder. The v6 is way too slow for the loss in fuel economy. They are decent but watch out for rusty examples from the north.

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i dont really want to say anything .. but mazdas are not the greatest of cars .... 

Shouldn't of, you have Terry syndrome where you think one example defines a whole make of cars past and present.

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / 13" MBP M1 / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vetali said:

Shouldn't of, you have Terry syndrome where you think one example defines a whole make of cars past and present.

no i dont, im just saying from the experience over here ... all mazdas rust to hell in like a few years and never seen or heard about a good Mazda 6 over here...
plus i didnt say that all mazdas are shit.... dont need to take it as a personal insult m8

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

no i dont, im just saying from the experience over here ... all mazdas rust to hell in like a few years and never seen or heard about a good Mazda 6 over here...
plus i didnt say that all mazdas are shit.... dont need to take it as a personal insult m8

You drove a shitbox mazda and wrote them off m80. I'm just calling out bullshit advice without substantiated evidence. Don't post in the thread for 2 weeks then suddenly need to reply to someone shopping a mazda....

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / 13" MBP M1 / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vetali said:

You drove a shitbox mazda and wrote them off m80. I'm just calling out bullshit advice without substantiated evidence. Don't post in the thread for 2 weeks then suddenly need to reply to someone shopping a mazda....

Dont act like you know everything about everyone... I didnt need to reply im just giving my opinion from what I have driven and heard about from people around me and seen in this country.
why would i post about anything if i have nothing to add to the conversation going on or nothing to start a new conversation? 
Either way ... no need to insult others when your opinion doesn't match someone else

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×