Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Motifator said:

Irrelevant to the actual point, though... sure, the Altima CVT sounds like a hair drier or a Makita dust cleaner, but Nissan still makes a better car than Chevy.

A better truck too, again with the actual point, the Titan.

If you want a cute little CVT, look at the Auris, with the HSD. Great grocery getter and the drivetrain is pretty epic for what it is.

I will have to agree to disagree with the better truck being the titan. Useless for truck stuff. Basically any new truck is, but that's besides the point.  

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Just now, Dillpickle23422 said:

I will have to agree to disagree with the better truck being the titan. Useless for truck stuff. Basically any new truck is, but that's besides the point.  

There's a difference between beating a truck and using a truck properly... there are several usages for trucks... I for one am a fan of the Commodore UTE, it also is a truck... technically... at least, with a half bed...

WHY OH WHY chevrolet did you ever choose to place the distributor at the back of your vortec 350's? It's not a horrible job as is, but boy did I wish I had a ford in that moment. Replaced the rotor and cap (fixed my horrible horrible random cylinder misfire), and I had to basically sit on my battery to do the job.  Accidentally put my knee through the air filter box (yayy for an actual reason to go to the junkyard though) when it could have just been right in the front, like fords used to. I shouldn't complain, it's already an easy vehicle to work on, but it would have saved my airbox lmao.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Just now, Motifator said:

There's a difference between beating a truck and using a truck properly... there are several usages for trucks... I for one am a fan of the Commodore UTE, it also is a truck... technically... at least, with a half bed...

I don't know much about any trucks outside of american trucks, and pretty much every american truck is marketed for "real work" but comes with a miserable 4 foot bed or whatever, and a massive cab. 

You're actually lucky that your Chevy is built together in that way.

Tell that to the A4 we have, where the battery is located under the bonnet in God knows where... with everything closed by plastic shells / covers.

The sheer amount of plastic used on this model Audi is insane really. Now I'm not saying it's a bad car but man, I'd love some of those accents done in other materials.

34 minutes ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

WHY OH WHY chevrolet did you ever choose to place the distributor at the back of your vortec 350's? It's not a horrible job as is, but boy did I wish I had a ford in that moment. Replaced the rotor and cap (fixed my horrible horrible random cylinder misfire), and I had to basically sit on my battery to do the job.  Accidentally put my knee through the air filter box (yayy for an actual reason to go to the junkyard though) when it could have just been right in the front, like fords used to. I shouldn't complain, it's already an easy vehicle to work on, but it would have saved my airbox lmao.

My dad is a chevy guy. He always ranted about the distributor placement on them. "Only thing that Ford got right was the distributor in the front"

I too have leaned towards chevy growing up, but my next rig might be a new F-150. Pretty bad when a truck can get better gas mileage than my current rig, and without using cylinder deactivation.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

10 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Believe it or not, my Altima isn't bad but my S10 can smoke it, no prob.
It's quicker and even gets better gas mileage too and the Altima is a 4-banger model. No worries about anything with the S10, does it's job without complaint and has done just that over the past 27 years and counting since I've had it.

And if I really want it to be quick off the line, I can just lock in the 4x4 part and well.... You know.
Maybe not quite on the order of a WRX but you get the idea. 😁

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's 1.4t Cruze could smoke a 4 cylinder Altima, they are supposed be a V6 car no matter how awful a VQ sounds once the cat has been cut off to pay rent with that big Altima energy 😂

I say this in the S10 groups on Facebook almost everyday... Every engine in the S10 is perfectly adequate. Iron duke, 2.8 and 4.3, they are at the end of the day light duty trucks and if you use them as such are perfectly adequate trucks.

Mine at this point is literally just a 2wd Syclone, I don't get to be fast off the line, making like about 300hp at the crank and no traction control like the G8 had if it doesn't spin into 3rd gear the wheel hop will knock your teeth out...since split mono leaf springs and caltracs bars haven't really been a priority, though the "big tires" and torsen diff has helped a lot with traction.. 

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Nissan is the Chrysler of Japan.

Uh huh... Cruze 1.4T passing VQ car? Infiniti's sucking?

IDK which world I'm living in, but I do love the fact that mine doesn't end from the north to the south border...

le vee que god engine

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

It's pretty good, like not Honda good but still pretty good. Obviously a good stock engine / stocker.

Not a built boy like this, but I've seen some mad VQ setups when a turbo or SC is attached... a G37 pulls like there's no tomorrow on the highway, when heavily modified.