Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Does anyone know where can I get polyurethane bushes by dimensions? I suppose I could also use VW specific part number for it but PN + poly didnt yield any results on ebay or google. I also need poly engine and trans mounts too, I can only go about vw part number for these.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

Does anyone know where can I get polyurethane bushes by dimensions? I suppose I could also use VW specific part number for it but PN + poly didnt yield any results on ebay or google. I also need poly engine and trans mounts too, I can only go about vw part number for these.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/energy-suspension-universal-polyurethane-bushings.asp

Maybe?

8 hours ago, BrandonTech.05 said:

From your guys' experiences, what is the best value truck out there? I want to tow probably around 6-7k Ibs so ideally 3/4 ton. 

I am not loyal to any manufacturer so just throw your stuff at me if you have suggestions

Budget? Used/new? 1/2 tons are pushing 12k+ lb towing rating now. Though if constantly towing I'd too opt for the 3/4 ton or bigger.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

5 hours ago, vetali said:

Budget? Used/new? 1/2 tons are pushing 12k+ lb towing rating now. Though if constantly towing I'd too opt for the 3/4 ton or bigger.

Same thought here.

The ability to simply pull a load is one thing, the ability to handle the load related to suspension and brakes along with the size/weight of the pulling vehicle is another so it's not being pushed or snatched around by the weight of the load it's towing.

My S10 itself (4.3ltr / 5-speed trans / 4x4 truck) can easily pull 4000+ lbs itself because it's done it before with an older vehicle fully on a trailer (1980 Chrysler New Yorker) and didn't have any problems pulling it at all related to the truck's capability to get it moving and keep going. 

However with the truck's own smaller size and weight I could tell I was close to the "Safe" limit for what I was pulling before I'd run into problems just handling the load.

The suspension wasn't the problem, the brakes and lighter weight of it were the telling signs about it being that way but I did pull the trailer for about 25-30 miles that way without issues - I just had to be careful about braking/braking distance (Red lights and so on) and not taking curves too fast with it.
I maybe had to drop drop down from 5th to 4th once along the way due to hills but overall it just took the car/trailer and ran with it.

I also have done the same with an older Fordson 3-cylinder diesel tractor on a trailer in the same way - That DID reveal the pickup's weight limits related to something being too much and had to do that tow carefully.
I only had to take it about 10 miles in a rural area so it wasn't too bad, I just had to take it slow and got it where it needed to be. Braking was something I had to pay mind to because of the "Push" I got from the tractor's weight when braking and it was the same for the rest in general - Even the suspension was tested with that pull.
Even with that the little pickup didn't have any issues just pulling it related to sheer engine power/capability.

Only reason I did that was it was my dad's tractor and my truck was the only towing capable vehicle we had available, so we just loaded it up and did it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

20 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

3/4 ton should do it as long as all the mechanicals are in good shape.
An automatic trans is more convenient to use but a manual works too if it's setup right related to it's gearing. If going for an automatic truck, if it has a trans cooler that would be of benefit to the trans and let it operate cooler, which helps the life of one.
Either a big V6/inline 6 or a V8 should get it done - Don't ignore a 6 cylinder because they do have good low end/low RPM torque overall but most likely any 3/4 ton you'll find will have a V8 in it anyway.

I'm assuming this isn't a one-time "Thing" since you did seem to indicate purchasing one here.

I'll only go for inline 6 if it's diesel but I am straying away from diesel because of the cost of fuel. But there is the added benefit of the engine being much stronger. 

I'm usually as lost as you are